“Lovely, gothic themed pub”
Review of London Stone

London Stone
Ranked #10,537 of 23,391 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Neighbourhood: City of London
Neighbourhood: City of London
Reviewed 18 December 2013

This sort of pub is right up my alley! I love the gothic interiour, the staff were friendly, and the food and drink was nice. I had some cheesy pasta, and I especially loved the sauce. Will most definitely visit this pub again!

4  Thank Elin_BS

Reviewed 15 December 2013

I was visiting london and was really hungry and decided to try London Stone as i thought it would be abit different and it looked good on their website. After descending down the stairs it was a lot smaller than it appeared in photos. I thought the gothic dark touches and the seating areas were great and would like them in my house ! Now bearing in mind we ordered the two meals for £11.00 well the food was reflected in the price.We both had chicken wrapped in bacon with chips and peas. It was okay and filled a hole. Its not somewhere you would go for a really good quality meal but if your hungry its good and yes i would go again.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

A small Gothic-theme bar opposite Cannon Street Station. Descend the stairs into a dark Gothic room complete with gargoyles, leather seating booths and ornate high-back chairs. The drinks on offer were standard beers etc but with a few year-round Halloween cocktails. The fun bit were the toilets which were hidden behind fake bookcases.

1  Thank Swedishtomcat
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Went to London Stone with high hopes... and was left quite disapointed.

It was quite easy to find from the station, walking down the stairs, we realised were were one of only 3 small groups of people in there.... We found a table that was at the back, and found the table to be very wet, the bar tender said 'Ive just cleaned it...' it was soked... We went to the bar and ordered our drinks, lovely selection of cocktails and the pitchers at just under £10 was brilliant value for money... I had seen on the website that food service stoped at 10pm, we were there by 8:30pm and were told 'oh no that has stoped' So went to sit back down and were aksed to move, as they needed to set up the equiptment for the next night... Which I found a little strange I was told 'its okay for you to move, there are plenty of seats for you to sit in...'

All in all i was very disapointed with the service we recieved at London Stone, maybe they were having a bad night maybe they were getting ready for the next night. Ive been to alot of the rock and metal pubs in and around London, but this wasnt the best.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

My girlfriend and I happened upon this place last weekend and I loved it. My only caveat is that I hope the owners and regular clientele don't take the horror/gothic theme too seriously because if they do this place runs a very serious risk of being overly prententious. However, providing the tongue remains firmly in cheek this is a fun place for a drink. Picture the standard spooky mansion that the Scooby Gang would investigate whenever the Mystery Machine would invariably break down outside and you're not far off London Stone.

2  Thank _richardkirk