“Excellent but no parking or waiting for taxis”

Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel
Ranked #197 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Leeds
“Excellent but no parking or waiting for taxis”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I stayed in this hotel in November, in a room in the old hospital wing with good view. Everything was excellent and pretty much a carbon copy of most modern Premier Inns. Friendly receptionists. Very handy for Waterloo station. However there is no parking or concourse, and double red lines on the road outside making taxi / cab pick-ups / drop-offs tricky.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Battymatty
RachelMcKeeman, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Thank you for staying with us and I am pleased you had an excellent stay. London Black Cabs are permitted to stop outside the hotel for pick-up and drop-offs and the taxi company ordinarily used by the hotel have a pick-up and drop-off point on the corner of the building; I'm sorry if this wasn't made clear to you during your stay. When you next visit please feel free to ask a Team Member for further details and we're always happy to help flag or book a taxi for our guests.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (528)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
HUNGARY
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I booked two family rooms as I stayed for an extended weekend (2 adults/3children. Overall, would say they deliver a very good package for the location. In summary:

Positives
1) Location. Very close to London Eye, etc. Also 5-10mins from mainline tube stations.
2) Easy check-in and check-out. Attentive, polite service.
3) Rooms adequate, and reasonable size for London. Everything clean, all basics provided.
4) Shower strength good, plenty of hot water. Didn't experience any issues during the visit.
5) Breakfast outstanding value. Good selection, but with children eating free, it provided really great value. It was always busy but we didn't have problems finding seating.
6) With doing an early, non-refundable booking, room rate was very good for this location (approx 100 GBP per night, per family room).

Negatives
1) We requested connecting rooms with having children. Called a few days in advance, and on arriving early, repeated the request. We were told this could be accomodated and with being early, while we couldn't check-in, it would be "reserved" in the system. On checking-in later, this had been "lost" and they had been assigned to others. In fairness to Premier Inn, they didn't debate the mistake and turned this negative into a positive with their attitude. Very professional, provided a refund for the first night. Certainly took away any "tension" from the situation.
2) One of the rooms had some issues with the air conditioning. It was very warm/dry. You cannot open the windows in the rooms, so rely on this working to circulate air and keep the room cool. It made it very hard to sleep effectively. I didn't make a big deal of it as they had been so respectful with the initial issue. But it certainly made one of the rooms uncomfortable for sleeping.

Overall excellent value (& customer service) and would certainly use them again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking time to write a review and I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay but of course it's a shame that your stay was almost perfect. I'm sorry that your room allocation had been changed however it was positive to read that our Team dealt with this in a positive way. I'm unsure if your review meant the air conditioning settings were different in both rooms and should you have time to clarify this for me please do get in touch as I would be keen to look into this to avoid any future issues. I hope you will return to visit in the near future and I look forward to welcoming you back. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
great britain
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I recently Had a week in London, I spent the last 2 nights of the trip in this Premier Inn with my sister in a twin room. Being quite familiar with Premier Inns now, I went feeling secure that our stay would go ok, but a little unsure if would get much sleep given the so central location.

Everything went well from start to end. On arriving, we was greeted by a very helpful young man (can't remember his name) who put our luggage in store room for us as we was early. He made sure that we had the right hotel and not county hall Premier Inn which was re-assuring. If this should happen to anybody reading this, the two hotels are very close together.

This same young man was equally very polite and helpful with checking inn process using the self check in machine. We was hopeful to get a high floor with a good view. We was meant to had been on the 4th floor, but after expressing our wishes, he went out of his way to look at other rooms on higher floors available for us. He found us one. We ended up in room 1201. The view was perfect. It was such a pleasure to sit on the end of my bed and look out the window at night and in the morning, to see big bed, the top of parliament and the abbey. Especially at night when was lit up.

The room was fine, clean and well maintained. This is not a complaint, but did find storage space not quite as good as other premier Inn twin rooms but this did not become a problem as was only here 2 nights.

The noise could be heard from the traffic but not that loudly so It presented no issues with sleeping.

Breakfast was as expected for a premier Inn. The staff in the dining room was as equally polite and helpful as those on reception.

The location for this hotel is very good. It's a short walk from Waterloo and Westminster Tube stations. Also can access many sight seeing areas on foot. The places that are nearest to the hotel include, Florence Nightingale Museum, The eye, Thames River Boat Cruises, Big Ben, Parliament, Westminster Abbey, The Churchill War Rooms, St James Park.

I would like to add, along York Road there are many cafes and shops.

