“Nice hotel in good location”

Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel
Ranked #203 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Small rooms but well designed (lots of hooks, shelves, hangers, table) so perfectly fine for two of us staying one night. Perfectly clean, modern and comfy basic hotel. Generally a nice quiet hotel for a nights sleep -however in the morning the water pipes have quite a range of humming/whistling/whirring noises! I don't think it was enough to wake me up, just a bit annoying after a while if trying to have a ly-in. (you can't hear people actually using the showers/toilets, its just the pipes you can hear). Hotel is in a great location on Jubilee line for the O2 arena. If you don't need "all you can eat" and want to get out for breakfast there are a couple of cafes on York Rd like Coffee Culture which was good for us. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
RachelMcKeeman, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Thank you for taking time to share your stay on Trip Advisor and it was great to read that you enjoyed our clean, comfortable and well-designed rooms. We have recently had some additional work done to a water pump, which I hope will solve any noise issues but I am sorry that this was frustrating for you during your stay. It would be great to welcome you back to the hotel and I do hope you get the opportunity to do so. If you have any requests or questions before your next stay please feel free to get in touch with me as I would be more than happy to help. Kind regards, Rachel. .(opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)

Write a ReviewReviews (3,444)

Reviewed 9 February 2014

We've stayed in several premier inn's in London and this is another very good one. Obviously newer than the others we've stayed in but you just know what you're going to get.On this trip we were given a room on the 11th floor at end of the corridor with a bit of a view over Waterloo station, room in excellent condition, bathroom with a walk in shower no bath(not sure if this is the case in all rooms) which was fine.
All the staff we met were excellent from check in to cleaners totally professional, the one and only downpoint for me was the double glazed window in the room which you could not open for safety reasons but had an airation device built in so in the early hours emergency services sirens gave us a wake up call !! on 2 nights. :0((
Hotel is in a great position 5 mins walk from Waterloo Stn and just a fraction longer to Westminster or Embankment take your choice.
ps The breakfast is fabulous as allways.

Room Tip: maybe a room on the east side would give less road noise??
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

It was a pleasure to read your review and I am pleased that you had a great stay with us and also really enjoyed our great-value breakfast. The majority of our rooms have showers however we do have some with baths and where these are available we're always happy to accommodate requests for these or for rooms facing away from the road to ensure you have a great nights sleep. I hope you will get the opportunity to stay with us again and please get in touch with me if you would like to make any requests as mentioned above, I will be more than happy to help. I look forward to welcoming you back soon and thank you again for your wonderful review. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Stayed here for one night as we were up in London to see a couple of shows and wanted a convenient location, and we were also curious to try this addition to the new Premier Inn stable. If you're a regular Premier Inn customer you'll know what to expect in terms of room layout, comfort, ,meals etc. etc., and this one is as good as any, with friendly, helpful staff. And if you're arriving by train at Waterloo the hotel is just a couple of minutes' walk along York Road, so we would certainly stay here again for the convenience of that aspect.
I'd read that most of the rooms have showers rather than baths, and since we're fans of the latter we particularly asked to have a bath in our room. The reception clerk went through his list and offered us a room on the first floor (there are 14 floors in total). It was just around the corner from the lift so I thought there might be a problem with noise - but no, it was very quiet, save for an alarm which went off twice in our room within a short period not long after we'd arrived. My husband went down to reception only to find that they were testing the fire alarms, which is apparently done every Friday afternoon - so why didn't the clerk mention it when we checked in?
Since we're often in London we weren't bothered about a room with a view, which was just as well as the only view from our window was of a brick wall about six inches away! The next morning we took the lift to the 14th floor and established that there are some fine views of the river and the Houses of Parliament, so on checking out we asked the girl on reception if any rooms have that view. It seems they do, and she kindly gave us a list of them. As I said, we weren't that bothered on this occasion, but if one of these rooms was on offer another time we'd certainly take it.

Room Tip: Since the hotel is built on the site of the old laying-in hospital, the façade of which still remain...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to write a Trip Advisor review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our fire alarm test takes place every Friday at approximately 12noon and I am sorry that our Reception Team Member forgot to mention it although I am pleased he was able to check you in earlier than our 2pm check in time and also find you a room with a bath too. We are always open to room requests although due to the high volume of these every week we can't always guarantee view rooms to be available, however we do always try our best. Before your next stay please feel free to contact me in advance to make a request and I will do my best for you. Thank you for staying a Premier Inn London Waterloo and I hope you had a pleasant journey home. Kind regards, Rachel. .(opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Absolutely lovely stay here! Rooms were clean and modern. Food at the restaurant was excellent. And the customer service was faultless by all members of staff. They really make you feel welcome! Great location! Walking distance of the eye and Westminster with easy access to the tube and bus routes.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SophM123

Thank you for taking time to share your 5 star review and I am delighted that you had such a brilliant stay with us. I am pleased you had the opportunity to dine in our restaurant and have commended our service so highly. I hope that you had a wonderful trip to London and that you will be back again soon. Feel free to contact me if you have any requests or questions before your next visit and I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards, Rachel.(opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I stayed this hotel from Jan 13th to 17th, 2014. The room was clean and confortable but without any amenities. The room was not equipped with a frig either.

We had an appoiment to see our business counterpart at the lobby at 8:30 am, but she did not appear by the time promised. The hotel clerk told us that she came to the lobby 30 minitues earlier and went away recognizing that we were not there. However she later told us that the hotel clerk told her that we were not staying in the hotel. I do not know what was going on.

After finsihing our work on that day I went back to the hotel and found that my room card was not working. Another hotel clark told me that the room I stayed last night was not available because of electricity trouble. I was forced to move to other room which was not comforatable as compared withe the former room because of some noise. However the hotel refunded me the money for teh first night.

As many guests of this hotel already mentioned, breakfast was pretty good. I wish; however, more variation of foods served, since I had to have exactly same menu every morning.

In total the hotel was not too bad, I think.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
RachelMcKeeman, Ooperations Manager at Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience and I am sorry we did not live up to our usual high standard during your stay. We unfortunately experienced a few issues in January with electric in three bedrooms and I am deeply sorry that you were affected by this but I am pleased our Team recognised the issue and offered a refund. I am pleased you had a good stay with us and I do hope that we can make your next stay even better so feel free to contact me if there is anything else I can do for you. I hope you had a pleasant journey home and I look forward to welcoming you back soon. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)

Reviewed 5 February 2014

There is nothing terribly fancy about the Premier Inn Waterloo, but I doubt anyone goes here with the expectation of being blown away by the decor. What you do get is a great hotel in a fantastic location for a pretty good price by London standards. It's just down the street from the Waterloo tube stop and train station, so getting where you need to go underground is incredibly easy. For those visiting the sites around Westminster, it's just steps from the Westminster bridge which takes you across the Thames to Parliament, Westminster Abbey, and everything else in that area. It is probably the most conveniently located property that I've stayed in in London, and was well-priced (for those that haven't been to London before, you must be prepared for how expensive everything is, including hotels).

The rooms were not large, but were fine for one person, and could adequately accommodate two. Everything was clean.

The staff was incredibly friendly, much more so than most hotel staffs anywhere. I thoroughly enjoyed their eagerness to help.

I would recommend prepaying for the breakfast. The restaurant is quite nice, and the breakfast is a very large buffet. It fills up quickly, so I'd recommend getting there by 8:00 each morning.

If returning to London, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. My one night there was short, but plenty of time for me to develop a positive opinion of the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank bigredtraveler
RachelMcKeeman, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Thank you your wonderfully detailed review of Premier Inn London Waterloo following your stay with us, I am delighted you had a brilliant experience. I am pleased you found our location to be the perfect choice for your trip to London and also that our Team Members really made you feel welcome throughout your stay. I sincerely hope you get the opportunity to stay with us again soon and if there is anything I can personally do to make your next stay just as enjoyable then please get in touch. I hope you had a pleasant onward journey and I look forward to welcoming you back soon. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)

Reviewed 4 February 2014

I stay here on a regular basis through work, on average about one night a week. It's really well located for all the main city sights and staff are always pleasant and welcoming - a credit to the company. Rooms are always clean and roomy. I avoid rooms 1 to 9 on the ground floor. Breakfast is good albeit in a room without windows. These points aside, a really good hotel and one I'm happy to use on regular basis.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

It was fantastic to read a review from a regular guest and I am pleased we are delivering a consistent level of service. If you have any other comments or feedback, I would really welcome your thoughts as a regular guest at London Waterloo and please feel free to get in touch with me by email or in person if you have time to do so during your stay. If there is also anything else I can do to make your stays even better please do contact me as I would be more than happy to help. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)