“It may be called Indian Express... ”

Indian Express. West Kensington
Ranked #84 of 23,379 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Your local for fine indian cuisine in west kensington
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

... But the care that goes into their dishes i think the name can detract from that. There is no express about it... This place is by far the best Indian takeaways I have ever had! Though its my most local and I have many to chose from... I will no doubt use this as my first choice. Nice people too... Who clearly have pride in what they do

2  Thank Darren L

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Also in the new location Indian Express never fails to deliver great Indian food, fresh ingredients, good variety (best spicy chicken tawa in London), and always great service. Bring your own beer from across the street.

1  Thank Olsson123
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

No pretension, no enormous queues, no over-inflated prices - just great food.

Indian Express is a gem. Unusual dishes such as the fiery Tawa, the rich and tender lamb Sagwalla and the delightful green chilli and mango Rojob Naan elevate this above its peers.

Do not expect white table clothes - do expect great Indian food.

5  Thank Will O
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

It may not seem like a destination but it is one of the best Indian restaurants in London. It is well worth a trip to West Ken to check it out. My top choices on the menu at the garlic green chicken shashlick, the King Prawn Puri, the Razalah, the Sagwala, the Special Lamb Bhuna and the Tawa. The lime pickles are also some of the best I've had anywhere and you need to select that separately with popadoms. I particularly love the rich creamy almond and chilli of the Razalah.

It may be a down or an upside for you but it is quite small and not fancy -- but the service is extremely friendly and it is byob.

In general the menu is very fragrant and fresh. Some if the dishes are hot but you can just be careful on the menu or ask.

4  Thank David T
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Agree with all of the other 5-Star reviews. This place is amazing. My buddy found this on TA and we could not have been more pleased. It is by far the BEST Indian food that I have ever had, to include a visit to India. The brothers are absolutely lovely. Once I made my choice, the younger brother described how my dish was made. The brothers were very attentive throughout the entire meal (although not pesky by any means). The worst part was only being able to dine one time since we were scheduled to fly home. No doubt, when in London again, this will be one of my first stops.

2  Thank travelnotenuf