“Perfect”

Finsbury Serviced Apartments
Ranked #46 of 949 Speciality Lodging in London
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We rented the two bedroom apartment, basically because of its proximity to Emirates Stadium, with a planned arrival for late Sunday night. Instructions for entry into the building and apartment were emailed to us prior to our trip. The building is around the corner from Finsbury Station, as mentioned in many of the reviews, and makes it easy to travel by train or tube anywhere you want to go. The neighborhood is eclectic, busy and has several great ethnic restaurants/take out places. As is also mentioned, don't let the outside of the building scare you off. The apartment itself was immaculate, well furnished and seems to have been renovated recently. We were surprised that it had two bathrooms, one an ensuite. As with the rest of the apartment, they were well appointed - and the towel warmers were a treat, once we figured out how to use them. The stadium is a few minutes walk, so if you've managed to get Arsenal tickets and are looking for a great place to stay, this is it. Actually, because the train station is literally a 5 minute walk, it's a great place to return to after taking in the any of the sights of London. Would we return? Absolutely.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
FinsburyApartments, General Manager at Finsbury Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Thank you for your positive comments. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.

You stayed in our newly opened two bedroom apartment. We hope to add some sofa beds next year so it could accommodate up to 8 people!

I will look into some kind of notice for the towel warmer. They come on when the heating is on, but also have an electric switch.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

The problem about writing a good review of a place to stay in London is that everyone will know about it and its no longer the best kept secret. And that's what Finsbury Apartments is - a wonderfully clean, large and spacious. At first glance no one will realise how large it is. Location isn't the best as its away from Central London, but its literally 30 meters from the entrance of London Underground station. The staff at the reception are great (Anthony and Pavos) and they go to great lengths to help guests.

The checking in procedure is slightly strange, as you have to collect the key from the registered address and the apartment is some 50 meters away. Lots of nice restaurants and clothing retail shops nearby.

Considering the many horror stories one hears about London, for the price we paid, this was a very good deal. The apartments are fairly new and well kept and has good amenities. Large screen TV, living room, kitchenette and a washing machine, fridge and such.

Room Tip: Staircase is very narrow, so the lower floors are better if you have heavy luggage
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your positive feedback. One of our assets is our proximity to the Underground, 15 minutes and you are in the West End!

Next time you come we will be happy to help with your luggage, just ask! Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

The apartment itself is great - really nicely furnished and a great use of space. Very clean and well equipped, comfortable bed and good shower. Especially pleased with the earl grey tea!!! We know the area really well as we used to live nearby, so expected some noise from outside - however this was fine; once the blinds were down and curtains drawn we couldn't hear or see the super busy Saturday of Finsbury Park. What was really noisy however were the other occupants of the building - on the Sat evening as we were getting ready to go out there was constant noise of people going up and down the communal stairs - loudly- and the slamming of doors. In the morning, as of 7.30 - 8am there was banging and noise from upstairs - sounding a bit like someone hoovering or cleaning. Not the best wake up call. The walls are clearly very thin!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VjA71
FinsburyApartments, General Manager at Finsbury Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you for your positive feedback about the apartments.

I am sorry that you were inconvenienced by noise in the hallway/stairs. I can assure you that we have invested heavily in the construction of the apartments. Cleaning of the apartments does not begin until 11am and should be finished by 2pm so I am very surprised that you heard hoovering that early in the morning. I will investigate this matter and make sure that it does not happen again.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I booked the apartment as I was taking a new girlfriend into london on a budget to see her first Arsenal game. I needed somewhere local and easy to get to and from so we could have a night out in London too. What I got was excellent service, an apartment of an excellent standard and found a great little pre-match cafe for breakfast!!

We arrived Saturday and initially I though the area needed smartening up - but this is North London and the price reflects this. Pay more and you can stay in the center! We went to check in and were informed that the reception would be closed on the Sunday - immediately I panicked as we had bags and didnt want to take them to the game. No problem, they arrange for us to leave them next door. The gentleman at the cafe looked after our bags and could not have been more helpful - good old fashioned London hospitality! Accepted his offer and went to our apartment and found the standard to be higher than some of the more expensive hotels I have stayed in - infact Ive paid twice as much for half the quality!

