“When Your Custom is not Welcomed”
Review of Elephants Head

Elephants Head
Ranked #2,244 of 23,015 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Camden
Essex
“When Your Custom is not Welcomed”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I am not really in a position to review the food or drink in this pub as we never got that far. If your sitting comfortably I'll begin. Having looked at the lunch menu outside and the same menu on a blackboard inside we moved to the bar to make our order.There were only three groups or people in the pub and the barmaid was talking to another women (a total of seven customers). Having finished her conversation she came to take our order. On being asked for two plates of chilli,the barmaid looked along the far end of the pub and then at her watch. It appeared that she wanted to say that it was the wrong time for lunch to be served but its a difficult arguement to make at 12.35. Having looked along the bar again she came back with. You have to have got a table first and bring the number before ordering. Looking around at the empty tables all around I could have said 18, 22 or any of a dozen empty tables whose numbers were visible from where we were standing. Interestingly the only tables I could see with seats with backs were those used. My excuse that there were only tables with low stools left was met with a hearty welcome that we move on. So we did and the £30 plus that we would have spent was spent elsewhere.

Visited June 2014

• Polish first
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Just for drinks”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Stopped here for a drink during the day fella behind the bar was polite and helpful the whole bar area seemed clean but a bit messy

Visited June 2014
Warrington, United Kingdom
“absolutely filthy”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We have been here a few times and more often than not, will call for a drink at least after going to the market. I have'nt been for over a year but saw a massive change. To the point where I decided against orering food as it was so dirty. the floor needed a really good clean, tables and counters were sticky with lots of fruit flies around, there was a vase of flowers on the bar counter with green water (and I presume stapphyloccocus). We had several attempts ot get a clean glass, in the end I opted for a bottle of something (with the cleanest glass they could find) as I didnt trust their hygiene. This was further supported by the beer we ordered for my partner which was 'disgusting'. The toilets had not been attended to for some time and then seeing the staff collecting glasses and so forth you would not want them to serve food. The girl who served me had lots of dirt under her nails and biro written all over the backs of her hands. I will not be back

1 Thank Dawn V
Israel
“Lovely Pub in good location”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We visited Camden Market and at lunchtime, we had a very tasty lunch in this pub.
Good Australian beer, nice glass of wine.
The location is just opposite the market.
Very nice decoration. Friendly staff.
Go for it if you are in the area.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Avoid!!”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I visited Elephant's Headwith four friends on a Saturday afternoon a couple of weeks ago. When we ordered food and coffees at the bar, I mentioned that we only had a limited time in Camden, and would there be a long wait. I w told that we would be served within ten minutes. 30 minutes later I asked the only waitress I could see, who seemed to be moving slower than a snails pace. "Your food will be here shortly" I was told rather abruptly.

When the food actually did arrive, only four of the five meals were served (they'd forgotten one of my friend's order, so she had to go without as we didn't have another 30 minutes to wait). Two if us had the "poached eggs on toasted bloomer bread". When I ordered this at the bar I was asked if I wanted brown bread, which I chose. However, the dish served to us was two slices of the cheapest square loaf.....white, untoasted and thick with butter. Absolutely vile and not at all what I had ordered.

Needless to say we will never be back to this place. When an establishment can't deliver on service, or quality of food, the management should be deeply ashamed.

1 Thank arranem