“Outstanding Dining experience”

Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Description: Chef Patron Taylor Bonnyman, working in collaboration with Head Chef Marguerite Keogh, offer elegant and playful modern British cooking with an emphasis on native British artisanal produce. Having worked in some of the finest kitchens in London, New York, and Paris the kitchen brings together its influences to create contemporary, seasonally focused, and ingredient led dishes. The food balances luxurious indulgence with delightfully fresh simplicity.
Cheltenham, UK
“Outstanding Dining experience”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

The culinary experience here was everything you'd expect from a high quality fine dining restaurant; original, respectful to the ingredients and creative. Really excellent food.

The service was faultless; completely brilliant. Our waiter asked us about and dietary requirements when we sat down; I only eat fish in terms of meat and my friend was pregnant. From this they tailored the following dishes and amuse-bouches around these needs. They gave my friend very specific advice about the ingredients and their suitability with her being pregnant.

Having eaten in several Michelin starred restaurants, I can't imagine this fab little place will go long without earning one. Would definitely recommend for people who are passionate about food.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank greenster
TheFiveFields, General Manager at The Five Fields, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Greenster,

I'm so pleased you and your friend enjoyed your evening with us, so thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review.

We are always happy take dietary restrictions, allergies and special requirements into consideration for our guests, so I'm glad we were able to tailor your evening to suit.

I hope that we're able to welcome you back again soon.

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Well-done!”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

This was one of the best dining experiences I have had in London. Of course the enjoyment of a meal has much to do with the company you are with but I could have enjoyed this meal eating with my worst enemy.
The service was impeccable, the food delicious, beautifully presented with China that was clearly chosen to compliment the food. I opted to follow a vegan diet for a while and they catered for this beautifully. We chose the tasting menu that is well worth the money. The thought behind the concept is very holistic and focused on the area. Produce is fresh from “the farm”. A must for anyone who loves a good fine dining experience.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Noodletjie
Dear Noodletjie,

Thank you very much for your kind review and it was a pleasure to meet you and your colleagues. I've so pleased you all enjoyed your evening so much.

It is great to know you enjoyed your tasting menu- particularly as you don't regularly follow a vegan diet, but did on that occasion.

As you are only around the corner, I expect and look forward to welcoming you back in again very soon!

Lewes, United Kingdom
“***** stars”
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Great food and ambiance backed up by a very professional team, expansive sensible wine list, a real find!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Maxsamba
TheFiveFields, General Manager at The Five Fields, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear Maxsamba,

Thank you very much indeed for your kind review. Five stars is a wonderful compliment.

I'm very pleased you and your guests enjoyed your evening with us and found the tasting menu to your liking.

It is always a pleasure to have guests as positive and enthusiastic as yourselves, and I very much look forward to welcoming you back again.

london
“Please don't take yourself JUST so seriously”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Having read the ecstatic reviews, we went to Five Fields with probably too-high expectations.
I was slightly put off before we arrived.
On making the booking I asked for 8pm, only to be told quite imperiously "Eight O'clock is quite impossible. But we could do 7.45pm." Oh PLEASE. Get over yourself.
Having said that, we arrived - at 7.45pm. Four tables were empty and remained so until we left - so I don't know what that nonsense was about.
On the plus side, it is a lovely room, quite small, probably just about thirty covers.
Every table is a good table, as they are real private tables, where conversation is possible - not horrid "bench seating, a la Conran", which I can't stand. Private conversation just impossible.
These tables for two are spacious, welcoming and you do feel that you are with the other person.
The staff were charming and the service simply faultless. - but all just a bit too precious for me.
We had five amuse bouches of various nonsenses, including two burgers smaller than my finger nail. Yes, five. Un peu de trop, je pense. The amusement had gone.
The real food was alright, but not memorable. My dessert, supposedly a blood orange & something
Was two cubes of what looked like liquorice allsorts. Just too nouvelle pour moi.
As for the wine list - a glass of the house chardonnay is £18.
I want to be kind as the staff were charming without exception and the room quite delightful.
But I will not be returning. Not for me.
And you might find it as delightful as the reviewers before me.

• Visited March 2014
8 Thank daniel m
London, United Kingdom
“Lived up to expectations”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Top drawer service in a cozy environment with excellent food
Service can't be faulted and is very courteous
This is definitely a place for couples and a special occasion but not for a rowdy raucous business lunch
The restaurant has to be one of the smallest in London which has both advantages and disadvantages
Whatever you eat will be lovely and I d definitely return but need to save up first
As often with London restaurants now the food is keenly priced but you do get walloped on those aperitifs which usually means the booze bill is more than the grub but it's all part of the experience and when served so politely it's hard to argue.
My tip would be to have a bit of a pre lash.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Typhoon O
TheFiveFields, General Manager at The Five Fields, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Typhoon O,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I'm really pleased you enjoyed your evening with us.

The dining room is certainly an elegant and intimate space. We do, however, have a lovely private dining room on the first floor perfectly suited for both family and friends events or business - though not too sure about the raucous or rowdy!