“If you only visit one Musical this year ....”

The Book of Mormon London
The Book of Mormon Theater Show in London
Ranked #9 of 344 Concerts & Shows in London
Cranleigh, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“If you only visit one Musical this year ....”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I first saw the Book of Mormon over two years ago, when it opened in New York - it was very funny then, and has much improved for the UK version. The actors / singers are brilliant ... amazing even ... If you can only get to one show this year - make it The Book of Mormon ( perhaps don't take your Granny or anyone who's easily offended - although having said that .. I would quite happily take my 14 year old)

Visited July 2014

• Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Really great, though not amazing..”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I have to say that, because of all the hype around it and amazing reviews, I expected to be in stitches the entire night, but, while there were those kinds of moments as well, I think I was more pleasantly amused the entire time. Great quality cast though, amazing singing, great story and lyrics. They do this lottery thing though where at 5pm you go and put in your name and number of tickets you'd like (I think 2 is the max), and half an hour later they draw about 20 tickets' worth. Those that get drawn can then buy those tickets for only 20 pounds each, and you get front-row seats, which is a little too close, but amazing for so cheap. I managed to get those tickets the first time I went, but, while I feel like I could go see something like the War Horse again and again and would be prepared to pay a lot more money for it, knowing what the BoM is like now, I probably wouldn't pay any more for it than I did.

Visited November 2013
Stubbington, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“The best in town!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This is the best Musical we've seen ever. We rated it 9.5/10 half point lost for uncomfortable seat. We laughed, were shocked and it was overall a delight. Heads and shoulders above the rest.

Visited April 2014
Fremont, CA
162 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 152 helpful votes
“Don't be offended”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

But you'll laugh & laugh, despite the political incorrectness of it all. Done in American English so you won't have a problem getting the jokes.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank TrnrMom
Bucharest, Romania
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Amazing energy, super music & dance, dialogue maybe too much for us”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Saw all the reviews and attend the show in late June. We've been amazed by energy coming from the scene.
Still, the subject and approach of "God theme" were not easy to accomodate for us.
Go and see, it's for sure different to the great classic music halls we know.

Visited June 2014