“Amazing Experience”

La Bourse
Price range: US$19 - US$52
Cuisines: French, Steakhouse, Seafood, Mediterranean, Grill
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: City of London
Description: Until as recently as 2004, 60 Threadneedle Street was the site of the former London Stock Exchange. Today, this former bustling trading floor has been transformed into a unique and contemporary French gastronomic paradise, still bustling with city folk, but rather than shouts of anguish while trading the world’s money, there are sighs of delight as taste buds explode with the incredible and varied selection of French Cuisine.It’s taken years of articulate planning and research, carried out at the very best restaurants across the world to prepare Threadneedle Street.The sophisticated design and layout provides an elegant and comfortable space for the city to enjoy breakfast, lunch, afternoon coffee, evening dinner or cocktails and the meticulous attention to detail means every table has a fascinating view.Two side bars offer the finest freshly made coffee, alongside vibrant Patisserie and Savoury stands, as beautiful to look at as they are to taste.From the creator of La Palais du Jardin comes La Bourse, French gastronomy at its finest.
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing Experience”
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

I couldnt have wished for anything more! Wonderful service, beautiful choice of food & wines and the restaurant atmosphere is to die for! We had the seafood platter and what a delightful choice..the wine was poured for us & the whole service was ecquisite! They even brought out food outside for us so we could eat in the summer warmth. A truly luxurious place..

London
“What went wrong?!”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Having visited the website and seeing the delicious menu I decided to book La Bourse for a work christmas dinner. When I contacted the restaurant the first time to enquire about a christmas menu I was told the manager would get back to me. They didn't. Upon calling again they seemed rather uninterested which was worrying, but I'd already been seduced by the menu I went ahead anyway... This really was a tale of two halves:
Upon arrival the restaurant was virtually empty. The floor beneath the table was littered with crumbs and there were random stray wires around our feet. Pre-dinner cocktails were delicious and service was fine. When it came to the food - everything was absolutely delicious (lamb, duck, lobster, scallops & steak) yet some of us fared better than others when it came to portion size...(see the pictures to get the idea). It was a pleasant evening though the emptiness definitely zapped atmosphere from the place. Decor was nice enough (think 1990 /2000s) so they'd clearly invested heavily. I'm not sure what went wrong with this place; they execute excellent dishes, but perhaps the tucked away location next to the 'always full' Brasserie Blanc' was it's undoing, which is a shame as it had the potential to be wonderful - I understand it's now closed, but shall look out for a reincarnation perhaps in a more sympathetic & less cavernous location... Ah well - see you next time La Bourse team...

2 Thank Ally-7
London, United Kingdom
“RIP La Bourse”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

This place has now closed, no great surprise going on the many terrible reviews here and the fact that it was always empty when I passed by. I was in there just before Christmas and it was every bit as comically bad as the reviews make out, nice decor but awful service and so so food did for it. Farewell, La Bourse, farewell!

1 Thank Scott7454
London
“My first 1 star review of any restaurant on TA”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Decided to try La Bourse at around 2pm on a Friday with my wife. We walked in, no one welcomed us and no one was at the 'front desk'. In front of us was a couple, and behind us a large group appeared out of nowhere. Not having any waiting area we all piled up wondering what was going on.

I noticed a lonely waitress attending a few tables - I'd say less than 50% of the tables were occupied. She didn't acknowledge us either. After 15 minutes of waiting, without anyone even acknowledging our presence, we hailed the coat lady who was just sort of standing around in a zombie-like state. She asked us if we had reservations, we didn't, so we were asked to leave.

I have never in my life seen such poor service at reception, I'm not even sure if it was a reception, in fact I'm wondering if this place is staffed at all. I've seen better service at Mac Donalds.

Avoid like the plague.

1 Thank Saronthina
Londom
“Dont go”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Very bad experience. I went there a first time and it was not too bad. But the second time...

First of all we didn’t have any wine list for 30minutes. We had to ask 3 waiters for it and sometime twice to the same waiter. Some of my guest spent at least 15minutes without a menu…
After 40minutes the waiter took our order but he came back 10minutes later saying that the wine was not available and that you didn’t have scallops. So we had to reorder and we finally get all the orders sorted after one hour. At that time all the tables around us already had their main courses.

When we finally got our courses (Lobster and Steak) but all our steaks were cold. So the waiter asked our steaks back and came back 10min later but didn’t gave the good steak to the people (different weight were ordered). In the meantime we ate our lobsters and to be honest the sauce was a little bit off….

At the end the service charges (in excess of £50) was automatically added to the bill for a service that was not there at all

I would like to stress on the fact that 2 out of 3 waiters didn’t know there jobs and we had to tell them what to do (new glass of wine when we change wine, asking ladies first etc…). One of the waitress was also a bit rude. I understand that English was not her mother tongue however there is a certain way to speak to clients.

I sent an email to complain but never received a answer. I will never go back there. Avoid going there

1 Thank Mathieu D