“custard bun”

Chinatown Bakery
Ranked #43 of 321 Bakeries in London
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 20 June 2018

I stumbled across this place the first day I arrived in London. After that first visit, I made sure I went back at least once a day the whole time I was there. The pastries are amazing and reasonably priced.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank paul l
Write a reviewReviews (175)

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Missing your Asian type bread? This is the place to go. Good variety, freshly baked, opens till late.

1  Thank simyen
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Being part Chinese I have been fortunate to taste Chinese bakery products back in the motherland . This place is a hidden gem in London . Very reasonably priced you can get all your favourites - pineapple buns , egg custard tarts and the most delicious Chinese Swiss roll . I loved the fact it was very typical chinese custom of grabbing a tray and tongs and picking what you wanted.

Staff are friendly and helpful . They baked up all my purchases in a box so it could travel back with me . I live far away but if I’m in London again I’ll be sure to make a detour here.

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

It is so reasonably priced & there is always a wide & varied selection of items available.
I would recommend if you want a quick snack as it’s so central, service is quick & you’re not going to find taste wise!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Very fresh buns and pastry’s. Coconut tart, buns, custard bun and moon cakes all delicious.Always a treat!