“Years of joy”

Neighbourhood: Soho
London, United Kingdom
“Years of joy”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I've been coming here for over 15 years now and it is still my first choice by a mile for baked chinese products. The buns are always soft and fresh, there is a large selection of baked goods found in Hong Kong and their window display always entices you to go in.
The smell inside is wonderful, it can get a bit busy inside when there is a lot of people trying to get served but it really is worth it. Try their chicken pie!

• Visited April 2014

• Finnish first
Lisbon, Portugal
“Excellent bakery”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We went there after having a splendid lunch on the other side of the road. We bought there a couple of buns with coconut and others with beans, after tasting the one with beans, I told my wife we had to buy a couple more, as I was already finishing gulping down one. The staff is very friendly too.

Visited March 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
“Best Bakery Ever”
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I was in London for a Week and I went to this bakery 3 times.
A great variety of buns for a very affordable price, you can't get better than that. For about 2£ (equivalent to 2 buns) you can have a pretty nice hot lunch and that is great for someone who is trying to get a quick meal and carry on.

There is a huge variety of buns from pork to chicken to garlic to sweet buns, great great stuff. And I had a few buns on my backpack for a hole day and the next day they still tasted allright.

The service is also extremely fast. I will be sure to come back to this place once I return to London.

PS: my favorite thing to eat here was tha garlic pork roll.

• Visited March 2014
London, England, United Kingdom
“Mishmash of Chinese Buns and Cakes and Tai Yaki”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

You would be confused which bun to choose from the varied bun menu ranging from pork, chicken curry, green tea, red bean, coconut etc etc arranged soldierly in the glass cabinet. Pick up a pair of tongs and tray by the door and help yourself. Splendid idea for an afternoon tea or even a quick light meal and you'll spend only the spare change in your pocket. The hand made cakes are sumptuous; the fresh fruit and cream decorations leave you wanting more. Definitely recommended if you are ever visiting China Town London and am sure you'll end up buying one of each delicacy.

• Visited February 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Kowloon Bakery China Town London”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

This bakery is by far the best chinese bakery i've ever been too, they do beautiful window displays and have a huge variety of yummy goodies to chose from.

My family and I discovered this place a few months ago and everytime we go to London we have to go here, they make the most delicious BBQ Pork buns and the most delightful custard buns that are actually oozing custard, these are totally delicious and always make you go back for more, which we always do and save them for later on in the day!

Honestly i wouldn't eat in any of the restaurants there but this bakery gets 100% everytime, try it and you will be surprised how tasty they are, shame they don't do a delivery service but then again i don't think they'd want to travel to Sheffield!

• Visited February 2013