Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel
Ranked #201 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Brighouse
“Brilliant.”
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

Just stayed four nights in a family room.
Check in was swift and got a view room...and what a view it was of Big Ben and the wheel. (Room 1301)
The room was plenty big enough and very clean.
Towels changed daily.
Bed comfortable.
Communal areas very clean.
Breakfast no waiting for a table and the value for money was great. Food and choice was good.
Checkout good.
Location really good.
I have stayed in both the neighbouring Park Plaza hotels..both are good but for the price this hotel is a fair match.
Will definitely visit again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Claretcop
RachelMcKeeman, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
It was wonderful to read your 5 star review and I am thrilled you had such a brilliant stay with us. Our Team Members ensure our rooms our clean and comfortable, our restaurant serves great food and that our guests have a warm welcome so I'm pleased your whole stay was perfect. I hope you all had a great time in London and that you'll stay with us again in the future. I look forward to welcoming you back and if you have any questions before your next stay then please feel free to ask as I'd be more than happy to help. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (528)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Corsham
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We stayed for 3 nights with our 3 1/2 year old son. The hotel is well located for a youngster with the playground in Jubilee gardens just over the road, and plenty of places to eat and keep a youngster occupied, whilst being close to waterloo & westminster tube stations.

I found the room uncomfortably hot, and the temperature control wouldn't let me reduce the temperature to under 18 degrees overnight, even though the room felt much warmer than this.

Breakfast was a good easy choice with a young child with plenty of options, but had this been an adults only trip, I would have gone to one of the many restaurants over the road for better quality food.

I was also a little surprised that even this is a budget hotel, they didn't change the sheets overnight, and as my son had played in a sandpit during our first day, this was in our bedding throughout the stay. The 'wardrobe' is somewhat lacking but if you are happy to keep your clothes in your suitcase and have everything else on display on the open shelves it is more than adequate for a short stay.

Overall, good value for the location but if you want a bit more pampering, a change of sheets, I would pay a little extra and stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: I would try and stay near the bottom levels of the hotel. We, fortunately were on level 1, and as t...
1 Thank Ann B
Thank you for taking time to share your experience and I am pleased that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. Following guest feedback over the weekend, we have actioned an immediate response to our air conditioning as the full functionality should allow guests to switch this to a cooling system rather than heat only. We have family rooms on our ground floor level too and we're always open to requests for these where we can accommodate them. I hope that you'll have the opportunity to visit us again and please do get in touch if you would like to request a more conveniently located room or if you have any questions. I hope you all had a brilliant time in London and I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
Braintree
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Staff really helpful and friendly, good breakfast facilities, rooms clean, however, very warm and needed to get reception to turn on AC as can't open the tiny window in room, no view either so felt a little closed in. But will use again, generally good value and location is very good also, especially for southbank centre and London eye.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your 5 star review and for taking the time to share your stay on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you had a great stay which was made so by our friendly Team Members, clean rooms and great value breakfast. I was disappointed to read that you didn't find our air conditioning to work correctly and I have logged an immediate call to have this addressed following guest feedback. I hope that you'll be back to stay with us soon and if there is anything I can do to make your next stay more enjoyable then please get in touch with me. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
London
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We have stayed in a variety of hotels over the years, some awful, some wonderful but you really can't go far wrong with a Premier Inn. For us, the Waterloo one is perfectly situated, just a five minute walk from the station and easy walking to the areas of central London we are most likely to want to be, i.e. Covent Garden, the theatres, Southbank etc. Our room, though not well located and a bit like being in cave, was clean and comfortable. The 30 minutes a day free wi-fi was plenty for us. The basement bar/restaurant was very pleasant and we chose to eat here on the second night - very good it was too. As always, the staff were great and it really does make a difference to any place when the staff are friendly and helpful. As we are just 30 miles outside of central London, we will definitely use this hotel again when treating ourselves to a couple of nights away.

Room Tip: Ask if your room has a view of anything other than a brick wall!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tuesday_9
Thank you for taking time to share you wonderfully detailed review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted you found our hotel to be perfectly located and that our Team delivered such outstanding service. I hope that you'll get the opportunity to stay with us again and feel free to get in touch with me if you have any requests or questions before your next stay. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you had a pleasant onward journey. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014

My partner and I and our 5 year old stayed here for an overnight stay last night. We were very impressed by how helpful and friendly staff were and Jack on reception was very helpful with our luggage when we arrived early. Our room was extremely clean, everything is new in the bathroom and was very comfortable. Our son had a proper bed, not a sofa bed or put-you-up that you can get in some family rooms - and it was just perfect. We were in a room on the back of the hotel (facing out onto the train station) but we heard no noise at all and slept well. We would definitely recommend this hotel. It is clean, new and the staff are lovely.

1 Thank lisa b
RachelMcKeeman, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thank you for your glowing 5 star review, I am delighted that you all had a fantastic stay with us. I'm sure Jack will be thrilled with your compliment so thank you very much on his behalf. All of our Team deliver fantastic service, from our Housekeeping Team who ensure our rooms and clean and comfortable to our 24-hr Reception Team who make our guests feel really welcome; we're always happy to help. I hope you'll get the opportunity to stay with us again and feel free to get in touch with me if you have any requests or questions. I hope you had a pleasant onward journey and I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Just spent three nights here, four adults and one child. Fantastic location, enabled us to walk everywhere - 1 minute to the Eye, Big Ben etc. 15 minute stroll over Waterloo to Covent Garden and about the same over Westminster Bridge/St James Park to Buckingham Palace. Had a family room with a king size and single bed - not massive but was all we needed however we did find it a little too warm even with the air con at its lowest temp. Had a room on the first floor so not much of a view but it meant we didn't have to use the lift which seemed to be
very busy. Restaruant was great, had dinner here twice during our stay, breakfast was very busy but so well organised it wasn't a problem. Staff seemed to have everything under control and couldn't be more helpful with any request - they are a credit to the hotel and better than most I have come across in "more expensive" establishments. A perfect hotel in a perfect location for what we needed.

1 Thank jillybscot
Thank you for your wonderful 5 star review, I am pleased that you all had a wonderful stay with us. I hope you all enjoyed your trip to London; we've got a great location and a fantastic Team that we're really proud of too. Our lifts are usually busy during peak times such as weekend breakfast peak times or around check out time but I'm sorry this cause you some inconvenience. It would be wonderful to welcome you back to the hotel soon and please get in touch with me if you have any questions or requests before your next stay. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
Inverness
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We have stayed here in the summer and the winter. Great location, good value with modern very clean rooms and very comfy beds. The shower is say to use with plenty hot water. In our experience all Premier Inn staff however all the staff at this hotel are very friendly and helpful. I also noticed they all seem to he on so well which comes across to he customer. Honestly superb customer service.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
It was an absolute pleasure reading your review and thank you for taking the time to write it. Our Team Members really do make our hotel special and they try to deliver exceptional customer service every day to our guests so it was wonderful to read your feedback on our Team. It would be great to welcome you back again and if there is anything I can do before your next stay, please get in touch with me. I hope you had a pleasant onward journey and thank you again for sharing your glowing review. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)