“Good food for good price”

Melissa Patisserie & Confectionery
Ranked #60 of 278 Bakeries in London
Neighbourhood: Camden
Neighbourhood: Camden
Aveiro, Portugal
“Good food for good price”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I bought food there a couple of times and I loved it! Fresh and delicious food and fast service, I would recommend it

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank monica g

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Good food but cramped interior”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Having heard about this new-ish café from a friend, I gave it a try for a late lunch. It has a fantastic window display of baked goods and I'm told it matches the price of cheap baker a couple of doors down.
You order and pay at the counter before sitting down if you want to eat-in. Ordering was a bit tricky as it took three attempts before the server understood that I wanted to eat-in. Once that was over I took a seat inside at one of their quirky log tables, cut from sections of tree trunks. Also these look interesting it quickly became obvious that they're not very comfortable to use and I also wondered about how hygienic it is to have surface that don't wipe clean easily.
The food and coffee arrived on a wooden plate and in a mug. These tasted great, so no problems there.
Again the wooden platter is a concern as I wonder how hygienic these are. Also there are no toilets, so nowhere t wash your hands and so on. Overall I'd say this place seems great for takeout but for comfort I'd try somewhere else for a longer sit-down.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank SRfirehorseart
“Horrible service , stay away from this place !”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I've had a very bad experience due to service in this place .
At first I thought it was just a one off case , however it seemed to repeat itself every single time I walked in.

Pret/M&S have better quality pastries,fresh salads , and to top it off ,it is served with a smile , what a better way to start the morning .
Never go back to Melissa!!!

• Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great Handmade Quality, Amazing Value”
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Great little place,... clean, quaint, comfortable, and friendly staff.

The pizzas were great, artisan-like quality and very tasty... I'd say about 6 inch diameter, on something resembling a soft delicious pretzel bread and an absolute steal at £1.80!

They've introduced amazing fresh handmade sandwiches for a steal of £2.

Several varieties of soft pretzels, were fantastic too. I'm working my way through all the other fare here... traditional things like sausage rolls, to chicken/bacon 'pies/pasties', and they have lots of nice looking pastries. They had a variety of on the spot made fruit/vegetable juices, and assume they still have it available.

• Visited February 2013