“Above expectations”

Ranked #200 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Beverley, United Kingdom
“Above expectations”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stayed just for one night on 1st June but were pleasantly surprised by the quality of service, food and facilities at this budget hotel. We had more than adequate rooms which were spotlessly clean and what most impressed us was the warm welcome at check in and the friendliness and attentiveness of the breakfast staff.
It was a very busy service but they coped very well and coupled with their friendly attitude this made for a pleasant experience, unlike some of the stressful busy breakfasts we have experienced in many hotels. The quality of the breakfast food was good also and I fully appreciate the difficulties in keeping hot buffet food fresh.
Of particular note among the breakfast staff were the male supervisor (Harry Hill lookalike) and Samantha.
The hotel is in a great location too. Waterloo station is right next door if you need a train or the underground and it is only a couple of minutes walk from Westminster bridge and all the attractions near there.
The quality of service was far more than I have usually found in some of the budget chains and would certainly choose this hotel next time I need to be in central London

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors give you the chance of a view, otherwise it might just be a brick wall !
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
R_McKeeman, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
It was a pleasure reading your review and I'm delighted that you had such a brilliant stay. Our Team work effortlessly at ensuring our rooms are clean and comfortable and that our restaurant guests are well looked after. Thank you for personally mentioning Johnny (our celebrity look-a-like) and Sam as I know they'll both be thrilled that you've commented on their great service. I hope to welcome you back in the near future and please get in touch with me if you have any room requests or questions as I'd be more than happy to help. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (532)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed in this hotel in June 2014 overnight. The hotel is brand new and very clean. However at £170 per room per night it is not cheap. Very good location, our room was at the front of the hotel and had views of the London Eye. Most of the sights of London are within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to write a Trip Advisor review and I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our prices can vary from £69 to £200 depending on the time of year and how far in advance you book. Our Premier Saver rates are only available online and please get in touch with me if you'd like any help with future bookings and finding the best available rate for your stay. I hope to welcome you back soon and thanks for staying with us. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I came to London on May 27 - May 30, 2014. I like to stay around Waterloo area and previously I stayed at Park Plaza County Hall. But since this time the hotel was fully booked and after an extended search my choice fell into Premier Inn London Waterloo. When I got there it was early morning. Usually they don't allow the guest to be checked-in until 12 p.m. But since I checked-in online before my arrival I got my room earlier. The receptionist was efficient in explaining things but I wouldn't call him friendly. When I got into my room I was delighted to find the room to be big. And most importantly it is clean. The bed and the pillows are very comfortable too. The bathroom is clean. But there are two things that I wish Premier Inn has installed within the room: safe deposit box and exhaust in the bathroom. I tried the restaurant for dinner and breakfast. They have wide range of selections for dinner. But bear in mind that they don't have room service. So if you would like to dine in your room you need to carry your own food from the restaurant. For breakfast they have buffet style breakfast. Location of the hotel is also superb. 5 minutes walk to Waterloo underground station and National rail station. 5 minutes walk to London Eye and South Bank. 10 minutes walk to Westminster Bridge, House of Parliament and Big Ben.

Room Tip: Try to get a lower level room as the lift takes painfully long to reach your level.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank MikieMikey
Thank you for taking time to write a review and it was a pleasure to read that we exceeded your expectations and that you found your room to be clean and comfortable. Our check in time is 2pm and whilst we can't guarantee earlier check ins, we're always happy to have a look should rooms be available any earlier. I hope to welcome you back in the near future and please get in touch with me if you have any requests or questions. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Our family booked this hotel for a weekend break in London and what a find!, great staff, very friendly and accommodating, decent sized room(by London standards) fresh and clean and a superb breakfast service.
Location is excellent too, less than five minutes to the London Eye and Embankment, looking forward to going back.

1 Thank Brian M
R_McKeeman, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
It was great to read that you had such a brilliant stay and thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor, it's really appreciated. I'm pleased that our team ensured you were well-looked after and I hope you'll get the chance to stay with us again soon. Please get in touch with me if you have any requests or questions before your next stay as I'd be more than happy to help. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
Tyne & Wear
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Excellent central London hotel. Brilliant for sightseeing. Very close to all london attractions. Very clean and tidy. Staff very helpful and friendly. Definitely recommend this hotel.
Did not stay for meals so can't comment on food.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front have good views
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravellersTyne_Wear
Thank you for taking time to write a review following your stay and I'm delighted that you had such a brilliant stay. Our team work hard to ensure all of our guests feel welcome and it was great to read that you found them to be friendly and helpful. I hope you'll be back to stay again soon and please email me if there is anything I can do to make your next stay just as brilliant. I hope you had a pleasant journey home and thank you again for your review. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Travelled with teenage daughter to London for a few days. The hotel is in a great location - I had been looking for Premier inn County Hall but it wasn't available - this one is right behind County Hall. Couple of minutes walk to London Eye/South Bank, 2 minute walk to Waterloo Station/Jubilee Line so getting around is really easy. Exactly what you'd expect from a Premier Inn - clean and comfortable without too many frills, good staff. Breakfast was surprisingly good and kids get a free breakfast with paying adult. Would highly recommend this hotel.

1 Thank llfoley
Thank you for your glowing review and I'm pleased that you both had a great stay. We're fortunate to have such a perfect location which is close to Waterloo Station and so many of London's most popular attractions. I hope you'll come back to stay again and please feel free to get in touc h with me if you have any questions or requests. I hope you had a pleasant journey back to Ireland and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
Reviewed 8 June 2014

just returned from a weekend in london and stayed at this premier inn. i was very pleasently surprised, super clean, staff very friendly and helpful. fantastic location, about a 2 min walk from the london eye. breakfast was really nice, good quality food not the usual cheap and nasty stuff. really nice break.

Room Tip: if you can, book one looking out on to york road.
2 Thank swensley78
I hope you had a great weekend in London and thank you for writing a glowing review following your stay. It was great to read that you were pleasantly surprised by our friendly team and well-looked after rooms and I hope you'll get the opportunity to stay with us again. If you have any requests or questions before your next stay please get in touch with me. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)