“Great stay here”

Ranked #533 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Scotland
“Great stay here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

We arrived in London at around 9am and went straight to the hotel to drop our bags off to allow us to get out and about. The staff were very helpful and tagged our baggage up, gave us the receipts and said we could come back anytime after 1 and our room would be ready. When we did get back a member of staff carried out bags up to our room on the first floor. I hadn't been expecting anything too great but was absolutly delighted with the room we had been allocated when we saw it. It was huge! We had booked a twin room and were given a front facing one, with a massive double bed and a good sized single. We also had a leather sofa, a coffee table, a dining table, wardrope and dressing table, even with all this, there was so much floor space. Best of all we had a balcony with two sets of doors. The ensuite was lovely but could've benefited from being slightly bigger.

The location of the hotel was also ideal, within 5 minutes walk from two tube stations and a one minute walk to Kensington Palace Gardens and Hyde Park. Again, on the day we were checking out we were able to leave our luggage until we were ready to catch our flight home.

Overall, we loved our stay here. We payed around £230 for a two night stay and thought this was really good value for London in the summer. The free wi-fi was also an added bonus!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Leeds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

Whilst checking into the hotel, nobody clarified whether breakfast was included and so assuming breakfast was part of the bargain - I had breakfast for 1-4 days until one day the manager took me aside and asked whether I knew I had to pay for it or not. I explained that I wasn't aware that it was not part of my reservation (as this had all been previously booked by somebody else). The manger TOLD me that two of her colleagues explained this to me.This never happened and I explained this to her. Instead of looking into this situation in a professional way, the manager called me a liar, raised her voice at me in front of other customers and then proceeded to ignore me. I tried to explain again that I never had been told that breakfast wasn't include and she laugh at me calling me a liar. In the end I finished paying for this breakfast as I didn't want to argue over something that she would never believe me. she never apology to me about this horrible situation, and calling me a liar. Overall, Hotel was ok but customer service was TERRIBLE!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
10 Thank florguarra

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Brussels, Belgium
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

I went to this hotel pretty confident in regards to the comments on Tripadvisor, but we have been extremely disppointed. We paid £380 for 2 nights which is not cheap at all, so Im surprised that people are referring to this place as being good value for money.
-- First night at the hotel, we were surprised that there was no mini-bar in the room, but they thought a flat screen TV in a tiny room was more important..
-- In the morning we made sure before leaving that no sign of "do not disturb" was in the dorr as we wanted new towels and our room to be cleaned.
At our HUGE surprise and shock, when we came back... The sign was put there. We thought we should indeed report it to the receptionist. His answer : "its certainly a joke from clients".
We asked him What kind of joke would it be if it was from clients???
He simply replied that it is impossible that the cleaning lady did it. Instead of apologising and promising to clarify this with his staff he was in a total denial which is very scary.
-- The same evening, we come back to the room, I lay down in my bed (in exactly the same place where I had a short nap in the afternoon); I was shocked to find a card that was not there before, it has no logo of the hotel. We went to the receptionnist of the night who confirmed that it was a master pass and indeed it opened our door when we tested it.
SO: if the un-cleaning-lady put a sign in the morning to not bother herself to clean, how come we found an employee pass in my bed that was not there in the afternoon? We insisted to call their boss and escalate, They pretended to call 'Mister Ali' but they gave up to call him at the end as it's the week-end and that if we are not missing anything there is no problem. Do they think they have the right to step in clients rooms without their permissions and with no reason??
We have been so shocked by the amateurism of those people and their total lack of honesty that i still find it hard to explain my feelings towards this hotel. NEVER AGAIN!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
10 Thank Bluemarley7
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

PLACE
Location is wonderful:
- if you arive to Heathrow, just take the express train to Paddington (£20 one way and £34 return ticket). Hotel is literally 10 mins walking;
- Hyde Park is few minutes away by walk from the hotel;
- couple of tube stations including circle line are within 10-15 minutes by walk;
- Queensway street (5 mins walking) provides a long row of souvenirs shops, cheap restaurants, few original pubs and some other shops.

FOOD
Late night dinner until 11 pm is available at the restaurant of the Blackmore Hotel nearby (150 m on the same street towards Hyde Park). Usually kitchen in the pubs/restaurants is closed at 10 pm shart and from 9.45 you can just order fish and chips or some basics.

Room is simple yet quiet and clean. Bed is good, table, tea/coffee few power sockets are available in the room.
Water tap is mixed not separate hot and cold which is a UK usual.
Stuff is friendly and helpful, reception is open 24/7.
Power adaptor can be obtained at the reception.

DISLIKE
Breakfast is really very very simple, you'd rather want to get it elsewhere.
No elevator. Also mind steep narrow steps up in case you get a high floor and bring lots of luggage.
No air conditioning, use windows ;-)

I have stayed for two nights and will probably stay again.

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank traveller_RU
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

A beautiful hotel, so much character and in a great central location. We could not ask for more. The staff were all friendly and accommodating, just being around them made the stay all the more wonderful! Not having a lift was a small and only downfall however it was good exercise! Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Steph W
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights at this hotel. We had a triple room which was in the basement, the room was decorated lovely and was bright and clean. The downside was it was right below the reception and as I'm a light sleeper i struggled but this didn't deter my husband or daughter from sleeping. We didn't take breakfast so can't comment on that. 5 minute walk from underground into central London, plenty of places to eat and drink though on Bayswater High Street. Would definatley use this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013
Chester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

I stayed in that hotel for 7 days and was very satisfied with everything. The not too small rooms were newly renovated and so very clean. My room was on the 4th floor. The stairs were good exercise, but worth it as the room was bright. The shower was very good and I also liked the style of the room decoration. I didnt have breakfast to I cannot comment on this.
The staff were friendly and flexible.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo