“Why go any where else.??”

Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel
Ranked #206 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Upto 12 months ago we always stayed in so called 5 star hotels throughout the uk.. Paying through the nose for accommodation that was seldom as described,and more often than not disappointing.
I have to admit I never considered so called budget hotels until a freind was singing the praises of premier inns.
We have just visited the new waterloo(our now 4th different premier inn visit in 12 months).
After reading recent reviews on this hotel I requested a 14th floor Thames facing room . What a fantastic view we enjoyed of the London eye,big Ben and Westminster.
I have to say and as all our other premier inn visits all the staff from reception to kitchen staff were very friendly and attentive... A real credit to whit bread management .. As a business director myself you must be treating your staff very well to get the results they are attaining .well done.
The room was warm and very comfortable. The power shower and cleanliness of the compact bathroom was of the highest standard.(we actually had 2 towel changes on the Sunday.
Once I can't praise this hotel enough and we will definitely return when next in London.
Thank you.
Kindest regards . Mr and mrs welch ..greater Manchester.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frank W
RachelMcKeeman, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

I was certainly very proud of my Team upon reading your wonderful review and thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. Our Team Members are what make our hotel stand out from our competition; from our Housekeeping Team who ensure our rooms are clean, to our Front of House Team who deliver exceptional service, we all absolutely pride ourselves in making our guests feel brilliant and I am delighted that you had such a great stay. I hope you're now a converted Premier Inn guest and do also hope that you'll be back to stay with us again soon. If you have any questions or requests before your next stay, please do get in touch with me as I would be more than happy to help. I hope you had a pleasant onward journey and thank you again for your fantastic review. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)

Write a ReviewReviews (3,495)

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Excellent location for sight seeing. Excellent staff. Beds very comfortable and room was spotless. Breakfast was worth a visit. Would highly recommend if your going to London for a long weekend. If I return to London in the future I will stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

It was great to read that you had a brilliant stay with us and thank you for taking time your share your experience. I am pleased that you found our Team Members to be helpful and friendly and that you had time to enjoy our great breakfast. I do hope you'll have the opportunity to stay with us in the future and you're more than welcome to get in touch with me if you have any questions. I look forward to welcoming you back soon and I hope you had a pleasant onward journey. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)

Reviewed 11 February 2014

All the staff were friendly and efficient. My room had a lovely big window overlooking the London Eye so I was really pleased. Everywhere is clean and pleasant. The food in the restaurant was excellent value (£22.99 for a 3 course meal deal plus drink), it was so good I had the same main course on the second evening!! Would stay there again as it is in a very central location.

Room Tip: A colleague was in a room with a very small square window but I suppose it's just the look of th...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking time to write a review and I am delighted you had a wonderful stay with us. Our Meal Deal not only includes 3 courses and a drink but it also includes our 'All You Can Eat' Full English Breakfast and I hope you had time each morning to enjoy that too. I hope you get the chance to stay with us again whether on business again or a leisure trip to London. If you have any questions or requests before your next stay please get in touch with me as I would be more than happy to help. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Hotel is positioned just outside Waterloo station, very clean and new. Will definitely use this hotel again. Check in process was very easy, and we were able to check in earlier than stated which was really helpful. We were also able to leave our luggage at the hotel the day we checked out, and pick it up later that day.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

It was great to read that you had a brilliant stay and thank you for taking time to share your 5 star review on Trip Advisor. We are fortunate to have such a central location and we're perfect for business and leisure guests alike. Where we have availability we will most certainly get our guests checked in early upon request and we have a free and secure luggage room which can be used too. I hope you will come back to stay with us again soon and if there is anything I can help with before your next visit please do get in touch with me. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Arrived early for check-in so asked if we could leave our bag, receptionist said that as they had some rooms ready we could check-in and use room there and then. Great, such a bonus, were able to drop off luggage and sort out what we needed to take out for the rest of the day, plus have a cuppa while doing that. On booking we were advised that as this was a city centre location close to a railway station that it could be noisy, however, with the very good double glazing in place we were not disturbed at all, and bed was very comfy. Had a corner room on second floor so plenty of room but not much of a view due to the height of buildings around, but as there are 14 floors if you want a view ask for a room on a higher floor. We were directly opposite County Hall, with the London Eye just a short walk away, Waterloo station is a short walk away along York Road, if you arrive by train take exit 6 from the main line station or if via tube ensure you take the correct escalator for York Road as it is a longer walk via Waterloo Road exit. Staff very helpful and friendly, restaurant is downstairs from reception, it is a Thyme, no ales, but the usual wine, lagers and soft drinks available. Breakfast is only Premier, no Continental available as it is buffet style, however, in another PI I have asked for Continental only and have been able to have that. Didn't ask in this instance as a Premier breakfast suited on this occasion. The breakfast is the expected Premier breakfast with lots of choice, hot and cold, cereals, very satisfactory. A good stay, would definitely book there again.

Room Tip: Higher floor for a view, all rooms seem to be well insulated with double glazing.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking time to share your 5 star stay on Trip Advisor and I am delighted that you had such a brilliant stay with us. It was good to read that you had the time to eat breakfast with us and thank you for recommending it; we do have a great selection available and as kids eat free, it's also great value for families too. I hope you have the chance to stay with us again and please get in touch with me if you have any questions or requests before your next stay as I would be more than happy to help. I look forward to welcoming you back soon and thank you again for your wonderful review. Kind regards, Rachel. .(opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)

Reviewed 9 February 2014

we were going to a function in the Park Plaza at the end of Jan but chose to stay in the Premier Inn as we could then afford to stay for 2 nights instead of 1 night at the Park Plaza. Had no hesitations booking the Premier Inn as we have never had a problem with their hotels and we were not disappointed this time either. I think it was Jack on reception when we arrived and he had no problem changing our room so that we had a lovely view looking out at the London Eye, the river and Big Ben. He really couldn't have beem more helpful.

We had tickets to see Phantom of the Opera in the West End and it was not only an easy walk but an enjoyable walk near the London Eye and over the bridge even though it was raining.

We decided to try breakfast on the first morning and as it was so good we decided to have it on the second morning too so that it would set us up for a long day in the city. They were happy to keep our bags in a secure room on the friday after we checked out so that we could go walking. Again, an easy walk to Westminster, Horse Guards Parade, even to Buckingham Palace if you're interested..

great location for the hotel, good value considering the location, good breakfast with clean, comfortable rooms, no road noise and very handy for Waterloo station where you can connect with the Underground, Waterloo and Waterloo East stations.

Would definately recommend a stay here for anyone who wants to say in the heart of the city close to a lot of the major attractions.

Room Tip: It seems that the rooms with the view have to be asked for at time of reservation if possible. We s...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

It was a delight to read your review and thank you for your great photos too. I am thrilled that you had a brilliant stay with us and that you enjoyed our breakfast. I'm sure Jack will be delighted with your compliment so thank you for personally recognising him. We have a high number of requests for our view rooms and as you've highlighted, we only have one which is suitable for a family so this particular room has requests months in advance. We're always more than happy to take requests to ensure our guests have a brilliant stay but they can't always be guaranteed. Before your next visit please get in touch with me as I would be happy to add a request for you and answer any questions you may have. I look forward to welcoming you back soon and hope you had a pleasant journey back to Northern Ireland. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Small rooms but well designed (lots of hooks, shelves, hangers, table) so perfectly fine for two of us staying one night. Perfectly clean, modern and comfy basic hotel. Generally a nice quiet hotel for a nights sleep -however in the morning the water pipes have quite a range of humming/whistling/whirring noises! I don't think it was enough to wake me up, just a bit annoying after a while if trying to have a ly-in. (you can't hear people actually using the showers/toilets, its just the pipes you can hear). Hotel is in a great location on Jubilee line for the O2 arena. If you don't need "all you can eat" and want to get out for breakfast there are a couple of cafes on York Rd like Coffee Culture which was good for us. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to share your stay on Trip Advisor and it was great to read that you enjoyed our clean, comfortable and well-designed rooms. We have recently had some additional work done to a water pump, which I hope will solve any noise issues but I am sorry that this was frustrating for you during your stay. It would be great to welcome you back to the hotel and I do hope you get the opportunity to do so. If you have any requests or questions before your next stay please feel free to get in touch with me as I would be more than happy to help. Kind regards, Rachel. .(opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)