“A Xmas gift”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Mayfair
Description: maze Grill is one of the premier Gordon Ramsay restaurants in London and takes its inspiration from the informal style of New York's grill restaurants. Featuring an exquisite selection of wonderfully fresh fish dishes, we create cuisine that inspires.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I received a red letter day voucher for Christmas by my father in law. We had been a few years before and had a great time. We booked after seeing a show and we were looking forward to our dinner. We arrived and were shown to a table. The waiter came over and explained our menu. We ordered a bottle of wine (£45) and our starters arrived, both not overly keen on sushi but still tasted ok. The main disappointment was when the so called 16oz Chateaubriand steak arrived. It was tiny and I must say not due to any shrinking from cooking as we had it rare and also a little stringy but the side dishes were good (but then the sides should not out shine the steak). The dessert of sticky toffee pudding came but to be honest it was really just a square of pudding with vanilla ice cream. So in the end even with the voucher we still had a £65 bill to pay which included a £20 service charge! All in all a bit of a let down.

GRG R, General Manager at Maze Grill Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear mattc63,

Thank you for your comments and honest feedback , we take all feedback seriously and I will discuss your points with the team. If you would like to discuss further please email me directly at amitjadhav@gordonramsay.com . We hope that you will revisit us in the future.

Regards ,

Amit Jadhav,
Assistant General manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,899)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Booked lunch for 12.45 on Friday, arrived on time to be shown a large and totally empty restaurant.
We were told to chose any table...
there was a huge TV in the corner, I suppose for the World Cup, we had come be for a gourmet lunch, not to visit a sports cafe.
I looked at my son, and we immediately said this is definitely not what we want.
So, we walked.

GRG R, Manager at Maze Grill Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Lewis L,

Thank you for your review in regards to your recent visit at Maze Grill. We would like to express our sincere disappointment to hear of your unsatisfactory experience with us.

Your feedback is very important to us in order to improve the quality and service we provide, therefore may I ask to please contact our Assistant General Manager Amit on amitjadhav@gordonramsay.com, where he would be delighted to assist you further.

We look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My girlfriend booked us a table here for my 21st Birthday. The service was fantastic and the food was delicious! We went on a Thursday and were offered a trio of steak cuts for £35 (see photo attached) which we thought was a bargain. Our waiter brought out a trolley with each cut of steak on and described them to us before ordering.

After our order had been taken, bread was brought to the table and topped up (free). We both ordered starters and shared two side dishes with our mains (and peppercorn sauce for my steak). The portions were huge and we struggled to eat it all. Would definitely return again!

1  Thank CroxleyJD
GRG R, Manager at Maze Grill Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear CroxleyJD,

thank you for choosing Maze Grill for your birthday celebration. With so much choice in London, your decision to join us is a compliment in itself. It makes us very happy that you enjoyed your meal and we hope you will come back and see us soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The meal was fantastic, the bread was good it was so different from all the bread I have tried, Gordon Ramsay is certainly the best chef in the world. We also ordered the cabbage salad, I have never tried raw vegetable before thinking it would taste really horrible but this was perfect in size, texture if it was thicker one mm it would taste bad, I recommend to share with someone as one bowl is huge. Wellington, it had pink in the centre and it goes darker. My friend said it was amazing because it has been in the oven for 45 mins it is impossible for the beef to be pink only. Overall nice experience except they give the wrong change, couldn't be bothered since it was a posh place.

Dear Caterina Z,

First of all, thank you for choosing Maze Grill Mayfair with so much choice in London, your decision to join us is a compliment in itself. It makes us very happy that you enjoyed your meal and we hope you will come back and see us soon.

Regards ,
Maze Grill Mayfair team

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

I came here with a friend this week and had a really enjoyable meal overall.

Started off with a drink in the bar which did some very inventive cocktails.

To start i had the buffalo chicken fillets which were great.

Main course was the 8 pz fillet steak. Sadly the heat of the grill had been too high and whilst it was perfect and tender toward the middle, the outside was so char grilled it was hard to chew.

GRG R, Manager at Maze Grill Mayfair, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear F2116ITpaul,

Thank you for your nice comments.
We are so pleased you enjoyed your meal with us and hope to see you again soon.

Warm Regards