“Loved it”

Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
“Loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

I visited chimney cakes last night , and I couldn't decide between savoury or sweet , so I got a garlic and cheese and a cinnamon. Both were great and surprisingly filling. Great place for a casual , no nonsense meal. The chimney cakes were baked fresh , and took about 10 minutes to get served. I would highly recommended it. The cinnamon chimney cake was my favourite. Will definitely be visiting again.

• Visited March 2014

“Creative Chimney Cakes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

Chimney cakes are so cool.
I had savory, it was the cheese and garlic with the hotdog and it was perfect.
My husband had the goulash soup and plain chimney and the size was perfect for lunch.
There was a little dish of sweet chimney cakes to try and a good selection of drinks.
Didn't need to wait for the food and yet was super fresh.
Great price for lunch.
They donate to a youth charity and the whole feel of the place is really positive.
2 minute walk from Finchley Road Tube.
Seating inside was ample for a little place and staff were really lovely and explained what a chimney cake was and the different kinds.
Lovely to have such an interesting and different coffee/food shop in this area.

• Visited January 2014
“I love chimney cakes!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

I first had a chimney cake when I visited Prague. I was happily surprised when I found that a chimney cake shop opened locally! I get one of these for weekend breakfast (shared with my wife) regularly. They are made to order fresh and we love the cakes and the shop!

• Visited September 2013
“Unique bakers in London”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

Went there just before closing time but had time for a nice cappuccino whilst waiting for our takeaway sweet chimney cakes to be made. The cakes themselves seemed more like bread to me and were quite large in size which made them quite filling, but they had more ish quality to them.
Staff were helpful as I did not have a clue as to what to order at the time. Chimney cakes are tasty.

• Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent little place - weird location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Great place, new concept, would strongly recommend. The chimney cakes were tasty, and reasonably priced. Feels like it would do much better in a more trendy location - should have set up shop in Soho or something. In Swiss cottage, I fear they may not have the right demand. I could be wrong, though, and in any case, that is hardly the fault of the restaurant, so I'm going to give it 5 stars, as my lunch couldn't have been better - and great service too.

• Visited May 2013