“Nice find”
Review of Hispania London

Hispania London
Ranked #1,319 of 22,557 Restaurants in London
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: City of London
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
“Nice find”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I ate here last night. I was greeted by a friendly host who sat us at our table by the window.

We had a groupon deal and presented excellent value for money. Bottles of wine were from approx £23. There is a large selection of wines on the menu.

The tapas choice was extensive, however the main course menu wasn't as full. We had the scallops and spinach and garlic prawns from the tapas menu, both were excellent. Followed by sea bass and veal, both were very nice. Desserts were excellent, chocolate cake in a delicious orange sauce and cheesecake. The desserts were presented beautifully in small portions.

The service was excellent, and although we had a number of servers, nothing was duplicated or forgotten.

The atmosphere was lively. There is a bar as well as the dining area, but they don't impede on one another.

Ashford, United Kingdom
“We had a Groupon Deal but will be back to pay full price!”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Where do I start? I bought a glass of red wine at £6.50 a glass (reasonable for the City) and it was lovely, really good quality. Then we got stuck in to the Groupon deal-2 Tapas dishes prawns in garlic and scallops with spinach ..both superb. Main dishes-sea bass and veal really delicious. Dessert was chocolate cake with pistachio and orange-so tasty.
Service was helpful and timely. Very Spanish feel with Spanish staff and great food.
We will be back which is not something I say too often with Groupon deals.

London, United Kingdom
“nothing like home.....”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Everything about this place was poor - We started out sitting at the counter we had reserved just in front of the bar. We arrived in good time but it took twenty minutes for our waiter to bring one of the drinks we ordered; when he did come with that he forgot to bring another drink we had ordered at the same time; he apologised profusely and, as an excuse, said that there was only one barman. We didn’t get to order food until 1.35pm despite trying to catch someone’s attention for about 15 minutes and then as we were waiting for our food, we were asked if we would like to move to a table; I didn’t really want to move but it was put to us in such a way that was kind of ‘we need you to move’ so we did.
The food we ordered was average at best; the Calamari were overcooked and the Albondigas cold. The Merluza was delicious but the waiter took the plate away whilst we were trying to eat the peppers!! To add insult to injury one of my guests (who is a vegetarian) ordered a green salad and was given a tuna salad. We had virtually finished our meal and ready to leave when the green salad arrived. When we left I spoke to the head waiter and she kept apologising but it was not a question of apologising – it seems to me these guys are trying to do too much with too few staff and we suffered as a consequence. I was both surprised and disappointed and if it continues I predict they won’t be around long. To add insult to injury i wrote to them along these lines and they couldn't even be bothered to contact me - enough said!

• Visited January 2014
London
“Good in parts”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Ate there last night on the Groupon deal. Ordered two tapas but only one arrived. Asked the waiter where the other one was and he said it was on its way. Finally arrived 20 minutes after the first one and the waiter admitted the kitchen had missed the order. He served us a free extra dish as compensation. Two of the three tapas were excellent, one appeared overcooked. The two mains were disappointing: sea bass was overcooked, the suckling pig appeared undercooked. Excellent desserts and a nice Spanish liqueur. The service was friendly but muddled. Twice we were given someone else's order. There are clear management problems here. A shame because Spanish cuisine has so much to offer.

London
“Did not disappoint”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Purchased an exceptional value Groupon deal giving a main, tapas dish, dessert and glass of wine/cava too. I found the staff friendly and attentive, the food was really good (our waitress advised one of our startes was "quite small" - the cheese bites - they were, so she gave them to us free of charge, much apprecaited!) garlic prawns were really tasty and my main of seabass was cooked to perfection. I liked the layout and ambiance of the place and when we had a problem the manager could not apologise enough, addressed it personally immediately and my friend was given another glass of wine as an apology. Various staff waited on our table and didn't seem to communicate between themselves as we got asked about the same thing more than once, but that is the only fault I have and I would certainly return.