“Brilliant pub”
Review of The Ravensbourne Arms - CLOSED

The Ravensbourne Arms
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Ravensbourne Arms is a beautiful pub located on Lewisham High Street. We have everything you could possibly want to find in a pub: five real ale hand pumps on constant rotation, several local and overseas craft beers. As for food, our menu is traditionally British, but with a clever twist, always cooked from scratch.If you’re looking for more than just a place to eat great food and drink great beer then why not have a game of Foosball, Bar Billiards or maybe Streetfighter II on our retro games machine? And don’t forget the big sun trap of a beer garden at the back of the pub!
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I decided to try this place by recommendation of my father, and that we'd eaten at the sister pub (Catford Bridge Tavern) and wanted to see whether it would be as good. I actually think it was better, we had a brilliant time.

Like it's sister pub, the layout is very spacious which was really important to us as we were bringing our newborn baby in her pram. There's also a large disabled toilet with good changing facilities. I'm glad I'd pre-booked a table as It was very busy on Sunday, with lots of families there etc.. We were warned in advance that there might be a bit of a delay on the food as there had been a lot of orders put through at the same time. Despite the delay the food was definitely worth it, it was the best roast dinner i've had out in the area and I will definitely be going back!

The staff were lovely, the food great and the ambiance just perfect - I'd definitely recommend coming here.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We went here on a Friday lunchtime ( the only week day lunchtime it is open). It was not very busy so plenty of tables. They have a back garden to sit in nothing special but does the job. Menu is varied with lots of yummy choices, including vegetarians. The portions were well sized, everything is handmade including the chips. I would have liked to see Heinz tomato ketchup though rather than the cheap stuff.
Service is excellent, very friendly staff, prices maybe a little too expensive for the area. Good choice if nearby or passing.
Very close to the hospital if your visiting or wanting to take someone some nice hot food!

Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

First pub we visited during our London Trip and very climatic place. Both beer and ale were tasty and service was really nice and helpful. Wi-Fi inside saved out day ;)

Reviewed 9 April 2013

The Ravensbourne Arms is the sister pub of The Catford Bridge Tavern, which CAMRA declared "The Best Pub in South-East London 2013".

The Ravensbourne is right up there. Great food, lovely staff and loads of space. Wonderfully quirky and fun.

Reviewed 27 March 2013

The Ravensbourne Arms is by far the best pub in the Lewisham area and possibly the whole of southeast London. The atmosphere is comfortable and cosy, with sofas and books as well as tables and stools at the bar. They have an excellent revolving list of real ales and ciders and they keep their beer exceptionally well. The food is definitely a cut above your regular pub fare and not badly priced. The staff are fantastic -- friendly and always up for a laugh. And there's a pub cat who might come say hello. I've had some great evenings here and I'm sure I'll have many more.

1  Thank CaptSensible