“very good food”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Description: maze Grill is one of the premier Gordon Ramsay restaurants in London and takes its inspiration from the informal style of New York's grill restaurants. Featuring an exquisite selection of wonderfully fresh fish dishes, we create cuisine that inspires.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

the service was great, the drinks were strong and the food was yummy. we recommend the chicken and the any steak on the menu. The lemon dessert was sensational!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Good . . . genuinely good . . . but not even close to great.

I wanted so much more for this Gordon Ramsay restaurant. Alas - I was surely underwhelmed.

Partly it was my fault. I went without a reservation and ended up at the bar (along with three other single American men - ha). The service was - forgetful to say the least. Every item I ordered was re-requested by the server some 5-minutes after the original order. Then, after having ordered "chips" for my meal - they were completely forgotten. In defense of good customer service, the chips were scratched from the final bill - but still, a top notch place like the Maze Grill should have bar service down to a science.

Two things stick out - the bar-back who washed over 1-million glasses while I sat awaiting my food sipping my club soda was a delightful man of African decent who made every effort to make me comfortable (indeed, he was really the only one that gave me any attention); and, number two - the Austrian Pinot Noir the sommelier recommended was dynamite. Otherwise - the meal I had in Austin, Texas last week far outshines the meal I had at Maze Grill.

Parting notes - there are much better places in a foodie city like London to drop 75 pounds for a seat a the bar.

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Had the bbq spareribs.. they were so tender and good I wanted to sew my body openings shut to keep them inside me.. the best meal I have ever had (sorry mom) the staff was very polite and helpfull, we felt like moviestars in the resturant;) 10 of 10!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We had a nice evening here - the food was great. We have sushi and sashimi starters to share which were excellent. We then had an angus sirloin steak and 'whole' chicken. Be aware all the portions were very large! If you are planning on having the three burger starter I would stick with just that - the man on the next table had it and it was huge (mind you he ate it all). Service was friendly and professional. On the downside, we were rushed through our two course meal in an hour which made the evening short. Also, the grill is very smoky which made my eyes sting. They did turn the extractor fans up after we asked but my clothes smelt like I had been to a barbeque. Wine was very expensive - £39 upwards

1  Thank Catherine W
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Found myself in town on a Saturday Morning, so popped into Maze Grill for breakfast with my godson.

Lovely service, great freshly cooked breakfast and considering the location good value for money