“Great Location - nice accommodation”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel
Ranked #205 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Auckland
“Great Location - nice accommodation”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed at the Premier Inn London Waterloo for a couple of nights during July 2014, midway through a European vacation, and we quite liked it.

The Premiere Inn chain categorise themselves as budget hotels. Hotel prices in London are famously stratospheric, so the term “budget” in London really needs to come with a comparison with non-budget premise pricing before the cost advantages are really obvious. Particularly when converted into New Zealand dollars, the Premiere Inn was not in what we would normally consider the budget league.

Anyway, the quagmire of London hotel pricing aside, we enjoyed our stay at Premier Inn London Waterloo. The location, sandwiched between the London Eye and Waterloo Station and 5 minutes walk from Big Ben, was perfect for us. We had a 12th story room that gave us a restricted, but nice, view across the Thames to Westminster and Big Ben. We used their in-house restaurant at breakfast and the value seemed good – our 13 year old daughter ate free. Staff were always friendly and accommodated a couple of non standard printing requests.

The only negative elements in our review was the limitations they imposed on our 24 hour wi-fi connection - we were carrying 4 internet connecting devices and their system permitted no greater than 2 on the connection. This was inconvenient and the logic was lost to us as other hotels on our trip not only provided a free connection but did not restrict access.

All said though, a pretty good experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floors if you seek a view. The hotel is in a built-up area but is tall eno...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
R_McKeeman, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for taking time to write a Trip Advisor review following your stay and your trip to London. Thank you for your helpful feedback about our wifi and we do also offer 30 minutes for free each day which can be used on all devices in a room, this could help while the whole family are using wifi enabled devices. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had time to dine in our great value restaurant and it was great to read that our Team were friendly. I hope you'll get the opportunity to stay with Premier Inn again and please feel free to get in touch with me if I can help with any future bookings. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (528)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I had a great time staying with Premier Inn, Waterloo. It is located very closely (less than 10 mins walk) to the Westminster bridge, London Eye and Waterloo tube and train station. We arrived at around 10am from an overnight New York flight and upon request, they were willing to check us into our rooms so we could least do a wash up before we start our first day in London!

The breakfast is such a great value deal! All you can eat for £8.95! For a city that a single breakfast plate could cost you €4.95 at least, £8.95 for a breakfast with all you can eat breakfast/coffee/juice is like something you would not bypass. The food quality is surprisingly good and all the hot food items are freshly made.

The room is clean and comfortable. Also, it is very quiet and I don't hear any street noise at all!

Love my stay there!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
R_McKeeman, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
It was a pleasure reading how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I'm really pleased that you had a great time in London. We're really proud to offer such a great value breakfast so I'm delighted that you've given it such a good review. I hope you will come back to visit us again in the future and please get in touch with me if there's anything I can do for you before your next stay. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
Tarragona, Spain
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The cleanliness of the rooms, the hotel quiet and friendly staff. Good localitation to visit the center of London. Good price thinking in where you are.
We recommend Premier Inn hotels to be well placed and equipped for families. If you want to be in the center, the Waterloo or the County Hall are very good choices. We have been to both and keeps the same qualityand service.

1 Thank Caravinagre
Thank you for your review and I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was great to read that you recommend us to others and I hope you'll get the opportunity to stay with us again in the future. Please contact me if you have any questions or requests before your next stay. Thanks again for your review and I hope you had a pleasant onward journey. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
Yeovil, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Loved our stay here, except for the poor quality WiFi I had paid for that is!
The room was clean and comfortable, the staff were courteous and professional and just a short walking distance to Waterloo Station and the South Bank.
The breakfasts were a good start to the day too, not fancy but for a budget hotel it was pretty good.

Was going to drop a star for the WiFi, but don't think that's necessary, after all was a great stay.... Just don't buy the wifi!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
R_McKeeman, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for taking time to write a review and for sharing your honest opinions about our wifi. We ordinarily have a great wifi service however there can be peak times which can slow our service. I'd be more than happy to check the wifi port located on the floor you stayed on in case there is a specific issue with it, please get in touch with if you have the opportunity to do so as it would be much appreciated so I can ensure our future guests can enjoy our full service. I do hope you'll also get the chance to stay with us again and you're more than welcome to get in touch with me if you have any specific requests or questions. Thanks again for your review and I hope you had a pleasant onward journey following your stay. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
derbyshire
Reviewed 29 July 2014

we thought this premier inn was in the perfect location,right nr the london eye.as usual with premier inn very clean and friendly staff.my only complaint is around 9am the water was not very hot,just luke warm!we did tell a girl on the reception and she said hadnt heard of any problems befour.i wanted to have a hot shave and she apoligesed but didnt do anything.we have just been to a premier inn in newcastle and the water was red hot.there was even a sign above the tap sayeing"caution hot water"id rarther it be hot than luke warm...bit dissapointing from a big chain which is usually very good with customer service!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
R_McKeeman, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thank you for taking time to write a review and I'm pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm really sorry that our hot water wasn't at a high enough temperature and although the Team Member was correct that we don't have plumbing engineers on site, she did place a callout to our plumbing engineers to ensure that the issue is rectified. I hope that you will get the opportunity to stay with us again and please contact me if there is anything I can do for you before your next stay. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

When we arrived early at the hotel we were greeted by very friendly staff who suggested we leave our luggage in a small secure room so we could start our little sightseeing weekend. On return we were shown to a lovely sparkling clean room with oh such comfortable beds. we very quickly ran out of tea and coffee and staff happily replenished it. Would recomend this hotel because it was clean, friendly and great food...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
At Premier Inn, we pride ourselves on 3 things: great rooms, great team and great value and it was a pleasure reading that we excelled in all 3 aspects during your stay. I hope you had a lovely time sightseeing around London and you enjoyed our close proximity to London's finest attractions. It would be a pleasure welcoming you back again so please get in touch with me if you have any requests or questions before your next stay with us. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights lovely hotel ideally located for sightseeing & shopping. Room large & very clean temperature perfect for summer months. Staff very helpful & professional. Have no negative comments as with most premier inns this one up to standard

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking time to write a Trip Advisor review, it's very much appreciated. It was great to read that you found our team to be helpful and that our air conditioning was perfectly set for the warm summer months. I hope you will come back to stay with us again soon and please contact me if there is anything I can help with before your next stay. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)