“Elegant restaurant, wonderful dinner”
Review of The Five Fields

The Five Fields
Ranked #23 of 23,994 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$77 - US$112
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Description: Chef Patron Taylor Bonnyman, working in collaboration with Head Chef Marguerite Keogh, offer elegant and playful modern British cooking with an emphasis on native British artisanal produce. Having worked in some of the finest kitchens in London, New York, and Paris the kitchen brings together its influences to create contemporary, seasonally focused, and ingredient led dishes. The food balances luxurious indulgence with delightfully fresh simplicity.
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My husband, our 12 year old daughter and I were here for dinner in June.
We had an early reservation which was fine for us because then the dinner does´t
take 4 long hours. We were greeted very friendly at the door and then led to the very
nice restaurant. I liked the creme colors of the interior, every table is good and offers enough privacy. The atmosphere is relaxed even though you are in a gourmet restaurant. No snobby waiters, just waiters who are smiling and at the same time being very professional.
We had the 3 course menu which was perfect from A to Z. The bread, the many small amuse bouches and of course the dinner itself were delicious and perfect. I loved the unusual and beautiful presentation, each course looked like a photo from a magazine. Also the cocktails and wines were excellent. If you are staying in London you must for sure visit the Five Fields. I must also mention that the value is unbeatable!

1  Thank anit D
TheFiveFields, General Manager at The Five Fields, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear gdworld13,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review.

I'm so pleased you enjoyed your evening with us - from beginning to end, and found everything so much to your liking.

I hope that we will be able to welcome you and your family back again soon.

Matthew

Write a ReviewReviews (1,138)

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Or my review would be: GO! If it were two, they would be: ONION FOAM! My partner and I have the habit of going out to a great meal after visiting a place, and The Five Fields certainly met that, and more. This was easily one of the best dinners of my life. From the tremendous service to the creative touches (see two-word review), food that kept on coming, and willingness to accommodate my dietary needs (diabetes), we were ecstatic to have finished our London stay with a visit here. It is worth every penny...and you'll spend many!

5  Thank JMJimenez
TheFiveFields, General Manager at The Five Fields, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear JMJimenez,

Although TripAdvisor does allow one word replies, it would be too short a response to such a lovely review!

I'm so pleased you and your partner enjoyed your evening with us, and what high praise to be considered one of the best dinner of your life.

It was a pleasure help make your last night in London a memorable one, and I hope we'll be able to welcome you back again on your next visit.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

In the past month of May, me and my girlfriend went on a leisure trip to London. We couldn't let pass this restaurant. Wonderful, to put it in simple words. Really great food and ambiance. This restaurant will not let you down. I can only thanks the restaurant team for the wonderful experience they provided us with. We choose the 3 course menu, that was delicious. (I went for the pigeon and my girlfriend the lamb)

2  Thank mjccampos
TheFiveFields, General Manager at The Five Fields, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear MJCCampos,

Thank you very much for sharing a review of your evening with us, and I'm so pleased you found everything to your liking.

To be considered by someone as their best dining experience is certainly a wonderful compliment.

The Pigeon is a wonderful dish with beautiful English asparagus, peanut and beetroot - making wonderful use of the short but wonderful asparagus season.

The Lamb too takes advantage of some wonderful seasonal produce, having Jersey Royal potatoes, Wild Garlic and Calcot onions alongside some fantastic English Snails.

I hope we'll have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I'm a massive foodie and after watching this years run of Great British Menu I fancied going somewhere nice for my 30th Birthday. We decided to try out Five Fields but they were fully booked - however I received a call to state there had been a cancellation so we made sure we got our spaces reserved!

On entering the restaurant we were warmly welcomed and our coats were taken away and we were shown to our table. It's a small-ish place and very intimate - just what we wanted.

We opted for the 3 course a la carte, although be warned - with all the surprise goodies they bring you it turns into a 10 course meal - which was amazing!

They were aware it was my birthday and even had it all printed on the menu - a very nice personal touch.

I was torn between what to eat so asked the waiter for his recommendation and he was more than helpful to explain each dish that I asked about.

To cut a long story short the food is phenomenal. I went for the fois gras and the presentation (and taste) was incredible. My photos do not do it any justice - every dish was a work of art.

The little surprises they bought in between each course really added to the experience and you felt as if they wanted to please you.. really important in my eyes - never rushing us to eat.

Will definitely be going back.

Top class.

4  Thank suraj1

Dear Suraj,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review, and I'm so pleased we could be part of making such a special occasion so memorable and glad, for you, that we had the last minute cancellation in order to accommodate your table.

The Foie Gras is, in mind, a pretty special dish, so I'm glad the you also enjoyed it so much.

It was our pleasure to welcome you for your birthday, and I hope that we'll be able to have you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Selected this as the spot for my 50th birthday celebration with my two sisters. We selected the tasting menu. Every course was amazing. The wines were perfection. The service was impeccable. Could not have asked for a better experience for such a special occasion.

2  Thank MJR417
TheFiveFields, General Manager at The Five Fields, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear MJR417,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us, and indeed for choosing to celebrate such a momentous occasion at The Five Fields.

I'm so pleased you and your sisters enjoyed everything, and I very much hope we were able to make it a deservedly memorable evening.