“Superb tour of City of London” 5 of 5 bubbles

Free Tours by Foot
Ranked #2 of 166 Food & Drink in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We provide pay-what-you-like walking, food and bike tours of London. There is no upfront cost to take our tours and you decide what a tour was worth or what you can afford, even nothing, once the tour is done. Our tours cover neighborhoods, like Westminster or Greenwich as well as theme tours. We also offer free self guided tours of several London neighborhoods.
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Superb tour of City of London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

3 of us did the city of London your with Margaret on 17 June. It was really amazing saw some very nice areas in the square mile like St Paul's, Samuel Johnson's house, Twinings original store, tower bridge, London bridge, the peer near Tower of London etc. The group was large however Margret is superb and a great orator, the size of the group does not matter with her. She makes it lively, is always happy to answer questions. she gives you time to get quick photos which other tours don't. I absolutely love that about her.
We have done 4 tours with these guys and highly recommend it. It's a great way to see a city and understand the reason behind some things else you would totally miss out on the concepts.
Make sure you pay atleast 10 pounds for the hard work these guys do.

• Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Me and my boyfriend are just coming back from the Jack the Ripper tour in London and it was amazing!.Jessica was a great guide, she gave us tons of incredible tips and she really knew a lot about London's history and Jack the Ripper.
I would totally recommend this tour to anyone! It was excellent. Thank you Jessica

Belfast, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing Tours & Guides”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I completed four different tours with this company. The first day I completed the Westminster and City of London sightseeing tours with guide Margaret. She was brilliant and knew so many interesting things about the history of London and the sights we seen as we explored the city. She was great with answering questions and provided extra pieces of information, including cheap and budget-friendly alternatives for tourist attractions in London. When my girlfriend comes to visit, I will be emailing Margaret so that we can get a tour with her again.

On the following day, I completed the East End and the Soho & Picadilly tours. The East End tour was completed with guide Jessica, and the Soho & Picadilly tour with guide Michael. Once more, both guides knew their information, history, and querky facts. All guides were very friendly and helpful, and I would recommend this company to anyone looking to see London via walking tours.

Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

I did the Westminster Tour with Margaret and we loved it! Margaret was a knowledgeable guide who led us on a wonderful and entertaining tour of this fascinating area. Her insights and local knowledge ensured that we had the best experience possible. It was my favourite thing I have done in London so far and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is visiting London. 10/10 Margaret and Free Tours by Foot.

Worthing, United Kingdom
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Thank you Gregory for making our walk through Piccadilly, Soho and China Town so interesting and entertaining - this certainly will not be our last trip with yourselves. Gregory certainly gave us enough information to last a lifetime! We all would recommend anyone coming into London and wanting to see the sights to contact Free Tours by Foot. Not only do you find out so much about parts of the City but also find out where to eat and drink - an added bonus!