“Best 'Budget' Hotel I've Stayed In”

Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel
Ranked #210 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed here for one night while in London for a meeting. The location is excellent; very near Waterloo train station and just a very short stroll from the London Eye on the South Bank with plenty of restaurants and bars nearby so would be a good base for tourists as well.

My room itself was spotlessly clean, and although it was small (which is what I would expect from a "Budget" hotel in the heart of London anyway) it had everything you'd need, not least a comfortable bed - which made a big difference after a long day of travel and work.

The thing that really made the difference though, as is usually the case, was the staff. There were plenty of staff around, all of whom were extremely helpful and pleasant, both at reception and at breakfast in the morning. I can honestly say the service was as good as any hotel I've ever stayed at.

I was also impressed by how seriously they took the guarantee of a good night's sleep. On the bed was a card that said if there was anything that was disturbing your rest to let reception know. If reception couldn't deal with the problem this card then detailed the mobile number of the local Area Manager. If you still weren't happy then the mobile number for the Operations Manager for London was listed. I realise this will be a Premier Inn wide initiative (and also acts as an incentive for staff on site to deal with the problems first time) but it was reassuring and a nice touch.

Two of my colleagues stayed in the same hotel and we all had the same opinion. For the first time I can remember I find myself looking forward to going back to a Premier Inn!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
RachelMcKeeman, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2014

Thank you for your fantastic review, it was a pleasure to read and I'm sure my Team will feel equally as proud. Outstanding customer service is by all means what sets Premier Inn apart from our competition and I'm delighted that our Waterloo Team delivered this to you and your colleagues. Please get in touch with me personally should you stay and again and have any requests or questions as I'd be more than happy to help. I look forward to welcoming you back soon and hope you had a pleasant journey home. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I booked three rooms for family for the Easter Weekend, 20 April.

The hotel is within easy reach of public transport and close to a public car park (£20 per day) and close to all the sights in the City.

The best feature about this hotel is its staff - courteous and attentive. The mad rush at breakfast was well managed - an orderly process for allocating tables and plenty of nosh on the buffet tables.

The bedrooms are clean, furnished with a comfortable bed and pillows and a hot shower in the bathroom.

All in all, good price, just the job for London. No need to pay rocket high prices on some of the other brands.

Recommended!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your glowing review, I am delighted you had a great Easter break with us and do hope that you'll return again in the future. Our Team Members certainly are great at what they do, so thank you for taking time to compliment them so highly. If you have any questions or requests before your next stay please feel free to get in touch with me and I hope you all had a pleasant journey home. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I booked this a family room (for my family) and double room (for my parents) in September 2013 in hindsight of the forth-coming London Marathon in April 2014. I booked early as I was drawn by the "cancel up to the day of arrival" policy. If I couldn't take part it would have been costly to do so otherwise if that were the case.It was easy access and close to Westminster and the finish.
The plan was to go up on Saturday,run Sunday with easy train access to the start and then have a stay over on Sunday night to do a bit of sight seeing on Monday.
We were greeted by very friendly staff and the ease of booking-in was good. We were made aware of their good nights sleep policy and the booking of a dinner for the evening.
The rooms were clean, tidy and well maintained. The family room was a little tight but we had an 8 and 14 year old so it wasn't too bad.
The restaurant put on an evening meal deal for Marathon runners and the family ate from the main menu.All meals were well prepared and tasty.
The service staff were excellent and rather than just check robotically how things were, engaged in good conversation and were genuinely interested in your stay.
The staff were all very friendly and helpfull.
The hotle was able to keep our bags safe on Monday while we checked out and went sight-seeing and made it easy to collect at no charge.
The bus stop to Victoria stops right outside the hotel and was quicker than the underground.
A great hotel and I always have a good Premier Inn experience. Well Done. I will be booking for next year now !

1  Thank Marathonman2014

First of all, a huge congratulations from myself and the team for running the marathon! I hope you're well rested now and thank you for taking time to share such a detailed review. I'm delighted that you all had a brilliant stay and enjoyed our great customer service. I hope to welcome you all back next year and good luck if you do decide to run the marathon again. If you have any requests or questions before your next stay please feel free to get in touch with me personally. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Ideal location, nice clean hotel, as are the Premier Inns we have stayed in, and very friendly staff. The only negative comment I would make is that the Premier Inn web site states there is parking at this hotel, but this is not the case. There is a small public car park at the rear. We would definitely stay here next time we visit London.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your glowing 5 star review, I am delighted you had a great stay with us and I'm equally as pleased that you'll come back for a second visit too. I've looked at our own website which says we have no onsite parking and there is a car park nearby, it would be great if you could perhaps give me further information about the website you used or the specific page so I can ensure we have any misleading text changed and I'm really sorry that you felt mislead. I look forward to welcoming you back again and please get in touch with me if you have any questions or requests before your next stay. Kind regards, (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Located just opp. The London Eye, location was superb. A short walk from Waterloo station, and bus stop right outside the door. After a lovely sleep we all had a huge breakfast before getting out into London sight seeing. Excellent for our family with children aged 8&10. Clean, friendly and safe.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking time you share your experience on Trip Advisor. It was great to read that you had a fantastic stay plus a great nights sleep and a good breakfast the following morning. I hope you will get the chance to stay with us again and if you have any requests or questions before your next trip please do get in touch with me. Thanks again for your review and I hope you had a pleasant journey home. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Having stayed at county hall I was worried this premier inn wouldn't be as fantastic - it was every bit as good and more! Great rooms, fab staff, room service great and gorgeous breakfast! Fab location

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
RachelMcKeeman, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor and I'm delighted you really enjoyed your stay. Our team work hard to ensure our rooms are clean and comfortable, our breakfast offers great value and of course the excellent customer service they provide too. I hope you get the opportunity to stay with us again and feel free to get in touch with me if you have any requests or questions. I hope you had a pleasant onward journey and thank you for staying with us. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed for 2 nights 10/4/2014 in a family room to attend a wedding. I had to email ahead to request certain things due to my daughters medical needs. Everything we requested was in place. Thank you. The fact everything was sorted for us made our stay perfect and trouble free. It made all the difference. All the staff were excellent, friendly and professional. The location of the hotel was perfect, just a short walk to the festival hall with a choice of restaurants and the London Eye. Also a 10-15min walk over the bridge to Covent garden and Leicester Square. We had breakfast each morning, which again was faultless, everything hot and fresh and replenished regularly. We have been lucky enough to stay in several Premier Inns over the years and I am pleased to say this was the best by far. Thank you.

Room Tip: High floors, Thames facing, will give a fantastic view of the London eye & Westminster.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

It was a pleasure reading that you all had a brilliant stay with us and we're all delighted that we're at the top of your Premier Inn list! Our Team do an outstanding job and thank you for complimenting them on how they went over and above to ensure you had everything you needed. I hope you all had a lovely time at the wedding and had a pleasant journey home too. It would be great to welcome you back in the future and please get in touch with me personally if there is anything I can do to make your next stay equally as brilliant. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)