“Excellent”

Ranked #379 of 24,239 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$11 - US$57
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Bistronomique Food in the Badlands of W9 It's Creative, Seasonal with a turn of Je ne sais quoi! Reservations are welcome before 16pm for Dinner.
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

This place is lovely. Everything hand made, fresh and beautiful. The cakes are like pieces of art, but the standout by far is the bread. AMAZING BREAD.
The coffee is usual for London (i.e. below par) but otherwise, this is an absolute gem.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

The best Valentine's dinner I have ever had with my husband, thanks to Dimitra's special talent for creating the most wonderful food in an intimate dining space full of warmth and charm. We enjoyed a six course tasting menu on Friday 14th February, full of amazing flavours and cooked to perfection. They say that food prepared with love tastes better; Dimitra's dishes are proof of this. What better way to celebrate this occasion with your loved one? The sea bass was my favourite, and the crème brûlée was something else!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Plz visit this place it is very nice and clean and has always been very customer friendly and have great knowledge of what ever they do

1  Thank Charles T
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Delightful bakers. Amazing cakes and pastries and first rate coffee.Charming owner deservedly taking get pride in her home cooked food.

7  Thank MollieArchie
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I live around the corner from Les Douceurs and when I finally discovered it, I was in heaven! The smell that hits you in the morning with you open the door it the most beautiful, fresh bread smell. I adore the fresh, flaky croissants - the best you can get in London short of hopping on the EuroStar. I also enjoy Dimitra's fresh homemade breads, the olive bread is one of my favorites, but she has plenty to choose from. I also enjoy the line of teas she carries, the mint tea is like velvet on your tongue, I can't find it anywhere else!
Recently Dimitra has started serving dinner Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights, I tried it last night on a balmy, London summer night and was so overwhelmed with the experience. We sat outside to enjoy the summer air while we sipped on a bottle of wine we brought that they kept in the frig for us - they don't serve alcohol, but encourage you to bring your own. We started out the the courgette carpaccio and the duck pancakes. If you are thinking you will only be served classic French meals, as Dimitra was trained in France, you are wrong. SHe has a lot of fun and experiments with her food. The duck pancakes were composed of a duck stiry fry with strong Asian influences on a flat, hard pancake that reminded me of a Mexican corn tortilla. The courgette carpaccio was light and flavorful with grated parmigiano, cracked black peppers and spinach tossed together in a light olive oil and lemon dressing - all perfect for a warm summer night. For the main course we had the roasted pork belly accompanied with tempura potatoes and bok choy and the pan seared code with roasted potatoes, green bean and a beautifully light green salad with tomatoes and eggs. My partner who doesn't usually like cod was fighting me for more as it was very delicate, but full of flavors. We topped off our meal with two desserts, the apricot pudding and the brandy walnut pudding. The apricots perfect balance to the pudding and the brandy walnut was beyond moist - we were in heaven!
All of this, two appetizers, two mains, and two desserts cost us both £45! For the quality and quantity of food we had I would have paid £45 each for it, it really was that good.
On top of all of this Dimitra is friendly, helpful, and full of passion for her food. Go there twice and she will remember you and you will be a regular, it is one of those authentic neighborhood experiences that we all seek, but can rarely find... you will find it here!

1  Thank carlykp