Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel
Ranked #185 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Chichester, United Kingdom
“Value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

As we arrived, our first impressions were not good. The reception was a let down. It was very unwelcoming and unattractive. The desk was narrow, and you had to check-in, yourself, which I hadn't liked. Most of the staff during our stay were very friendly, and helpful. The hotel was warm, and quiet. Our room was located in the new extension. My Dad's room was in the old maternity hospital section, fully refurbished and brightly decorated. The rooms (my Dad's and ours) offered: cleanliness, spaciousness, functionality and contemporary smartness. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. The central location enhanced our trip to London. We were minutes (walking) to the Southbank and the London Eye, which was fantastic.We chose to eat away from the Premier Inn, Waterloo. As there was an extensive range of restaurants and cafes. There is a car park close by, and a space cannot be booked in advanced (£20 per day). A wonderful stay.

Room Tip: There is another Premier Inn, which overlooks, the River Thames. We stayed on: Addington Street, Wat...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
RachelMcKeeman, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review following your stay. I am pleased that you had a great stay with us and found our Team to be helpful and our rooms to be spacious and clean. We offer guests the choice of a self check-in as some frequent guests prefer this or our Team Members are always happy to help with a traditional check-in. I hope that you'll come back to stay with us again and if you have any requests or questions please feel free to get in touch with me personally. I hope you had a pleasant journey home and I look forward to welcoming you back soon. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bombay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

We did a lot of research to short-list the best hotel located in central London which suited our budget and had received the least negative comments on TripAdvisor. That led us to book @Premier Inn Waterloo. And we are so happy that it turned out to be the perfect choice for us over the 6 nights we stayed there mid-December. Thank you Trip Advisor.

A week before our stay, we had sent an email requesting for a room on the higher floors. On arriving , we were very happy to learn that our email request had been considered and we got a room on the 9th floor with a great view, in fact, it was a triple room that had been allocated to us, Had we called them earlier, we could have got a room on the higher floors, which were already booked by then. The room was of decent sized with very comfortable bed and the view of London Eye from the window was extra special. Pictures attached.

The front office staffs were courteous, friendly and provided quick service at all times. Our travel adapter was not working and they promptly provided us with one. No deposit was taken and we could retain it for the entire duration of our stay. Iron was provided within 10 minutes of request. Every other day we used to have a chat with this one particular staff member and he was happy to spend some time and even recommended nice locations to visit.

The location of the hotel is just perfect. Right next to Waterloo station, there are bus stops within a few meters, the Big Ben and London Eye 5 minutes walk away - which is the perfect go to place early in the morning for a beautiful experience along Thames. All major tourist locations are within 20-30 minutes of the hotel which makes it really convenient.

There are lot of cafes near the hotel, so in case you don't want to have food at the hotel (which is not a bad choice either - 22 GBP for breakfast and dinner along with one drink). You always have an option.

Without a doubt we would recommend this hotel to anyone who is planning to stay @ Central London on a budget. i don’t think you would regret it.

Room Tip: Do request for a room on the higher floors, more quiet and may offer better views. We stayed in Room...
1 Thank histeve
RachelMcKeeman, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review and commentary to help future guests make their decision to stay with us. I am pleased that you found our Team Members to be so warm and friendly and that your room was perfect. We're always happy to help whether it be for directions, irons and adaptors or for information on our free luggage room at Reception. I hope that you will come back to visit us again in the future and thank you for your glowing recommendation. Please get in touch if there is anything else I can do for you and I hope you had a pleasant onward journey. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
Isle of Portland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

This is the second time that I have stayed at this Premier Inn.

Upon arrival we were welcomed by a member of the friendly reception team with whom we stored our bags with until we could check-in later in the day. Returned to the hotel to check-in and were greeted by another friendly team member who took the time to have a conversation about our home county (Dorset). Rachel had managed to reserve us room 1402 again - a lovely room with views of the skyline of London.

Room was clean, tidy and everything you'd expect from a twin room at Premier Inn (having stayed in this exact room before we knew what we were getting).

There were a couple of issues with the room. The main light in the bathroom was not working - we reported this to reception on our way out however this was not fixed during our stay. It was still possible to see using the LED lighting above the sink, but it wasn't ideal. The other issue was the temperature of the room during the night, combined with winter duvets - both my friend and I woke up on numerous occasions during the night which disturbed our good nights' sleep.

Had breakfast at the hotel restaurant - again, exactly what you'd expect from Premier Inn.

There was good service and friendly atmosphere throughout our stay and I'm sure that we'll stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking time to write a review and I am pleased that you had a good stay with us and I will most certainly ensure the light fitting has since been changed; unfortunately it wasn't a bulb issue, the full light fitting needed replaced but I am sorry this was not communicated to you. We do have air conditioning and our Team Members are always more than happy to help our guests find the perfect setting. It was great to read that our Team Members really made you feel welcome and I'm sure this was one of the reasons you returned. I hope you'll be back for a third visit and that you had a pleasant onward journey. Feel free to get in touch if I can help with anything before your next stay and I look forward to welcoming you back soon. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

My first time in a Premier Inn Hotel and what a wonderful experience from start to finish. After an hour of trying to find overnight parking, my partner and I were frazzled. We were given a warm welcome and a wonderful spotlessly clean room on the 10th floor. The bed was so comfortable with extra pillows and there was a great shower. The breakfast buffet was so well organised by the manager and his staff, tables cleaned and laid up and food was cooked to perfection.
I have to say well done to all the hard working staff that make it all possible.

1 Thank fluffyduck51
It was a delight reading your review and I am thrilled that our friendly Team made your stay such a wonderful experience. Our Team do a fantastic job and I am hugely proud that they give warm welcomes, ensure our rooms are spotlessly clean and that they give diners a brilliant experience in our Thyme Restaurant. I hope you will come back to visit us again soon and feel free to get in touch with me if you have any requests or questions before your next stay. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
Bristol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

Our second stay at this almost brand new hotel. Staff absolutely lovely -we stayed at Christmas and they made it so special. Reception gave us a fabulous room on 14th floor with great views. Just brill!

1 Thank ShireladBristol
There are two things that make any hotelier proud, reading that our guests had a brilliant stay and more so that our Team really made the difference in making your stay so memorable. Thank you for writing a review and it is fantastic that you had a special Christmas stay with us. I hope you will be back to visit soon and please get in touch if there is anything I can help with before your next stay. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

I have just spent 4 nights at this hotel. Jason is a credit to this hotel. always helpful, friendly and cheerful. due to the bad weather we had to stay an extra night but this was not a problem. this is the second time I have stayed here and will return again.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Baddeb
Thank you for taking time to write a review, I am thrilled that you had a brilliant stay despite the unfortunate events leading you to stay an extra night. I'm sure Jason will be delighted that you have given him a personal mention and we all hope that you will come back to visit us again soon. If you have any requests or questions before your next stay please feel free to get in touch with me. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
Oxford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

Stayed for a visit to the O2 for a night performance. Great location by the river and a few minutes walk from Westminster tube. A new hotel, not the largest family room but the view more than made up for it. Very friendly and efficient staff (thank you David) and a good breakfast buffet. Housekeeping was very very good. I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 1401. Great double aspect windows and view of the river, London Eye and Big Ben.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jrbne
RachelMcKeeman, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Thank you for your 5 star review, I am delighted that you had a great stay and had the pleasure of enjoying a room with a view. Our Team Members will always go out of their way for every guest and I know David will be thrilled that you've personally mentioned him! I hope you will back soon to visit and if you have any questions or requests before your next stay please do not hesitate to get in touch with me. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)