“Loved this place”

Neighbourhood: Soho
United States
“Loved this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

You go around with tongs and put what you want on a tray. There are a few things that they get for you though. It's so cute and interesting, plus a cheap snack that tasted good. Go by here if you like different types of baked goods and need a snack. I found it interesting that there is a "watch for pickpockets" sign inside the store. We didn't see any questionable characters lingering, but watch your wallet just in case.

• Visited May 2014

• Finnish first
Washington, DC
“Delicious Sponge Cake”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

I bought a delicious slice of sponge cake here. Lots of delicious looking items sweet and not sweet. It was crowded and the staff helpful, but I wish there were more room to peruse. I almost ordered a sponge cake with fish filling. Yikes! If you go, take your time and do not feel rushed if it is crowded!

• Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Years of joy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

I've been coming here for over 15 years now and it is still my first choice by a mile for baked chinese products. The buns are always soft and fresh, there is a large selection of baked goods found in Hong Kong and their window display always entices you to go in.
The smell inside is wonderful, it can get a bit busy inside when there is a lot of people trying to get served but it really is worth it. Try their chicken pie!

• Visited April 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
“Excellent bakery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

We went there after having a splendid lunch on the other side of the road. We bought there a couple of buns with coconut and others with beans, after tasting the one with beans, I told my wife we had to buy a couple more, as I was already finishing gulping down one. The staff is very friendly too.

Visited March 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
“Best Bakery Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

I was in London for a Week and I went to this bakery 3 times.
A great variety of buns for a very affordable price, you can't get better than that. For about 2£ (equivalent to 2 buns) you can have a pretty nice hot lunch and that is great for someone who is trying to get a quick meal and carry on.

There is a huge variety of buns from pork to chicken to garlic to sweet buns, great great stuff. And I had a few buns on my backpack for a hole day and the next day they still tasted allright.

The service is also extremely fast. I will be sure to come back to this place once I return to London.

PS: my favorite thing to eat here was tha garlic pork roll.

• Visited March 2014