“Premier Inn; Feeling bad” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel

Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel
Ranked #172 of 1,089 Hotels in London
“Premier Inn; Feeling bad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

This was the first of many hotels in a one month EU whirlwind anniversary tour. Arriving from the USA my hotel expectations were very high. I feel bad because I gave the (very friendly staff a little gruff) about small issues (out of soap, towels ect). First of all EU is extremely expensive, and the UK made the EU seem cheap by comparison (lol). After our travels were coming to a head, I realizes that the Premier inn was actually a nice establishment. It was centrally located (on Themes & near Big Ben). Reasonably priced (for UK). Extremely friendly and knowledgable staff, and the beds were very comfortable. Hotel is spacious, quiet, and clean. I would go back for a visit. Sorry staff for being difficult a times. Hope this review helps....

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Matthew A
R_McKeeman, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
We really appreciate that you've taken time to write a Trip Advisor review and I hope that you enjoyed your trip around Europe and your stay with us. We're always happy to help our guests and will do so with smiles on our faces however, I'm sorry to read that your soap had ran out which I appreciate it our fault. I hope you had a pleasant onward journey and should you ever be in the area again, please get in touch with me if there is anything I can help with. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (524)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hampshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014

Only really led down by how small the 'quad' room was - all 3 beds (double, camp, single) attached to each other side to side, touching one side of the room and only a bedside cabinet on the other side. Very cramped but ok for two nights' stay.

Very clean though and comfy double bed. Surprisingly quiet given the central busy location. Some minor street noise heard but nothing that stopped us from sleeping well.

Staff incredibly friendly and helpful. My daughter fell in love with Danny on the first night and said she wanted to marry him (she is 9!)

Would stay again but might ask whether a bigger room was available

Room Tip: room 305 was VERY small for a family of 4
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking time to write a review although it was disappointing to read that we didn't meet your expectations. We like to ensure all our guests are happy throughout their stay and I'm sure one of our Reception Team Members would've moved you all to a larger room had you requested so; we're always happy to help and our Reception is manned 24 hours too. I hope to welcome you back in the future and should you like to request a larger room in advance pleased contact me via my email below. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014

The hotel has a good location, and staff is well trained. The hotel seems to be very efficiently run, as rooms are clean and uncluttered. The check in and check out is very business like efficient....no frills here. Plenty of food options within walking distance.

Room Tip: Choose a room on higher floors to get a good view of the Thames.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
It was a pleasure reading how much you enjoyed your stay with us and that we exceeded your expectations. I'm really pleased that our Team made you feel welcome and that they looked after you all throughout your stay. If you have any questions or requests before your next stay please do not hesitate to contact me and I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

I would line to thank Rachel and her team for making our few days in London really special. From
The minute we arrived to the minute we left we were treated so well. Clean room, clean bathroom, great food in the restaurant, breakfast, courteous staff.
I took my two children to London for the first time but it will not be the last. I will re-book at this hotel. Ten out of ten. And a mention to Sam on reception. He always seemed to be there to help. Thanks guys.

Stayed August 2014
R_McKeeman, Operations Manager at Premier Inn London Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) Hotel, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
We really care about ensuring our guests have a great nights sleep, have great value food and drink and that our service exceeds the expectations of our guests so it was fantastic to read that we've ticked all those boxes during your stay. I do hope you'll come back to visit us again soon and you're more than welcome to get in touch with me if there's ever anything I can help with. I hope you had a pleasant onward journey and thank you for taking time to write a review. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

We recently enjoyed our third stay here and simply can't fault the hotel. A week or so before arriving I contacted the Operations Manager, Rachel, by email and asked if it would be possible to have a room with a view of the Eye. Rachel is always a pleasure to deal with and promised to do her best.

Upon arrival our young daughter was thrilled to see Jack at reception. Jack has looked after us well in the past and greeted us warmly, even remembering which show we saw during our last visit. After a long journey, things like this make a difference.

We were allocated a corner room on the 13 floor with a fab view of the Eye and Big Ben. As usual our room was clean, comfortable and in good condition. The location is brilliant and every member of staff we encountered was courteous, friendly and helpful. Some more expensive hotels we have stayed in could learn a thing or two in terms of recruitment and staff training from this hotel.

During our stay we discovered that Jack has been promoted - very well deserved!

Looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your glowing review, it's very much appreciated from Jack, our team and myself as we're passionate about ensuring our guests have a great stay with us. I'm really pleased that you were all looked after so well and I hope that you'll have the opportunity to come back to us again in the near future. Please feel free to get in touch with me should there be something I can help with before your next stay and I look forward to welcoming you all back soon. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

We visited this Premier Inn for a Birthday celebration, following the excellent reviews on this site. We were not disappointed, the 3 rooms we had were spotlessly clean and 2 had brilliant views across the City towards the London Eye. We ate in the hotel on the first night and the food was very good. The staff at the Hotel are all very helpful and friendly and are a credit to the Hotel. If you want an excellent Hotel in a great location then book this Hotel, we will when next visiting the Capital!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking time to write a Trip Advisor review following your stay, it was a pleasure reading how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you all had a great birthday celebration and I'm really pleased you found our Team Members to be helpful and friendly. It's fantastic to read that you'll come back to visit us again soon and please get in touch with me if you have any questions or requests before your next stay. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)
Newcastle Upon Tyne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

Standard Room for Premier Inn, good quality bedding and furnishings, but that's where it ends.
The Hotel restraint is located in the basement, has no natural light and you feel like you are in a bunker, the food on offer is of limited choice, breakfast offering is not much better, the bacon appeared to have been boiled and not grilled or fried, covered in white globules - not very appetising, toasters are just about non-functional merely warming the bread but definitely not toasting it.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking time to give us feedback following your stay, I hope you had time to give feedback to our team on duty during your shift, if not please do get in touch with me with the date of your dining experience. I will certainly ensure that our toasters are set to the perfect setting during each shift and that our bacon is cooked to perfection. I hope that the service you received during your stay was to our usual high standard as it's something we're equally as passionate about. As mentioned above, please get in touch with me if you weren't able to share details of your feedback to our team at the team as we always seek to use it to continually improve our service. Thank you for your review and I hope you had a pleasant onward journey. Kind regards, Rachel. (opsmgr.londonwaterloowestminsterbridge@whitbread.com)