“Boring, boring, boring”

21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Boring, boring, boring”
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Wish I had read the reviews on TA before my friend and I booked this show. We paid half price for top price tickets and just as well because even half price was not good value! The show was slow and very dated! I saw the film when it first came out and really enjoyed it, so this was a BIG dissapointment. And the audience, that was another experience, when the show had barely started, there were whoops and cheers and whistling and for what? Obviously my friend and I were missing a trick or something!!!!! The theatre was full, no doubt full of tourists, probably from the good old U.S. of A where maybe that's the way they carry on over there during shows. And then at the end a standing ovation! I ask you again, for what? Then members of the cast started saying thanks to the orchestra which was fine, but then a member of the cast, from the above mentioned country started getting all emotional about the emotional journey they had all gone on! Did we care? Hell no, and couldn't wait to get away from all that mush!!!! Don't bother and find another show - there are plenty others that are worth the money one spent on this boring show. Boring dancing, boring costumes and boring backdrops!

1 Thank LCB53

Rochdale, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Good show but lacking something”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We visited on 26/8. John Partridge was not appearing that night but his understudy did a good job. I was a little disappointed as there were no big stars or the usual 'wow' you normally get from the special effects normal for West End shows. There were only 2 sets for the entire show and one of these involved just a mirrored backing.
For the money they are charging I expected more.
A reasonable night's entertainment but nothing out of the ordinary.

3 Thank aniven
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
87 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Far too Slow”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Sadly whilst really looking forward to seeing this show it was a big disappointment for me. I have not seen the film version so maybe if I had I would have known what to expect but for me there very little dancing and thought that was the point. I was looking forward to seeing some fantastic dancing and whilst what there was was good, the show was about the dancer's journey's to the audition. Luckily I had a cheap deal as if I had paid full price I would have been even more disappointed. The cast were good at what they did just this show was not for me.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Mary E
Ipswich
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Good, but no star”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We went to a Saturday matinee - perhaps because there is another show later, the show's star John Partridge from eastenders, was not in it, which was a big shame. We did get upgraded tickets (presumably because the theatre was not sold out) though. Lovely theatre. Good show. A bit different from the fil - more singing, less dialogue, and a lot more dance. The cast are very good and it was a real tour de force. The dance wasn't all amazing though, if you know your dance - eg, the woman playing Cassie had terrible footwork. Also, in the big number at the end, they did a lot easier choreography than in the film, where they had a different move for every beat

Kingston upon Thames, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really Enjoyed It”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Wow, I can't believe this has had so many bad reviews!! I have been to a number of musicals and this has got to be one of my favourites. I was given tickets as a birthday present and took my mum, we thoroughly enjoyed it. Would definitely recommend it. You can see me full review here - http://whiskshooksandbooks.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/a-chorus-line-review.html

1 Thank Cathy B