“Perfection on a plate!”

Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Description: Chef Patron Taylor Bonnyman, working in collaboration with Head Chef Marguerite Keogh, offer elegant and playful modern British cooking with an emphasis on native British artisanal produce. Having worked in some of the finest kitchens in London, New York, and Paris the kitchen brings together its influences to create contemporary, seasonally focused, and ingredient led dishes. The food balances luxurious indulgence with delightfully fresh simplicity.
Reviewed 28 June 2014

After reading various reviews for Five Fields I decided to go for my birthday. My partner and I were so impressed. How lovely to walk into a restaurant where you immediately feel relaxed, The staff were amazing, attentive and knowledgeable nothing was too much trouble. The restaurant has a lovely ambiance - not too many tables and a good space between them. The food was incredible. We had the tasting menu and asked for it to be spaced out the timing for each course was perfect and the wine and food pairings were excellent. We really couldn't have asked for more. There is so much variety on the menu we were both actually torn for choice that we decided we would be back to try the a la carte or maybe even the wonderful tasting menu again! Would most certainly recommend it to everyone I know!

5  Thank Fizz100
TheFiveFields, General Manager at The Five Fields, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Fizz100,

What a wonderful compliment - "Perfection on a Plate!" Thank you very much for your delightful review, and for choosing to celebrate your boyfriends birthday with us.

I'm pleased you enjoyed your evening with us, that you found the welcome so warm and relaxing, and that the tasting menu with matching wines so wonderful. You certainly will have to return for the Prix Fixe menu, as there are some really fantastic dishes on for the Summer.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon, I hope.

Matthew

Write a ReviewReviews (1,138)

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Four of us had dinner here for my brother in law's 40th birthday. We're real foodies and the restaurant did not disappoint. Service was friendly and attentive, but not at all overly fussy or formal. The food really was wonderful - highlights include Rockpool, Veal Sweetbreads, Orkney Scallop ... to be honest, I could go on and on! I think you'd struggle to pick badly from this menu, the dishes are things of beauty with each ingredient clearly treated with respect and love in the kitchen.
If we had one slight niggle it would be that some of our main courses could have done with being a smidgen hotter when they arrived at the table.
Desserts were lovely and we really appreciated the personalised menus for the birthday boy and the lovely extra dessert for him (which was delicious!!). And one last thing to mention is that the kitchen send lots of amuse bouches, pre-desserts etc... (amazing what can be done with melon rind!! - all of which added much to our enjoyment of a fantastic evening.
A hearty recommend from us.

3  Thank Andricia

Dear Andricia,

Thank you very much indeed for your wonderful review, and I'm very pleased you and your friends enjoyed your Brother-in-law's birthday celebration with us.

The Rock Pool starter is, I think, a very special dish - served in three parts with so many wonderful and interesting flavours (sea urchin, ponzu pearls, teriyaki glazed smoked eel, English caviar, seaweed meringue, mackeral sashimi, tom yum gel, cucumber jelly, oyster tartar etc.!), as is the Veal Sweetbreads - a wonderfully Summery dish with green tomatoes, charred sweetcorn, smoked tomato, pickled watermelon and pig's trotter.

It's always wonderful and a great compliment to welcome in guests celebrating special occasions, so it's our pleasure do our best to spoil them a little bit.

I very much hope we're able to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

By far the best I have ever come across!! Recommend to everybody if your looking for some exciting food to taste!

1  Thank Samuel R
TheFiveFields, General Manager at The Five Fields, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Samuel R,

Thank you so much for your emphatic review. It really is a delight to read and hear that guests enjoy themselves so thoroughly with us.

To be considered to be the best restaurant you have come across is a real accolade and a compliment we genuinely take pride in.

I'm so pleased you enjoyed your evening with us, and I very much hope that we can welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I took my husband here for dinner on his birthday, and our experience was amazing from start to finish.

The food was just incredible. The service was wonderful, whilst at the same time friendly and not at all intimidating. The ambience and everything is just right.

I cannot recommend enough. Well done to everyone involved. We will be back.

2  Thank loulou410
TheFiveFields, General Manager at The Five Fields, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear LouLou410,

Thank you for the review of your evening with us, and for your compliments to the team. All feedback is most welcome, and delightful experiences such as yours you've shared make it all very worth while.

I'm so pleased you and your Husband enjoyed his celebratory dinner with us. It is a great compliment to be able to make such important occasions memorable.

I hope that we'll be able to welcome you both back again very soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Had dinner here last night lovely place staff are great ,food is absolutely amazing so many different taste sensations one that stood out was the' Garden' starter an absolute feast for the eyes and stomach.
Very reasonably priced for the quality ,sorry Petrus your my 2nd choice now !
Will be back very soon if I can get in as I expect you to be very busy
Many Thanks

3  Thank daveandcaj

Dear Dave and Caj,

Thank you so much for your wonderful words and compliments. I am so pleased you both enjoyed your evening with us. It is always a delight to have such enthusiastic guests and all the more assuring when they enjoy themselves as you did.

The dish "Garden" is in an absolutely glorious state with all the wonderful weather we've had and the true bounty of delights that we're getting from our Kitchen Garden really is perfectly evident with that dish, so I'm really pleased you enjoyed it so much.

And what a compliment to have taken your top spot for restaurants, particularly when overtaking such an iconic and well regarded restaurant as Petrus.

I very much look forward to welcoming you both back again soon.