“Excellent hotel in excellent location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Union Jack Club
Ranked #4 of 949 Speciality Lodging in London
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

Got a last minute reservation here, was given family room as this was the only one available and it was brilliant. Loads of space, very clean and modern. Attended breakfast in the morning which was a great starter to the day, food was lovely and plentiful. Nice relaxed environment, warm welcoming staff and there is parking too! Will be definately staying next time I'm in London.

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed 20 September 2013

My wife and i had a wonderful 5 day break and this stay we hope will become an annual event. It is wondefully placed with walking /bus/tube access to all over London. The staff in every department were excellent , there is a feel of Military efficiency (which for ex service people like both my wife and i is very re-assuring and welcome) but at the same time this efficiency does not detract from the warmth and friendlinessof the staff, food excellent, rooms great,coffeee bar in lounge excellent, thank you to all at the UJC who make the stay so worthwhile (see you in the new year!)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EkimRob
Reviewed 17 September 2013

This is my first stay at UJC and think it is excellent value for money, in a great location, and has a wonderful atmosphere. (Admittedly, I am a bit biased with ex-military background, so I find the photographs, art-work, and overall atmosphere to my liking.)
I am in a single room but it is more than adequate in size with a large ensuite, and as the whole room has been recently refurbished, its décor and ambience is quite modern. As I write this, I can see a view of ST Paul's Cathedral and of The Shard rom the window above the desk in my room.
I have friends nearby in a double room, and that is also a comfortable size and décor. In short, the accommodation is great value for money being quite large by comparison with other options in this price range in central London.
It is located across the street from Waterloo station and underground so there are plenty of connections to other lines, and there are numerous attractions with 10-15 mins walking distance.
The Club is abuzz with members and guests and seems quite vibrant and friendly, and the bar and restaurant are good value for money also.
I am from Australia and will stay here again if I can, and I highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank rayandjanis
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

As a former serviceman I find the Union Jack Club ideally suited for visits to London.
A building with excellent connections to all military arms, it always appears busy with military reunions which are always good to see.
I will always us the UJC as it suits my travel plans when central to London

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank KevinP1314
Reviewed 13 September 2013

First visit to U JC group of three of us stayed for a touristy visit to the capital. Great value rooms, great value bar. Restaurant ... food was great value and rib eye steak cooked to perfection. I don't go to London very often but will stay here again. We initially paid as temp honorary members (due to current job) but in the meanwhile applied to become member -well husband as ex forces. They refunded the difference which was more than the plus spouse membership.
The only negative .... drain in our bathroom was a bit slow and a little bit smelly. I would recommend that anyone who can become a member should.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Wendy S
Reviewed 9 September 2013

First visit to the UJC but will not be my last. We had booked the Rickett Suite as previously we have found the rooms in London hotels to be small. This was lovely, nice little lounge area with large screen TV and a fridge, very welcome as the temperatures when we stayed were in the high 20,s. cool drinks were required.. Lovely wet room with bath and shower and large bedroom with ample storage and another tv. A fan was supplied without having to be requested as it was so warm. Amazing views of The Shard from our bedroom window. Food very good and all staff friendly and very helpful. Room was beautifully presented and maintained by the housekeeping staff.

Very handy location opposite Waterloo Station and an easy walk down to Southbank and all its amenities if you did not want to dine at the UJC.

All in all, a wonderful experience which we will definitely be repeating soon.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Elaine B
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I have to admit that I am biased but I love the UJC. As an ex member of the forces, it puts you back into that enviornment. The people are friendly and the food is certainly above average. The rooms are not the best or the biggest but you have everything you need, and if you don't you only have to ask.

Booked in again for tonight!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business