“Seriously? Overpriced, sour coffee”

Taylor St Baristas Canary Wharf
Ranked #6,897 of 22,373 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Cafe, Fusion
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The cafe doesn't feel like Canary Wharf. Maybe it's the hand-crafted woodwork benches or the lack of fluorescent lighting or, indeed, the irreverent banter across the shop floor. Whatever it is, it works.More information on our website.
“Seriously? Overpriced, sour coffee”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

As a long-time food phanatic, I am also a coffee appreciator. And as an Italian, I am very demanding when it comes to my espresso cup, used as I am to downing 4 or 6 a day on an average working day.

Now, I believe my fellow Italians would agree with me when I say that you can tell a good coffee from the smell. TS Barista's is so sour I had troubles drinking it. I really cannot understand how people can rate this place so highly based on coffee, while it is obvoiusly an overpriced sour beverage.
Not just that, waiting time is endless even with no queue at the till - an average Italian barista serves several people per minute.

They should spend less time on making artwork with milk foam and focus on service and quality.

I am failing them.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Maria R

London, United Kingdom
“Best coffee in Canary Wharf”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

Very good flat whites. The signature coffee blend is smooth and butterscotchy and the milk texturing is always spot on. The food is consistently fresh with good quality ingredients.

The space is not huge and can get busy and noisy at times. But the staff are always very organised. The customer service is uncompromisingly Aussie style and probably an acquired taste for some. If you don't like it, feel free not to tip ;-)

My advice it to grab a loyalty card and get great coffee and knowledgeable baristas at the same price as elsewhere!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Adam S
“Poor.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

I asked for Cortado, and was asked what that was. It was probably my cue to leave. Anyway, ordered a flat white instead. Given this originates from Australia/NZ, I thought there would be less chance of it going wrong.. Anyway, it was a watered down flat white, nothing velvety about it, and I don't usually care about coffee art, but even this was not up to the standards. Shame.

• Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Seriously sort out the surly and overly-chummy staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

Coffee's good, would recommend Brera or Pret over this coffee though. Its the staff's attitude which needs sorting. They give you the feeling you are in the way of their conversation or their smartphone time!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank DavidExpat
West London
“Attitude with your coffee. Ripper. Wannabe Aussie kids”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

There coffee is great and food also however the pastries are a bit weedy. Attitude first these would be if they could be east London Hoxton types serve attitude first and treat both regulars and non regs like rubbish unless your a good looking English type tat the young girls like to flirt with. I joust want my coffee which is great and no Aussie bs banter. I'm from down under and appreciate great coffee but not their "attitude" which is like look at me I'm a rock star coffee dude or dudess as we say back home "get your hand off it "

• Visited April 2013