“Lots of choice and reasonable prices”
Review of Krua by Nathong

Krua by Nathong
Ranked #2,119 of 23,571 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: City of London
Description: In 1984, Nathong restaurant was opened in Bangkok on the famous entertainment and business area, Ratchada. Nathong restaurant has been offering traditional and local Thai food to local people since then. In the winter of 2012, the restaurant decided to expand to the UK to present exotic taste of Thai food to the world. "KRUA" means "kitchen" in Thai as we are determined to serve what Thai people really dine. Krua by Nathong would like to welcome every Thai food lovers to come and have a taste of what we have to offer.
Reviewed 21 June 2014

First visit to this restaurant. Lots of choice on menu and the prices were reasonable. Staff were very friendly and service was good. Will return.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Nice restaurant, good service and good food. Located very near St Paul's cathedral.

Bill with tip was GBP 102 for which I used a credit card to pay. My local currency is Euro.

The restaurant however undertook to process a foreign exchange on my behalf without my approval when processing the credit card transaction. They kindly added on an additional 3.5% commission which I assume went to themselves.
This meant that I paid Eur 130.71 and an exchange rate of 1.275015 - well in excess of what it should have been.
I complained at the time once I noticed what had happened but was informed that this was the case and it could not be changed.

As I said it has a lot going for it but this left a very sour taste and I warn anyone from outside the UK not to get ripped off the same way I did.

2  Thank baringall
Reviewed 16 May 2014

After a busy day in London we decided that we all had a hankering for a tasty Thai meal having earlier noticed a sign for this restaurant by St Paul’s cathedral, we had a look on the ol’ Trip advisor and at that point the 19 reviews seemed positive.

They did not lie we had a lovely group meal with exemplary service.

Food wise I had the satay chicken – which was a rich and peanut filled ‘taste sensation’. My main after much debate was the Yellow Chicken Curry, which was absolutely delicious made with sweet potatoes, O I could have eaten it forever, I would have licked the plate clean if I had been in private, it was really up my street.

My partner had some Thai dumplings, they were HUGE and delicious (I tasted them mwha ha ha) and had Pad Thai for main.

I cannot remember what the rest of the group had someone did have the Green Chicken curry and found it tasty as well as one of the soups which was incredibly spicy.

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Very nice food. Original menu and reasonably priced. It was quiet when we were in (weeknight) but very attentive staff nonetheless. Will hopefully be back.

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Turned up as a group of 10... Were immediately accommodated despite the restaurant being busy and having no reservation.
Staff were quick efficient and friendly. The food was tasty but it is not high end cuisine. It didn't matter as the prices are very low (approx £20 per head incl service and alcohol) and everyone in our group really enjoyed it!
I have also been here with a smaller group and again had a great experience. Recommend for catching up with friends or for larger groups due to consistency, atmosphere, price, friendly staff and price!