“Good show but lacking something”
Review of A Chorus Line - CLOSED

A Chorus Line
Rochdale, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Good show but lacking something”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We visited on 26/8. John Partridge was not appearing that night but his understudy did a good job. I was a little disappointed as there were no big stars or the usual 'wow' you normally get from the special effects normal for West End shows. There were only 2 sets for the entire show and one of these involved just a mirrored backing.
For the money they are charging I expected more.
A reasonable night's entertainment but nothing out of the ordinary.

3 Thank aniven

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
88 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Far too Slow”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Sadly whilst really looking forward to seeing this show it was a big disappointment for me. I have not seen the film version so maybe if I had I would have known what to expect but for me there very little dancing and thought that was the point. I was looking forward to seeing some fantastic dancing and whilst what there was was good, the show was about the dancer's journey's to the audition. Luckily I had a cheap deal as if I had paid full price I would have been even more disappointed. The cast were good at what they did just this show was not for me.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Mary E
Ipswich
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Good, but no star”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We went to a Saturday matinee - perhaps because there is another show later, the show's star John Partridge from eastenders, was not in it, which was a big shame. We did get upgraded tickets (presumably because the theatre was not sold out) though. Lovely theatre. Good show. A bit different from the fil - more singing, less dialogue, and a lot more dance. The cast are very good and it was a real tour de force. The dance wasn't all amazing though, if you know your dance - eg, the woman playing Cassie had terrible footwork. Also, in the big number at the end, they did a lot easier choreography than in the film, where they had a different move for every beat

Kingston upon Thames, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really Enjoyed It”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Wow, I can't believe this has had so many bad reviews!! I have been to a number of musicals and this has got to be one of my favourites. I was given tickets as a birthday present and took my mum, we thoroughly enjoyed it. Would definitely recommend it. You can see me full review here - http://whiskshooksandbooks.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/a-chorus-line-review.html

1 Thank Cathy B
Chicago, Illinois
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Excellent Show!”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I grew up loving the movie and the soundtrack. Went to see A Chorus Line on Aug 23rd and it was amazing! I had a such a great time. The singers were really good. I bought my ticket the day before on lastminute.com for 15 pounds and when I picked up my ticket at the box office, I got an amazing seat! I was in row C of the Royal Circle. Overall, excellent show and had a wonderful time!