“Unpretentious, awesome food and great service”

Indian Express. West Kensington
Ranked #67 of 22,834 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Your local for fine indian cuisine in west kensington
Edmonton, Canada
“Unpretentious, awesome food and great service”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Don't let the name fool you. This is a gem in a city full of Indian restaurants. A small quaint unpretentious restaurant in West Kensington. The owner (Rocky) recommended green chilli chicken which was amazing. We also tried lamb zalfrezi and chicken tikka masala. All dishes had a great balance of flavors and spiciness. Not greasy or too salty, just right. The service is excellent and I can't say enough kind words about Rocky who is so friendly and makes you feel right at home. The prices are amazing compared to other overrated restaurants. I will highly recommend this restaurant to all my friends. We still have a few days left in London and will probably be back again....and again.

• Visited August 2014
5 Thank Nancy0207

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
“Very good - but take your time”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The express is only in this lovely restaurant name - we were waiting for quite a while for the food to come, but not in vain.
The food was excellent and the service was attentive and efficient.
It is a family run restaurant and one of the three brothers who run and own the place (so we'd understood) was our waiter, and gave us the feeling that we're in good hands, although he was a little over zealous in marketing his restaurant.
we had vegetable Biryani and vegetable Balti - both dishes were delicious and the prices are reasonable.
All in all it's a good Indian restaurant and if we would have lived around we'd probably return.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Ron D
Canberra, Australia
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We went to this restaurant based on reviews and were very happy with the choice. The service was charming and attentive and the food very good. It only seats 18 people so call and book if you want to get a table.

Visited August 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“lovely surprise”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I have never been a big fan of Indian express, but as I was rushing at my meeting, I thought to step by and take food. I was pleased and surprised of the variety of dishes, and as I am not introduced with Indian cuisine, friendliness of the staff, which really helped me through the process f choosing perfect meal. Loved it !

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Eimantas P
texas
“I didn't do my homework”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Before going to this restaurant please study your map carefully I had no idea it would be a $40 cab ride each way from our location in Chelsea .
Unfortunately our night was doomed before we even got there, my husband was a little upset about my mistake. I went completely on the reviews here on trip advisor. It is a very tiny restaurant and very very casual. The people who ran it could not have been nicer and the food was fine. I just don't know how it could be number 11 of all the restaurants in London.

4 Thank valgal13