“Lovely Pub in good location”
Review of Elephants Head

Elephants Head
Ranked #2,277 of 22,659 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Camden
Israel
“Lovely Pub in good location”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We visited Camden Market and at lunchtime, we had a very tasty lunch in this pub.
Good Australian beer, nice glass of wine.
The location is just opposite the market.
Very nice decoration. Friendly staff.
Go for it if you are in the area.

• Visited May 2014

• Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Avoid!!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I visited Elephant's Headwith four friends on a Saturday afternoon a couple of weeks ago. When we ordered food and coffees at the bar, I mentioned that we only had a limited time in Camden, and would there be a long wait. I w told that we would be served within ten minutes. 30 minutes later I asked the only waitress I could see, who seemed to be moving slower than a snails pace. "Your food will be here shortly" I was told rather abruptly.

When the food actually did arrive, only four of the five meals were served (they'd forgotten one of my friend's order, so she had to go without as we didn't have another 30 minutes to wait). Two if us had the "poached eggs on toasted bloomer bread". When I ordered this at the bar I was asked if I wanted brown bread, which I chose. However, the dish served to us was two slices of the cheapest square loaf.....white, untoasted and thick with butter. Absolutely vile and not at all what I had ordered.

Needless to say we will never be back to this place. When an establishment can't deliver on service, or quality of food, the management should be deeply ashamed.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank arranem
SUSSEX ENLAND U.K.
“A Terrible pub with poor service”
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

I visited this pub today with a friend. It is an old pub set in a nice location alongside Camden Market and beside Camden lock. I asked the lady who served me if she could reccomend a good beer. She did not seem interestrd. I ordered two portions of fish and chips and with two beers was charged £29. 90. The fish was straight from a catering pack and was not deep fried. This pub is very expensive and offers exceptionally bad service. There are lots of pubs in Camden Town and I would suggest that this is one to avoid! Opposite is a traditional English" Chippie " that sells fish and chips at a fraction of the cost!

1 Thank Tmead1
California Hot Springs, California
“fun british pub”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

it gets super busy because of its location at the Camden market, but the drinks are good, and the pub is an awesome building.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank kyra_10
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Nice Breakfast”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Nipped in the Elephants Head for a full English breakfast after a heavy night out. Was greeted by staff just as we walked in. Managed to get a nice table in the corner of the pub. Ordered food quickly, and a basket of toast came out within 5 mins. Breakfast followed 5 mins later.

Was a very nice breakfast, priced very reasonably for London (£7.75 if I remember correctly). Sorted out my sore head!

Didn't award 5 stars as the seating is rather limited (we appeared lucky to get a table) and the decor is quite basic (but I suppose the basic look gives it that rustic feel!)

Overall would recommend.