“Top food”

Cuisines: Asian
Neighbourhood: Notting Hill
Neighbourhood: Notting Hill
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Been going to that buffet since it first opened and still going regularly at first it was very slow in refilling food but since new management it's very fast in refilling and service is excellent staff do have a tendency to put you next to someone when there are plenty free tables around but not often and besides being a regular I get to pick my table lunch is value for money and dinner is extremely value for money anyone that moans otherwise is foolhardy to do so and does not know real Chinese cuisine....staff are definitely not rude or mean.... Will definitely keep going to it non stop....

Reviewed 2 December 2012

I went with my family to the Real China Restaurant in Whiteleys in Queensway today and was served some of the worst Chinese food I have ever experienced by some of the rudest staff I have met.

To add insult to injury, they claimed that children under 12 were charged half price, but my daughter, who has just turned 11 was deemed to be over 12 as they base the age on height!

What a joke!

Save your money and avoid this place. There are other much better Chinese restaurants in Queensway within 5 minutes walk!

2  Thank Joshua B
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Wow. Am stunned at how poor this place was. I went in with the expectations of a cheap all-you-can-eat buffet experience for lunch, and walked away regretting it.

The location and atmosphere is fine; it's in the mall (Whiteleys), they've a decent set-up and should be convenient for visiting the movies, or if you're there shopping.

The service is fine. Nothing spectacular. Staff basically ask if you want a drink, and then take your used plates away. Not much else.

The challenge is the quality of the food. It's really bad. Even for the price (£6 lunch, £12 dinner). "RohanandSureet" have a pretty accurate description... it's not worth it for the money, unless you only want pure volume of food (e.g., need to put on 5lbs in 24hrs). One thing that is also not mentioned is that there is a limited buffet served for lunch (e.g., 50% smaller) - I literally almost had my hand slapped away when I reached for one of the desserts that was apparently "dinner only"

Having lived in China for several months, I can safely say that this is the worst Chinese food I've had in living memory... and should be avoided.

....There are much better Chinese options all the way along Queensway for a similar price, where the quality of the food is much higher. Go somewhere else.

3  Thank CdnUkPlat
Reviewed 26 July 2012

With food, you generally get what you pay for. At £5.95 for eat-as-much-as-you-like lunch, it sounds too good to be true and it is. This is your typical bottom-end chinese where the food is either heavily coated in MSG or deep fried in thick batter. Think pile it up high, sell it cheap. The best dish here was the fresh melon, which I could not fault - it was ripe and tasty and not particularly chinese. The rest was not fit to feed to a dog.

The food, however bad it was, was not the worst of our experience. On ending our meal, our 3 year old son had left half of his food, even at his tender age, he is able to discern between poor food and downright awful. We were told (quite rudely) by the waitress that we shouldn't pick up food if weren't going to eat it. It didn't stop there, she then said she would charge us next time if we left food on the plate. We told her there was no chance of us returning. Maybe its me, but the concept of eat-as-much-as-you like means you do do exactly that or not, as you choose.

Whitely's needs to dump this restaurant double-fast !

5  Thank RohanAndSureet
Reviewed 8 July 2012

This Chinese buffet restaurant in the Whiteleys shopping centre food court, is a real find. They serve a wide range of dishes including sushi, great seafood, meat, fresh vegetable and tofu dishes and desserts. The buffet dishes were quickly replaced. There was also a chef preparing fish and seafood on a hotplate The staff were very helpful, regularly replacing used plates and serving drinks. Fantastic value for money at £12.50 per head on a Saturday evening. The location in a shopping centre food court is convenient. Can't recommend it highly enough.