“Amazing”

Price range: US$8 - US$36
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Belgravia
Description: Ametsa brings the flavours of the Basque Country to the heart of Belgravia at COMO The Halkin. Ametsa’s approach is rooted in the traditions of Basque cuisine, pairing the techniques of Spain’s Basque Country with British seasonal ingredients to create a selection of light tapas-style dishes and heartier sharing plates. The result is a relaxed neighbourhood dining experience for everyone to enjoy, lunch or dinner. Ametsa’s Private Dining Room can be reserved separately for a gathering of up to 24 guests, or in conjunction with the restaurant for a larger function accommodating up to 68
Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

I visited the restaurant after work for the Bookatable deal. I have eaten in many fine dining establishments and I genuinely feel this restaurant will go places. The experimentation was on point and everything tasted amazing.

An all round great experience and I hope this restaurant makes headway into the London dining scene.

One negative is the poor atmosphere I couldn't tell if it was purposely intense.

Emmet M, Manager at Ametsa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2016

Dear JIVITW,

Thank you for taking the time to write an amazing review on your experience in Ametsa.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

Fabulous set lunch at Ametsa. Great flavours and fun dishes. Loved the tapas starters and the mains. The mackerel was delicious. The desserts was funky and fun and we finished the whole lot with ease. The service was just perfect, very friendly but also professional. Would highly recommend this restaurant and would definitely return for another helping soon.

Date of visit: September 2016
Emmet M, Manager at Ametsa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2016

Dear Dr-AngelaC,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your recent visit to Ametsa. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your lunch with us.

Please do come back again very soon.

Reviewed 1 September 2016

Considering it is a one star Michelin, I was expecting way more from it.
The service was very slow, we waiting 30minutes just to get some water when arriving. The sommelier was not really good at recommending the wine. We had fish and it was undercooked and felt like it came from a freezer.
The presentation of the dish was lovely and the tapas/starters were great.
The venue is lovely, but I would not recommend it to someone else, especially when in London there are so many options that offer much better service/quality for a cheaper price.

Emmet M, Manager at Ametsa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2016

Dear Μέλισσα Α,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Ametsa. I was sorry to hear that your experience was less than satisfactory. Please do contact me at your convenience to discuss the elements of your meal in more detail.

Kind regards,

emmet.mcdonagh@comohotels.com
020 7333 1235

Reviewed 31 August 2016

We visited Ametsa with Arzak Instruction with a Groupon Voucher and it was excellent value. The set lunch menu was varied with great flavours and very attractive presentation. The service throughout the meal was excellent, overall we had a great meal.

1  Thank Jenny B
Emmet M, Manager at Ametsa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2016

Dear Jennybrooks193,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Ametsa. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

I wondered how I was going to be 'Instructed in Arzak' but it turns out the weird name is because the kitchen is under the direction of an executive chef with a Michelin star in Spain. The room is beautifully decorated with tubes of spices hanging from the ceiling. The food is not what you expect from Spanish fare at all, with cleverly deconstructed tapas and not a piece of chorizo in sight. I can highly recommend the 'Yellow Brick Road' for dessert. Definitely worth a visit.

Date of visit: May 2016
Emmet M, Manager at Ametsa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2016

Dear DrSarah62,

Thank you for writing a review on Ametsa. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the dessert.

We hope to see you again very soon.