“Lunch before the show.”

Cuisines: American, Irish, British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The atmosphere on this balmy day was very conducive to to a leisurely lunch, with a wonderful cuppa tea to finish, at very reasonable prices. Thanks to the staff who made the visit worthwhile on my birthday.

2  Thank John E

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Another successful jaunt down to London and we ate at Philomena's a couple of times.

This is a sports bar selling decent pub grub. It is decent pub food and you wont be disappointed. We have been in here several time over the years and are always treated with a smile and friendly chat.

1  Thank johnloughray
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The atmosphere was seriously the best I found in London. It was relaxing and conducive to a person going solo; out of the zoo that is London and yet quality and welcoming. The food was also awesome:: coming with a salad and fries. I ordered the lamb burger. Good brew as well. Staff was friendly. Comes recommended.

2  Thank Katie M
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Went here for breakfast this morning. Absolutely gorgeous traditional Irish breakfast with potato bread, white pudding, soda farls. Good quality food. Best breakfast I've had away from home, service was great too. Highly recommended if you want to cure a hangover, or set you up for a day pounding the streets of London.

3  Thank Claire G
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I went to this place because it has got more than 10 screens which today,at the same time, are showing a rugby match. Which is OK. On two of these screens it is said that the football match between Italy and Ireland will be shown. I arrive 1 hour before just to reserve a sit but it is crowded as hell. OK no problem, I will wait 1 hour for the match to be shown. In 15 minutes, the waitress come to us 3 times saying that we must buy some food or beers. Fine, we get beers and sandwich. 30 min to go. It is incredibly warm. But we can handle it. Finally, the time comes..but no football match is on any screen and the rugby goes on. I tell the owner that it is time to change. He answers that he won't because there are too many people that will be disappointed. So I tell him that we have been waiting for 1hour. The only answer I receive is 'I will turn one screen’ , A 13' SCREEN IN THE WORST 5MT SQUARE OF THE PUB. In conclusion, me and a lot of Italian and Irish people have lost almost 30min of the match
I never thought that someone could fake their customers in this way, not even being sorry.

2  Thank Pasquale P