Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel
Ranked #201 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Boston, Massachusetts
“A Premier Stay”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I just wanted to take the time to give a quick review to the Premier Inn London Waterloo Hotel. I have stayed at the Premier Inn Manor Royal, before when traveling for work and had a great experience so it only seemed right to stay at another Premier Inn, when traveling to London for a few days of vacation. From the previous hotel, I expected the high level of cleaniness and professionalism and I recieved that at the Waterloo location.

I was constantly checking on websites for the best deal for the location where I wanted to stay. When I came across this hotel and the value and location it offered I knew I had to book it. I booked it, then called the hotel to request a high up floor reading a review that the higher floors gave a better view of the London Skyline, I believe I spoke to Gwen, who told me she made note of my request but did not guarantee a room on a higher floor, well much to my surprise they were able to grant my request and I stayed in room 1302. I was amazed by the view out my window seeing the London Eye right there! It was beautiful, and I think I took so many pictures from that window. It was also interesting walking around the hotel seeing the old and new parts of the hotel come together since this was a former maternity hospital if I remeber correctly from reading previous reviews.

The staff was friendly with check in, storing our bags until our room was available, and very quick to get an iron to my room so I could iron my wrinkled clothes from the flight and train into the city! I have already recommended this hotel to family and friends who were interested in traveling to London. I plan on returning and staying at this hotel again when I make another trip to London for either business or personal.

I honestly can't think of a bad thing that happen during my stay there. The only suggestion I would make for this hotel would be they should offer full free wifi, instead of charging for it, but still not expensive, and they should have an ATM in the hotel lobby.

Great mini vacation at an extremely clean, comfortable, centrally located, friendly staffed and nicely priced hotel! I hope to return again soon and hope I can get the same room if not one more floor up! :)

Room Tip: Request a room on the higher floors, to get a better view of the London Skyline.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
R_McKeeman, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Your review was an absolute pleasure to read, thank you for taking time to write it. Our Team work effortlessly at making our guests feel welcome and ensuring that they have everything they need during their stay. It was fantastic to read that you'll recommend us to your family and friends and feel free to pass on my details below if they have any questions or requests. I hope to welcome you back soon too and you're more than welcome to contact me as well if there is anything I can help with. I hope you had a pleasant onward journey and thank you again for your review. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (528)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bracknell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Just returned from a very enjoyable 2 nights at this hotel - the location is perfect for sightseeing in London which was the purpose of our visit. Covent Garden is just a 10 mins walk and train/underground 5mins walk. All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend the restaurant for great service, and very high quality and value food with an amazing choice. Clean and comfortable rooms and a very quiet hotel considering it's location.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
It was a pleasure reading your review and I'm really pleased that you had such a great stay with us. Our Team pride themselves in delivering outstanding service whether that be by ensuring our rooms are perfectly clean, that our guests feel welcome at Reception or in our restaurant where they serve great value food that tastes great. I hope you'll come back to visit us again soon and please contact me if you have any requests or questions before your next stay. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
Saintfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014

A great location for sight seeing around London. Very clean and friendly. Easy to get to from Waterloo train station, just walk around the corner. Big bus tours at the end of the street and some handy restaurants.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking time to write a Trip Advisor review following your stay. I'm delighted that you had such a great stay with us and that you really liked our central location. We're perfectly located close to the London Eye, the London Aquarium, the London Dungeons plus we're walking distance to Leicester Square, Covent Garden and the stunning Southbank. I hope you'll get the opportunity to stay with us again and please contact me if there is anything I can do to make your next stay just as enjoyable. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
Walton-On-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Cannot fault anything about this Premier Inn, the staff throughout this hotel from Reception through to Housekeeping are friendly, helpful and polite, nothing is too much trouble, in particular a special thank you to Damian on Reception for looking after us and overseeing we were allocated a more suitable room on Monday (this was our fault for the room not the Hotel). Room was very clean and comfortable, again cannot fault anything and great location.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
R_McKeeman, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for taking time to write such a glowing review, it was a pleasure reading how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I know Damian will be delighted that you've given him a personal mention and I know all of our Team enjoy reading guest reviews and comments. I hope you'll get the opportunity to stay with us again and if you have any questions or requests before your next stay please feel free to contact me. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Amazing location - fantastic base for a sightseeing trip to London. Staff were very helpful. Room was clean and comfy. Good price. Breakfast buffet well-stocked and delicious. Can't complain. Had a room with an amazing view. There was a problem with our bill ... but staff dealt very professionally with same within a matter of hours. Can't wait to come back with the family in tow next time!

Room Tip: Higher floors facing the London Eye
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
It was a pleasure reading your review and I look forward to welcoming yourself and the family back in the future. I'm pleased that our team looked after you so well during your stay and that you enjoyed our great value breakfast. If there is anything I can help with before your next stay please feel free to contact me as I'd be more than happy to help. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Ideal base to explore London in the Southbank and just a few minutes walk from the London eye, London Dungeons, and the London Aquarium. You get just what you would expect from the Premier Inn group - reasonable prices, comfy beds with the usual room set up. We experienced problems booking in, on arrival at the hotel our booking could not be found by the self service kiosk by the payment card or reference. When we put our surname in it bought up someone else's details with the same surname. We were helped by a member of staff who had difficulties locating our booking and were then advised that we had already checked in (which we had not). Eventually we were given key cards to a room. When we arrived and let ourselves in we found someone already in the room. We then had to go back to reception and wait whilst they found out who was in that room and to be allocated another room. When eventually we got a room it did not have the cot we had requested and we had to contact reception to get that set up. It played on mine, my husbands and my sons mind, that someone else could have access to our room as we had just walked into someone else's.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback from your stay with us. I don't have your booking details from your review and it would be most appreciated if you could get in touch with me so I can look into this for you if it hasn't already been done so. We take the security of our guests very seriously and I am sorry that you felt concerned during your stay. I hope to hear from you soon and thank you for contacting us. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
Brackley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We recently came back from a trip to London for our silver wedding anniversary. We stayed one night on 15th August and had room 1205. The room was perfect for us, very clean, spacious, hot shower, All I can say is that everything about this hotel is perfect and I have nothing to complain about in the slightest. On arrival the staff were absolutely great, very helpful and polite. Our room was fantastic. We didn't eat there in the evening as we had been on the Orient Express during the day and so was still full up!! We did have breakfast on Saturday morning. It was very busy but a table was quickly readied for us (thanks Harley). The breakfast was brilliant being a buffet type with a huge choice.
When we checked out we was able to leave our luggage in a store room which was really useful as we were going on the London Eye which was just across the road. Each bag dropped off is labelled and you are given a ticket to reclaim the bag when you return.
Just one point though although it didn't spoil our stay was that the road outside (York Road) was quite noisy with Police sirens on and off during the night.
Without a doubt, if I come back to London for an overnight stay this hotel will be at the top of my list for a place to stay.

Room Tip: We had room 1205, excellent views over London. See photos
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
R_McKeeman, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Many congratulations from the Team and I on your Silver Wedding Anniversary. It sounds like you had a wonderful time in London and I'm sure the Orient Express was as special as I hear it is. Thank you for your review and for staying with us and I'll also be sure to let Harley know you've given her a personal mention, I know she'll be delighted. I look forward to welcoming you back again and please contact me if there is anything I can do to make your next stay just as enjoyable. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)