“Great place to stay”

Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel
Ranked #187 of 1,090 Hotels in London
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Three of us stayed in a family room for two nights and had a fantastic time. Superb location just minutes from Westminster and the London eye. Very pleasant and helpful staff(the baggage storage was a real bonus) I'd certainly stay here again.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
R_McKeeman, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you for taking time to write a Trip Advisor review following your stay. I hope you all had a great time exploring London, we're fortunate to have such a central location. It was fantastic to read that our Team Members made you feel welcome during your stay and that they were friendly and helpful. We are pleased to offer luggage storage facilities to our guests which is free and secure. I look forward to welcoming you all back soon and please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or requests before your next stay. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
lincoln, uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Spot on. This was our first stay at a P I. It will b e repeated. On our frequent London stays we have sought the stars. No longer. Who needs overprice 4* places trading on a name or a location? London north and south of the river is very walkable and this budget hotel is handy for bus and tube as well. Theatres, the Eye, Museums, Big Ben - all easy access.
The inside is very clean. Old or new part? If you don't have children I suggest the older part. Bags of atmosphere in a Victorian portico setting and links with the most famous nurse in (English) history.
Food is fine and I leave the accolade to the staff who went the extra mile. No kidding this is 4* in all but name, Take note the ones that rely on being next to Covent Garden. I'll take I I air con, staff, service, location and QUIET ! Love it.

Room Tip: the old part has good spacey feel
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
It was a pleasure reading your review, so wonderfully written and encompassed everything we strive to achieve. The old General Lying In Hospital is such a beautiful building, inside and out and is steeped in history. I'm delighted that you enjoyed staying in the old hospital building and that our Team Members exceeded your expectations of service in a budget hotel chain. Please feel free to get in touch with me if you would like to request a room in the old hospital building next time you stay with us. I hope you had a pleasant onward journey and I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is one of the Best premier hotels I have stayed at.
Once you enter the building the staff are 1st class with there greeting and ease of checking you in.
The hotel is positioned at a prime location near the London eye and Waterloo train station.
It ticks all the boxes for me and will stay here in the future.

• Stayed March 2014
R_McKeeman, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
It was a pleasure reading how much you enjoyed your stay with us and that our friendly Team Members exceeded your expectations during your stay. Thank you for taking time to write a Trip Advisor review following your stay, it's very much appreciated as so many of our future guests enjoy reading guest reviews. I hope to welcome you back in the near future and please contact me if there is anything I can help with before your next stay. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for five nights while on holiday in London. Part of the reason we chose this hotel was it's location - a short walking distance from Waterloo station. It's easy to get around London from here, either on foot or by tube. The hotel itself is very clean and fresh - it still seems brand new - and the old hospital front gives it a great facade. Our room was clean with a very comfortable bed; and we weren't disturbed by traffic noise though we were on the ground floor. All staff we met were very friendly and welcoming, giving a nice atmosphere in the hotel. We did the meal deal one night (two course dinner with one drink, and breakfast) which we thought was excellent value. We will definitely look into coming back here next time we're in London!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your glowing 5 star review, I'm delighted that you both enjoyed your stay because of our location, great value and our friendly Team. I hope that you'll come back to visit us again soon and if you have any questions or requests before your next stay then please do not hesitate to contact me as I'd be more than happy to help. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
Woolacombe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

We recently had a lovely stay at Premier Inn Waterloo. We have always found Premier Inn a good reliable budget hotel. You always know what you are going to get, which is a good comfortable nights sleep, which is sometimes hard to find in London. We had a fabulous room on the 12th floor with views towards the river, the London eye and Big Ben. We watched a spectacular sunset ! The hotel was ideally situated and within walking distance of Covent garden, the houses of Parliament, Buckingham Palace, galleries and the South Bank. We chose rather a busy time to visit London, but the hotel we can't fault. It was good value for money, pleasant with air con in bedrooms and friendly and helpful staff, ideal for a short break in London

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your Trip Advisor review, it was a pleasure reading how much you enjoyed your stay at Premier Inn London Waterloo. It was lovely to read how much you enjoyed watching the sunset over London from one of our rooms, we take room requests for these rooms but they can't always be guaranteed due to the high number of requests we receive. I hope you'll come back to us for a second visit and please feel free to contact me if you have any questions before your next stay. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by our two night stay at Waterloo hotel (2 adults and 2 children 8and 10) The hotel was clean and fresh. The staff were very friendly, helpful and professional. Meal deal was perfect for our trip and took the expense and hassle of looking for alternates. Breakfast and dinner were of a very high standard.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking time to write a Trip Advisor review following your stay, it's very much appreciated. I'm delighted that you all enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our Team Members to be helpful and friendly. It was great to read that you enjoyed our Meal Deal, it's such great value for money. I hope you'll come back to visit us again soon and please get in touch with me if there is anything I can do to help before your next stay. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

I just wanted to take the time to give a quick review to the Premier Inn London Waterloo Hotel. I have stayed at the Premier Inn Manor Royal, before when traveling for work and had a great experience so it only seemed right to stay at another Premier Inn, when traveling to London for a few days of vacation. From the previous hotel, I expected the high level of cleaniness and professionalism and I recieved that at the Waterloo location.

I was constantly checking on websites for the best deal for the location where I wanted to stay. When I came across this hotel and the value and location it offered I knew I had to book it. I booked it, then called the hotel to request a high up floor reading a review that the higher floors gave a better view of the London Skyline, I believe I spoke to Gwen, who told me she made note of my request but did not guarantee a room on a higher floor, well much to my surprise they were able to grant my request and I stayed in room 1302. I was amazed by the view out my window seeing the London Eye right there! It was beautiful, and I think I took so many pictures from that window. It was also interesting walking around the hotel seeing the old and new parts of the hotel come together since this was a former maternity hospital if I remeber correctly from reading previous reviews.

The staff was friendly with check in, storing our bags until our room was available, and very quick to get an iron to my room so I could iron my wrinkled clothes from the flight and train into the city! I have already recommended this hotel to family and friends who were interested in traveling to London. I plan on returning and staying at this hotel again when I make another trip to London for either business or personal.

I honestly can't think of a bad thing that happen during my stay there. The only suggestion I would make for this hotel would be they should offer full free wifi, instead of charging for it, but still not expensive, and they should have an ATM in the hotel lobby.

Great mini vacation at an extremely clean, comfortable, centrally located, friendly staffed and nicely priced hotel! I hope to return again soon and hope I can get the same room if not one more floor up! :)

Room Tip: Request a room on the higher floors, to get a better view of the London Skyline.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
R_McKeeman, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Your review was an absolute pleasure to read, thank you for taking time to write it. Our Team work effortlessly at making our guests feel welcome and ensuring that they have everything they need during their stay. It was fantastic to read that you'll recommend us to your family and friends and feel free to pass on my details below if they have any questions or requests. I hope to welcome you back soon too and you're more than welcome to contact me as well if there is anything I can help with. I hope you had a pleasant onward journey and thank you again for your review. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)