The use of space is excllent, extremely clean and very comfortable!! I travel to London 2-3 times a month and will now be staying here rather than the more expensive hotels that I am usually booked in - thats hoping this little North London gem has the free rooms as once word gets out I have a feeling gettting a room will be more difficult!!!!

Scott, Liverpool

Room Tip: Remember its what is inside that counts!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
FinsburyApartments, General Manager at Finsbury Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Dear Scott,

Thank you for your review I will pass on your feedback to my team. I am glad that they provided the standard of service that I want us to be known for. We try and treat guests how we expect to be treated when we stay somewhere!

Next time you need a room please contact me directly and I will try and look after you.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I needed to be staying in this area and choose the one bedroom apartment. My wife arrived a few days before me and stayed on for another 20 days after I left. What can I say? The boss Anthony was just great, from the booking, the check-in arrangements, the housekeeping services to being very friendly.

I said I had to stay here due to a location issue and was unsure about the area. Well now even though I may not have reasons to stay in this area I will select it for my future stays. I love being in a servcie apartment compared Hotel. So much freedom and can cook simple food. It could not be more convenient than it is. 30 minutes from London City airport. 50 minutes door to door Heathrow airport. About 8 minutes to heart of London by tube selection. One evening I had free I decided to take bus number 29 all the way down to Trafalger Square. What a way to see London.

The apartment is only max two minutes from metro line, is very clean, very safe, some great shops and bakery in the area and the apartment became home. In fact we are booked in for another week late October and look forward to it.

Room Tip: I read about noisy rooms in previous comments. I never noticed this at all. A quiet area indeed just...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Dominic,

Thank you for your review. You have highlighted many of the benefits of staying in a serviced apartment over a hotel and when staying with us you have independently accredited 4* star accommodation at reasonable rates. I am glad that you enjoyed it and will pass on your feedback to my team. See you again in October!

Reviewed 1 June 2013

Stayed for three nights, very clean, good location & well equipped. Area not the best but felt safe, lots of people about. Close to all shops, cafe's & bars, tube round the corner. Stairs steep and narrow but not a big issue. Comfy bed, blinds & curtains on windows so good degree of blackout when sleeping. Futon not so great though, my 14yr old son wasnt impressed with it but slept ok. Could do with some hooks for coats, scarfs, brollies etc. and an extra mirror only a small one in the bathroom. It did get quite hot in the apartment so could do with a ceiling fan, opening windows while in the apartment not an option because of the noise from the roads. Only big snag was the perpetual sound of traffic, defo need ear plugs!! All in all loved this place, will recommend it & will stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room on top floor at the back
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
FinsburyApartments, General Manager at Finsbury Serviced Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Thank you for your positive review despite the issues you encountered. We are a new venture and appreciate feedback that can help us improve.

I am going to look at installing coat hooks and an additional mirror into all of the apartments. These are easy fixes and I believe will improve the guest experience.

In regard to the heat I decided not to install air conditioning when designing the apartments and I regret this. I plan to rectify this over the winter period and install units in the apartments.

I hope that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Booked just the one night as we were seeing Muse at The Emirates (about a mile away).Some pople have complained about the location, its North London for goodness sake, not Kensington or Chelsea!

Doesn't look much from the outside but don't judge a book by it's cover.Rooms are very modern, clean, lovely kitchen with hob ove, microwave, cups, utensils, wine glasses etc, very comfy bed (slept like a log), nice 32" TV with freeview, iron, bathroom was small but excellent shower with piping hot water.

People have complained about traffic noise, well we were on the top floor at the back of the building and you could have heard a pin drop.

Tube is pretty much next door, central London only abot 20 mins away, a highly recommended little place and some where I wouldn't hesitate in returning to.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank georgevader

Thank you for your positive review. I do not believe I could address this issue better. It was a real positive boost for me and my team to read.

Our Serviced Apartments are situated in an urban setting with the benefit of exceptional transport links. The price reflects our location and our independently accredited star rating provides accommodation which is superior to our local competitors.

I am really glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will come back soon. Please introduce yourself next time so that I can personally say thank you.