Would I stay here again, given the opportunity. In the many times I've been London, this has been the most central I have stayed in a Premier Inn, Which I enjoyed far more than the nearby Park Plaza! Although it costs more than a not so central Premier Inn, the location and such great service definitely makes it worth the money. So yes I would.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank maxbill
RachelMcKeeman, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
It was an absolute pleasure reading your review and I'm sure our future guests will also find your commentary helpful too. I am thrilled that you both had a brilliant stay and found our Team Members to really go the extra mile to ensure you had a room to suit your needs. We are of course perfectly located and although there is a road in front of the hotel, we've minimised disruption by adding triple glazing in some of our lower rooms too. I really hope you will have the opportunity to visit us again and please get in touch if you have any questions or requests before your next stay. I hope you had a pleasant onward journey and I look forward to welcoming you back soon. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
Newcastle
Reviewed 11 December 2013

This is a very clean modern hotel with excellent staff, well priced and in a excellent location. Modern and comfortable restaurant / bar, the food is of a very good standard and reasonably priced. Well worth staying there when visiting that part of London

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your brilliant review and for recommending us; I am delighted you had a great stay. I hope you will get the opportunity to return in the near future and if there is anything I can personally help with please feel free to get in touch. I hope you had a pleasant onward journey and I look forward to welcoming you back soon. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
Stezzano, Lombardia, Italy
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Just back for a 3 nights stay in this hotel.....perfect! Rooms are rather small but clean and comfortable, I was in 1302 with a fantastic view of the Eye and the Big Ben, beds are comfortable and clean
Breakfast is very good (may I suggest you to include Nutella? I had to buy it for my children as they can't without it at breakfast, but this is minor point right?)
Location is simply perfect, you can easily walk to most of the main attractions; lots of buses (12 and 453 to Piccadilly, Regent and Oxford street, others to Victoria and Hyde Park, RV1 to Tower Hill or Covent Garden), two underground stations (Waterloo and Westminster) very close to the hotel, lots of restaurants and facilities nearby....what else could you ask for? Absolutely nothing. A special thanks to the great and attentive staff, all are superb! We'll be back again....Thank you P.I.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on top floors with great view
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Cristina V
Paul_Hunter_PI, Food and Beverage Manager at Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Thank you for your 5 star review.

Its always great for me personally to read such lovely reviews. I'm pleased that you found our hotel suitable for your needs with our great location, excellent views and superb staff.

If you are returning in the future be sure to email ahead and we can try to reserve your room for you (1302).

Thanks again and have a fantastic festive period.

Paul (f&b.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
Norwich, England
Reviewed 9 December 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a fantastic two night stay in this hotel. We were lucky enough to be allocated a room on one of the higher floors which had great views across London. The staff were extremely helpful (especially Jack on reception who seemed to make time to try to help everyone, and Morgan in the restaurant who was very chatty and friendly) We ate at the hotel's restaurant on both nights - we had planned to eat out on the second night, but after a really nice meal and good service on the first night, we thought there was no reason to venture out in the cold in search of food, so we ate in again and were not disappointed. Rooms were spotlessly clean - maybe not as big as some Premier Inns we have stayed in, but that was not a problem to us as we just wanted a base to explore London. The baggage leaving facility was a really useful bonus, as we were not leaving for home until later in the day and didn't have to drag our bags around with us all day. No complaints at all about this hotel....we will definitely return!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
RachelMcKeeman, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review, it is always a delight to read wonderful comments about our Team Members who deliver exceptional service and I'm sure they will both be delighted to read their personal mentions. The Team in our Restaurant do a fantastic job serving our guests and it was lovely to read that you dined with us a second night because of the service you received. I hope you had a pleasant journey home and I look forward to welcoming you back really soon. If you have any questions or requests before your next stay feel free to get in touch with me and thanks again for your glowing review. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Having stayed at premier inns before i had high expectations. In a great location in center of London. Having booked in we found we were on 11th floor. My partner is terrified of lifts but as we were so high up we had to use them. Our mistake for not requesting lower floor but will come back to this.
When we got in our room we had a brilliant view of the shard and canary wharf and thought it would be a top stay. No chance.
The air con kept changing temperature automatically. It was always too hot or too cold.
When we got on the bed we found it was 2 single beds pushed together. Not very intimate and very uncomfortable. A good nights sleep we did not have.
When we went to the bar I had a pint of lager. This just tasted wrong. Didn't even taste like lager.
Then to top off the stay my partner went in the lift which broke down. There was no aid to come to her when she pressed the alarm button. As stated she is terrified of lifts and to get no help when needed was disgusting.
Needless to say we did not stay for our second night we had booked.
Not up to usual Premier inn standards

Room Tip: don't stay there
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank paul y
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel, responded to this review, 11 December 2013