“Now Onto My Third Unseen Tour...”
Review of Unseen Tours

Unseen Tours
Ranked #34 of 678 Tours in London
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Unseen Tours is a social enterprise that works with homeless and formerly homeless individuals, coaching them to lead walking tours in various areas around London. We have five tours: Brick Lane, Camden, Covent Garden, London Bridge and Shoreditch. You will learn about the history of the local area, as well as the guides own experiences of street live. The tours are in truly unique, engaging and fun. They are off the beaten track so you get to experience the London unseen by most who live and visit here!
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Now Onto My Third Unseen Tour...”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I've now been on three Unseen Tours in different parts of London. Today was the Camden tour with Mike. Can't recommend it highly enough. He really new the best parts to take us, with some great live bands and hidden markets. I've worked around Camden for years but it seems there was so much I hadn't seen! You won't be disappointed.

3 Thank Rory F

London
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fascinating, funny and moving.”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Viv's covent garden tour was amazing. The historical anecdotes from this part of London were very interesting. The insight into the culture and community of homeless people in this area was a real eye opener and Viv sharing her own story of homelessness made the tour very real and also moving. I will certain be recommending this to family and friends.

1 Thank Kazbat1
Dublin, Ireland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Mike's Camden Tour Rocks!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

☆☆☆☆☆ Mike was a fantastic tour guide and the ‘Camden Tour – Rock and Roll Contrasts’ is one of the best walking tours I’ve taken.

Knowledgeable and passionate about the area, Mike talked about it in an engaging way with our interests in mind.

My friend and I loved hearing about his life experiences and his first-hand knowledge of Camden’s music scene, including recently attending Prince’s gig at the Electric Ballroom.

Mike was so friendly and a natural storyteller, and we really enjoyed taking in the beautiful views of the city from Primrose Hill and watching the boats pass by on Regent’s Canal, in his company.

It was a wonderful afternoon and this tour is a must for anyone visiting Camden. Reasonably well-traveled as a journalist, I found this tour to be a refreshing departure from the ‘boring, robot-like, information overload’ approach I’ve experienced on tours in other cities.

Not only is this tour a fascinating journey exploring the contrasts of the area - from Britpop hangouts to Daniel Craig's house - at a great price, it also supports a social enterprise that's making a difference.

I’ll be recommending this tour to friends and family visiting London. Thank you, Mike, we had a brilliant afternoon with you. Lynne and Ruth.

1 Thank nolansister2010
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Special tour of London as you have never experienced it before”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Viv, our tour guide, was a homeless person living in downtown London. She showed us in the Temple/Covent Garden Tour where she lived on the streets and shared stories of her life and of London in a way you have never experienced it before. A both interesting, touching and informative tour.

Could suit business, friends & family trips.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Jan-Paul v
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Guaranteed to surpass your expectations.”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

From the moment we arrived, our magnificent tour guide John was both engaging and charismatic.

Having never been on a tour like this I wasn't quite prepared for just how fantastic it would be. I don't know if i ever laughed and learned so much at the same time - and who doesn't love to hear about a spot of debauchery from London's past?

Moments of poetry performances were mind blowing and tied in wonderfully with the tour.

If they were to ever make a documentary about your life, you would certainly pick this chap to narrate it.

That's the London Bridge tour done. I will certainly be getting on some (if not all) of the others.

Visited June 2014