“Excellent food”

The Brasserie at The Cumberland
Reserve with OpenTable
The Brasserie at The Cumberland is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,340 of 22,674 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Marylebone
Farnborough
“Excellent food”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

No point in looking for anywhere else to eat, the service from the staff could not be faulted.
We can recommend the ham hock terrine for starters

Visited February 2014

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food and Service- Hidden Gem of Marble Arch”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

My partner and I wandered into the Cumberland after glancing the Brasserie's menu. We took a seat at the bar while we waited and started reading through the reviews.... to say we were put off was an understatement! But since we were already waiting we figured we would test the food for ourselves and I am so happy that we did.

First off, the service was well timed, we were attended to in a very efficient (if not overly friendly manner but i find this to be the case in most London restaurants). The only lapse in this was when our waitress was pulled from our section to the bar area as this had become quite busy and we were left to wait 30 minutes for our dessert to arrive (hence 4 stars).

The food itself was excellent. We were offered fresh bread on seating which was still warm from the oven. The starters were well prepared. I had calamari which can sometimes feel like you are chewing through rubber but this was tender and juicy- definitely using fresh produce. The mains were also delicious with the beef stew that i ordered being full of flavor and so soft that i could eat it with just a spoon. even the desserts were lovely. All the food was beautifully presented!

The setting is relaxed and quiet so not ideal if your getting ready for a rowdy night out but perfect for a personal, romantic meal.

I would definitely recommend that you try this restaurant for yourself and don't believe the negative comments of other people. I am glad that we did.

London, United Kingdom
“Dreadful experience”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I went with 2 friends to the Brasserie and was initially impressed by the layout of the restaurant but from the moment we were served by the waitress things went rapidly downhill. From a limited menu with 3 starters and 3 main courses, 2 of the mains were pasta which demonstrated the lack of imagination of the chef and kitchen. The food was horrific and despite all of us leaving food on our plates without touching it, there was no acknowledgment by the clearly deluded staff. I also had a chocolate pudding which was actually a mini muffin. We paid the bill and were accosted twice by different staff of accusing for not paying the bill despite our credit card receipt in our hands. I can only describe this experience as simply one of the worst ever and do not go if you want any customer service or food standards. Avoid at all costs.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Great Grub at The Cumberland”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I have eaten in The Brasserie at The Cumberland on a number of occasions when staying at the hotel. I find the service to be appropriately attentive and the atmosphere (despite my visits always being early in the week) to be just busy enough. The food is of great quality and I highly recommend the All Day Breakfast starter and Calves liver for main. Price wise, it is not too bad for a Central London hotel restaurant - I'd say around £60 for 3 courses with wine.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Afternoon Tea”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I got an offer of half price afternoon tea, and have to say if I had paid full price I would have made a complaint and have asked for a refund

The hotel is now very modern, and its like being at heathrow, very efficient, and we were shown to our table quickly, the staff were very friendly and pleasant, and the Food arrived promptly, Although we were offered more to drink while we were there, I wasnt impressed by the amount of food.

The quality was excellent I have to say, the scones and cakes wonderful, the finger sandwiches though are another story, small would be ok if there were enough of them, but alas there were only 4 small ones each,

Having had afternoon tea at various other hotels I found not being able to have more sandwiches very disappointing, this may have been due to us booking a time right at the end of the afternoon serving, but even so I had hoped for better than this

• Visited December 2013