“Quite good”
Review of The Ravensbourne Arms - CLOSED

The Ravensbourne Arms
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Ravensbourne Arms is a beautiful pub located on Lewisham High Street. We have everything you could possibly want to find in a pub: five real ale hand pumps on constant rotation, several local and overseas craft beers. As for food, our menu is traditionally British, but with a clever twist, always cooked from scratch.If you’re looking for more than just a place to eat great food and drink great beer then why not have a game of Foosball, Bar Billiards or maybe Streetfighter II on our retro games machine? And don’t forget the big sun trap of a beer garden at the back of the pub!
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Stopped here for a late Sunday lunch when visiting son & daughter-i-l in Catford. The staff were pleasant and helpful.m we had the veggie 'roast' of butternut squash and lentil. Very nice. Served with excellent roast potatoes and mixed veg. One had the lamb roast that was also very nice. At £10 for veggie and £13 for lamb, it was good value.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

I had high hopes for this pub, since the previous Coach and Horses was dire. I gave it a few chances, but now it is on my blacklist. I went with a friend and waited for ages even though they weren't busy at all. When I had the temerity to ask if it was possible to get a beer, the barman insulted me and went back to drying glasses.

Most of the reviews here must have been written by Antic stooges, since there is little to recommend the place.

The interior has been stripped, so the acoustics amplify even a small amount of chatter. When it's busy, you have to shout.

The decor is the usual mish-mash of clearance furniture that Antic specialize in (i.e cheap and chaotic). They call it "quirky".

The food is just as uninspiring and as over-priced as you would expect from a place like this..

The "beer garden" at the back is just a rear car park surrounded by crumbling masonry. They have bought a small number of miserable plants. On the weekends, spoilt middle-class brats run around unchecked while their parents sip Chardonnay unconcernedly. The noise from the kitchen extractor fan explains the pervasive smell of chip-oil.

It is no better sitting out front; since the wailing of sirens from passing ambulances and police vehicles is constant. For once, you envy the Lewisham alcoholics you can see drinking cheap cider in the cemetery across the road.

3  Thank Zara T
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I decided to try this place by recommendation of my father, and that we'd eaten at the sister pub (Catford Bridge Tavern) and wanted to see whether it would be as good. I actually think it was better, we had a brilliant time.

Like it's sister pub, the layout is very spacious which was really important to us as we were bringing our newborn baby in her pram. There's also a large disabled toilet with good changing facilities. I'm glad I'd pre-booked a table as It was very busy on Sunday, with lots of families there etc.. We were warned in advance that there might be a bit of a delay on the food as there had been a lot of orders put through at the same time. Despite the delay the food was definitely worth it, it was the best roast dinner i've had out in the area and I will definitely be going back!

The staff were lovely, the food great and the ambiance just perfect - I'd definitely recommend coming here.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We went here on a Friday lunchtime ( the only week day lunchtime it is open). It was not very busy so plenty of tables. They have a back garden to sit in nothing special but does the job. Menu is varied with lots of yummy choices, including vegetarians. The portions were well sized, everything is handmade including the chips. I would have liked to see Heinz tomato ketchup though rather than the cheap stuff.
Service is excellent, very friendly staff, prices maybe a little too expensive for the area. Good choice if nearby or passing.
Very close to the hospital if your visiting or wanting to take someone some nice hot food!

Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

First pub we visited during our London Trip and very climatic place. Both beer and ale were tasty and service was really nice and helpful. Wi-Fi inside saved out day ;)