“Good stay - small niggles”

Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel
Ranked #205 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 29 December 2013

This is the second time that I have stayed at this Premier Inn.

Upon arrival we were welcomed by a member of the friendly reception team with whom we stored our bags with until we could check-in later in the day. Returned to the hotel to check-in and were greeted by another friendly team member who took the time to have a conversation about our home county (Dorset). Rachel had managed to reserve us room 1402 again - a lovely room with views of the skyline of London.

Room was clean, tidy and everything you'd expect from a twin room at Premier Inn (having stayed in this exact room before we knew what we were getting).

There were a couple of issues with the room. The main light in the bathroom was not working - we reported this to reception on our way out however this was not fixed during our stay. It was still possible to see using the LED lighting above the sink, but it wasn't ideal. The other issue was the temperature of the room during the night, combined with winter duvets - both my friend and I woke up on numerous occasions during the night which disturbed our good nights' sleep.

Had breakfast at the hotel restaurant - again, exactly what you'd expect from Premier Inn.

There was good service and friendly atmosphere throughout our stay and I'm sure that we'll stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
RachelMcKeeman, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you for taking time to write a review and I am pleased that you had a good stay with us and I will most certainly ensure the light fitting has since been changed; unfortunately it wasn't a bulb issue, the full light fitting needed replaced but I am sorry this was not communicated to you. We do have air conditioning and our Team Members are always more than happy to help our guests find the perfect setting. It was great to read that our Team Members really made you feel welcome and I'm sure this was one of the reasons you returned. I hope you'll be back for a third visit and that you had a pleasant onward journey. Feel free to get in touch if I can help with anything before your next stay and I look forward to welcoming you back soon. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)

Write a ReviewReviews (3,446)

Reviewed 29 December 2013

My first time in a Premier Inn Hotel and what a wonderful experience from start to finish. After an hour of trying to find overnight parking, my partner and I were frazzled. We were given a warm welcome and a wonderful spotlessly clean room on the 10th floor. The bed was so comfortable with extra pillows and there was a great shower. The breakfast buffet was so well organised by the manager and his staff, tables cleaned and laid up and food was cooked to perfection.
I have to say well done to all the hard working staff that make it all possible.

1  Thank fluffyduck51

It was a delight reading your review and I am thrilled that our friendly Team made your stay such a wonderful experience. Our Team do a fantastic job and I am hugely proud that they give warm welcomes, ensure our rooms are spotlessly clean and that they give diners a brilliant experience in our Thyme Restaurant. I hope you will come back to visit us again soon and feel free to get in touch with me if you have any requests or questions before your next stay. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Our second stay at this almost brand new hotel. Staff absolutely lovely -we stayed at Christmas and they made it so special. Reception gave us a fabulous room on 14th floor with great views. Just brill!

1  Thank ShireladBristol

There are two things that make any hotelier proud, reading that our guests had a brilliant stay and more so that our Team really made the difference in making your stay so memorable. Thank you for writing a review and it is fantastic that you had a special Christmas stay with us. I hope you will be back to visit soon and please get in touch if there is anything I can help with before your next stay. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)

Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

I have just spent 4 nights at this hotel. Jason is a credit to this hotel. always helpful, friendly and cheerful. due to the bad weather we had to stay an extra night but this was not a problem. this is the second time I have stayed here and will return again.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Baddeb

Thank you for taking time to write a review, I am thrilled that you had a brilliant stay despite the unfortunate events leading you to stay an extra night. I'm sure Jason will be delighted that you have given him a personal mention and we all hope that you will come back to visit us again soon. If you have any requests or questions before your next stay please feel free to get in touch with me. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Stayed for a visit to the O2 for a night performance. Great location by the river and a few minutes walk from Westminster tube. A new hotel, not the largest family room but the view more than made up for it. Very friendly and efficient staff (thank you David) and a good breakfast buffet. Housekeeping was very very good. I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 1401. Great double aspect windows and view of the river, London Eye and Big Ben.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jrbne
RachelMcKeeman, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Thank you for your 5 star review, I am delighted that you had a great stay and had the pleasure of enjoying a room with a view. Our Team Members will always go out of their way for every guest and I know David will be thrilled that you've personally mentioned him! I hope you will back soon to visit and if you have any questions or requests before your next stay please do not hesitate to get in touch with me. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Ok, so I got here late after a very long day and only spent 6hours here, but the rooms are great, clean, very comfortable, nice building,etc.
Location easy to find and 5min walk to Waterloo tube.
What really did it for me was the staff .... How happy welcoming and friendly can people be ! It was a real lift to see a smiling face and ok, it was quiet but they still did my check-in for me which they didn't need too.
Thank you...people make the difference...look forward to coming back.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking time to write such a wonderful review, I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay. We not only pride ourselves on our clean and comfortable rooms but our friendly Team Members who really go out of their way to make every stay for our guests brilliant! It will be an absolute pleasure to welcome you back soon and if there is anything I can help with before your next visit please do get in touch as I would be happy to help. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)

Reviewed 19 December 2013

There's nothing much wrong with this hotel, but there's nothing inspiring either. But what do you expect in a Premier Inn? So don't be put off if you know and love Premier Inns.
The good:
Friendly and helpful staff.
Good location close to Waterloo station.
Clean and modern.
Inexpensive for room and breakfast in this part of London.
and the not so good:
Bed OK but not brilliant. Double is two singles pushed together. However, we did get a good night's sleep.
The plug in the sink in the bathroom wedged shut and you couldn't drain the water. The girl from reception turned up with a hammer and screwdriver and knocked it back open. Looking at the state of the plug, this was not the first time it had happened.
The heating was difficult to control and seemed to have a mind of its own.
Breakfast in the restaurant was a scrum with the staff only just coping.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

We offer great value rooms, great service all in a clean, comfortable and a well-looked after environment; plus a Good Night, Guaranteed and I am pleased that you found all of this to be the case during your stay. However, I appreciate your feedback and I am certainly on the case with the sink plug you mentioned and I will endeavour to get it fixed. Our air conditioning takes several minutes to adjust; our Team Members are always happy to help you get a moderate temperature if you're a little unsure of the settings. I would love to make your next stay brilliant so please do get in touch if there is anything I can do before your next stay. I hope you had a pleasant journey home and I look forward to welcoming you soon. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)