“Delightful sushi” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #97 of 22,202 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$5 - US$18
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Greenwich
“Delightful sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

I have been a returning customer of Zaibatsu since we live relatively close by. The sushi just never ceases to amaze and it is the reason why I will keep coming back. Really delicious and it so tender it just melts in your mouth. Unbeatable for this price and one of the best I've ever had. You can also bring your own booze which makes it even cheaper.

As for the other meals, I haven't tried too many but I haven't found them as enticing. And the green tea ice-cream I once ordered was smelling of fish which was not great. Maybe it was a one off though.

Nonetheless, the exceptional sushi makes up for all the other cons (like little space, etc.) and I always recommend to it to everyone. Take Dragon rolls - they are a real explosion of senses!!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Ola J

• Polish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“'''Hidden Dragon Crouching Tiger...""""”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

I was hesitate when there are negative reviews here. And the recent bad review seems like trying to "malign" or "bad mouth" zaibatsu (perhaps certain ppl envy or is the enemy of the boss **purely guessing)
Well, seems like there are more good reviews, and are among top 15 in trip-advisor chart, I still decided to give myself an opportunity to expand my dining choices for Asian cuisine. and the most important one is the food price range are affordable too.
Unexpectedly, I am real satisfied with the taste and the food variety in Zaibatsu. As I was dine in alone, can't order much food and can't taste many other of them, therefore I will absolutely bringing my friends along soon to have a great meal!
Last but not least, if you are looking for a posh environment or atmosphere and willing to pay for it, I would suggest you to go to west end Gordon Ramsay and other high end restaurant.

1 Thank Goman24
“Good Food and Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Do not be put off by the outside the food makes up for every thing else, my wife and I had a wonderful selection . The soft shell crap was A1++++ . The Chinese chef does a wonderful job. The staff was polite and helpful when asking about certain items. We will be back. One word of warning parking is not easy pay and display around the back, and the tables are quite close together. (Does not take credit cards)

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank hardware44
Milan
“Great value for amazing Japanese food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Great sushi (I would recommend Volcano rolls) at very low price. The setting is a little more than informal but cosy and the service is good. There are only few seats available so it's a good idea to book in advance or to arrive after 21.30 pm. Note: BYO alcohol.

2 Thank Karvenn
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing restaurant in Greenwich”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Awesome place to try some sushi that is great testing, I would say it is one of my favorite restaurant ,only it is small so better book in advance, I would recommend the Vocanorolls ,Norwegian rolls,seven kinds of Sashimi the fish was fresh and well prepared ,kataifi prawn ,Aubergine with goma sauce,lamb cutlet was outstanding.i would strongly recommend this restaurant Gan Ba Tte Ne Zaibatsu .

• 3 of 5 bubbles