“Guided Tour with David, Highly Recommended!”

London Private Tours
Ranked #56 of 821 Tours in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: London Private tours offers select sightseeing tours of London and day tours from london with a Qualified Blue Badge guide either on foot,using public transport or by Luxury Vehicle.Our Private Groups receive that special personal service that makes their day enjoyble and a memorable experience that they will remember for many years.
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My mom and I booked a trip to London to spend some quality time together and experience something new. We could only get away for a few days and had a long list of sights we wanted to see in a short window of time. Hence, we decided to book a private tour.

David Hamed is hands down one of the most pleasant, accommodating, and knowledgeable tour guides I have ever met. Many tour guides that I have experienced in the past have been stuffy, reciting facts with no personality, not David. Another review states that he feels like a friend, which is absolutely accurate, and proof that he can adapt to any audience. Not only can David provide a wealth of knowledge on the typical tourist "hot spots" he also can provide fun facts for all ages, like where certain scenes of Harry Potter were filmed. David goes out of his way to make you feel comfortable on your tour.

As much as I loved touring with David the first day around the city of London, I have to say that the second day was my favorite. On our second day trip we visited Windsor Castle and Highclere Castle. Am I obsessed with "Downton Abbey", castles, and British culture in general? Yes. So you would assume that David didn't have to do much, but here is what he did do that I felt was exceptional. Or rather, didn't do. He didn't hover. He knew the perfect balance of when to give more information and when to give my mom and I space to take it in. I would say that out of all of David's skills, his ability to read people and relate to them tops the list. When you are traveling in another country, you want to feel safe and comfortable while experiencing something different. You also want things to run smoothly. David makes this possible.

What are you waiting for? Stop reading this and book a tour with him!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
in 9 reviews
"great tour"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 14 May 2014

David was our guide for 4 days in London. He was prompt, informative and took no time at all for him to feel like part of the family. David took us to Windsor Castle, Hampton Court, Harry Potter Studios, Laycok, Bath and Stonehenge. He was driver and guide and great at both. Do not hesitate to call him. You will be glad you di.

1  Thank Beth B
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Every time my family goes abroad, it's always a must for us to have a private tour with a guide. Lucky for us, we were able to find this tour! David Hamed, the tour guide, is a certified Blue Badge tour guide. This means that he studied the attractions and the stories behind it. He was very informative each day that we met, very patient in answering all our questions and he was very honest and transparent.

Another thing about David is that, he knows how to take care of his clients. My family consists of a child with autism, my 75 grandmother, my parents and I. We were just five but, we kept asking him questions, he wasn't in a rush in walking, he also kept us hydrated by giving us drinks in the Volkswagen van that he has. In addition, he also gave us fast passes to the London Eye and the Windsor Castle. We didn't have to queue in the long lines. We just continued our trip in a smooth manner.

London isn't only about attractions. There are also gorgeous houses, famous movie scenes shot and a lot of lovely parks to walk around in. David was so kind to drive us along the streets of the houses where celebrities and athletes live. He showed us the Notting Hill Bookstore and some of the markets where we go to if we have the time. Last but not the least, he was able to bring us to a park where there was a beautiful view of a lake. We just took so pictures and we continued on.

My family and I have traveled the world with tour guides, however, no tour guide can beat David with his attitude, great personality and flexibility. If you will go to London, make sure to book him. It is so worth and you will learn more that you can imagine! -Micah, Philippines

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank delcarmenmicah
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We used David Hamed to take our family to the airport as we emigrated to Australia. It was an emotionally charged ride with a lot of nerves and tension (my wife, me and threee children between 11 and 6) and David was superb. He arrived bang on time allowed us space to say farewells while dealing with the bags and also entertaining the children as the good byes went on so long. He was concious of the emotion and was great in making us all feel comfortable and relaxed.
I had also used David a number of times for pick up and drop off at airports when on business which is probably not his main business, however he was always on time, drove really well and seemed to know when I wanted to talk or when I was tired or stressed and wanted the thinking time.
Now we live in Australia I will certainly be having a proper tour or two with London Private Tours when we are back in the country as I can't imagine we would find anyone better.
Thanks London Private Tours and David, superb!

Date of experience: July 2013
1  Thank Jasonmilton
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 April 2014

After booking our trip to London we decided to research tours that were available in the city and to the countryside. We did not want a crowded group tour; we wanted someone who would tailor our tours to our interests. We discovered that the best tour guides in the UK had the designation of “Blue Badge” tour guides. They must pass courses to gain this designation and are extremely knowledgeable in either specific areas or in many different areas. As we did not want to be pinned down to any one area we picked David because his profile said that he would offer us a wide variety of expertise in different areas.
We booked two tours with David. The first was a full day tour of London the day after we got there. Before we arrived David made sure to question us on what our interests were. The day of the tour David picked us up at our hotel and took us on an all day tour of the city. We drove, walked and rode the underground. He hit every location we had thought of and more. He paid particular attention to our daughter’s request to see some Harry Potter locations. He showed us all that we requested and constantly surprised us with many more. David’s knowledge of Harry Potter was as good as his knowledge of anything else and even put our daughter to the test with many of the sites he showed us.
A tip: If you choose David do not pin him down to one or two locations for your tour. Although he is fully capable of giving you a great tour of any museum or other location in the city I think the best way to use his services is to get knowledge of as many areas as possible and then go back for a more detailed tour on your own. This is what we did. After our tour we spent the next two days touring on our own using all of the tips David gave us and it worked out wonderfully. David is also a family man and understands family needs which makes it even more enjoyable. And for those who cannot be separated from the internet he even has WIFI in his car.
The second tour we booked with David was of Oxford and the Cotswold’s. It was another delightful day and again just what we had asked for. One of the highlights was lunch at a delightful little inn in the country.
Touring with a private guide is more costly than booking a group tour. But if you are looking for something different and for personal attention then it is worth every penny, as long as you have the right guide. After David dropped us off at the hotel for the last time we looked at each other as if it was going to be the last time we were going to see an old friend. And that is how touring with David will make you feel, like you are touring with an old friend.
I highly recommend David’s services to anyone.

Date of experience: March 2014