“Sensational”

Ranked #17 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$71 - US$103
Cuisines: European, British, Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Description: Chef Patron Taylor Bonnyman, working in collaboration with Head Chef Marguerite Keogh, offer elegant and playful modern British cooking with an emphasis on native British artisanal produce. Having worked in some of the finest kitchens in London, New York, and Paris the kitchen brings together its influences to create contemporary, seasonally focused, and ingredient led dishes. The food balances luxurious indulgence with delightfully fresh simplicity.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Sensational”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Without a doublet the best new restaurant in London on a par with Ramsey Royal Hospital Road, deserving of at least two Michelin stars. Everything from the ambiance, the service and most importantly the food were of the highest standard. We were a table of four sampling many different dishes. All were sensational. Not to be missed.

2 Thank Zimarkus
TheFiveFields, General Manager at The Five Fields, responded to this review, 17 September 2014
Dear Zimarkus,

Thank you so much for your effusive comments. I'm so pleased you and your guests enjoyed everything - ambiance, service and food. Sensational is a great description and to be compared to another well established and well regarded restaurant is a great compliment.

I hope we'll have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Had a great meal”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This was one of the best restaurants I've been to, very enjoyable and would definitely return, loved every minute of it!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Terry L
TheFiveFields, General Manager at The Five Fields, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear Terry,

Thank you very much for your delightful and concise review. I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed your evening with us, and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Beijing, China
“Can it be better?”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

When we were leaving I've asked the manager: Do you have two Michelin stars? And was surprised to learn they still have no single star, because have been opened for less than a year. Where to start?
Interesting, eclectic but not overly simple design, very professional service, delicious amuse bouche, the dishes were the pieces of art! And nothing in this world yet could be compared to the golden beetroot desert! The goat cheese foam and celery sorbet are masterpieces. It's so far one of the best restaurants in the world I've been too. The only thing I wished? I wish I had discovered it earlier!!

4 Thank Yeliel
Dear Yeliel,

Thank you for your review, and I'm so pleased you enjoyed your evening with us so much.

We opened in May 2013, and have since had some wonderful feedback from guests as well as fantastic reviews and great accolades. We are still relatively young though and look forward to even more of the same.

The Beetroot Parfait, with white chocolate and goats cheese ice cream, apple & celery granita and yoghurt foam is, in my opinion, a real delight and hugely creative dessert, so I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it as well.

I'm so glad you've come across us and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

“An Amazing Meal”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Reading all the positive reviews about the Five Fields, I decided I had to give it a try, and after being lucky enough to get an 8:45 reservation, I can definitely say the restaurant truly is excellent.

Everything went as smooth as clockwork at the restaurant, upon entering you're asked whether you want your coat stowed away, and then, after being showed your table and sat down, you're asked whether you would like to begin with an aperitif of some kind. The Five Fields has an extensive list of wines, aperitifs and cocktails, which would be more than enough for anyone.

We ended up starting with a cocktail and port, and then continued to sharing a bottle of Rose, all the drinks were excellent and the exact same description would be appropriate for the food.

What I initially thought was only three courses ended up being a lot more, with different small snacks/canapes to try throughout the meal and a choice of bread to accompany, with some of the best butter I think I've ever had.

The Five Fields would get 6 stars in my book - One of the best meals I've ever had.

1 Thank Sebi A
Dear Sebi,

Thank you so much for sharing your review of your evening with us.

If I recall correctly you began with glass of Moscatel Emilin and a Bloody Bridge cocktail, and I'm pleased you enjoyed them as well as the food and service.

The butter you so enjoyed is churned for us by the Ludlow Food Centre in Shropshire, and really is a great complement to our selection of homemade bread - so pleased you enjoyed it so much.

I hope that we're able to welcome you back again soon.

London, United Kingdom
“Fun!”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We are about to move away from London and had a 5 year anniversary to celebrate, so we decided to have dinner at the Five Fields after noticing it on Tripadvisor as Nr.1 in London. After checking out the website, we were convinced to visit due to the sourcing of local and seasonal ingredients from their own kitchen gardens.

We are so happy we have experienced this - what a lovely evening we had! The service is impeccable, friendly and not too stiff (though pretty formal), the setting of the dining room is cosy but allows privacy on individual tables, the food was stunning - both in presentation and in taste! We went for the 3 course menu, which actually turned into 6 courses after amuse-bouche, brilliant green gazpacho, bread and a delicious pre-dessert! Amazing value for money, portions definitely large enough to be full at the end of the meal and such thoughtfulness in how ingredients were prepared and put together.

The wine that was recommended was also perfect for the meal and for our needs!

We had a really fun, delicious time and are so glad we went before leaving London. Much much better than more expensive (and starred) restaurants we've been to!

2 Thank 2_Unlimited
Dear 2_Unlimited,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave the review of your evening, and I'm so pleased we could be part of your celebratory evening.

We have, indeed, put a lot of effort into sourcing some wonderful ingredients with great provenance to include our own garden where we grow all the edible flowers, a huge variety of herbs and the majority of our vegetables.

I'm glad to hear, too, that we were able to find a perfect wine to match your evening.

It is shame that you're leaving London, but I hope that we might be able to welcome you back for a visit in the future.