“AMAZING SHOW!! Very SPICEY!!”
Review of Viva Forever - CLOSED

Viva Forever
Wellington, null, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“AMAZING SHOW!! Very SPICEY!!”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I loved this show and was deeply saddened when I found out this show had closed. It was of West End standard and had some of the greatest songs written to support it. The show was also thoroughly witty and had great humor. Listening to Wannabe being played by an orchaestra was definitley a highlight of the show as it was fun and enjoyable. As well as the music, the charactars were also very well developed especially the girls of "Eternity". Would've loved to see this show again but at least I have the memories now.

Visited January 2013

London, United Kingdom
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Could b great”
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

Could have been a great show, with music of the spice girls and a book by Jennifer Saunders who thought it wouldn't do as well as it should. My big issue with it was the lack of girl power is that not what the girls stood for? My other issue was the 4 lead girls so badly cast I wanted to scream, they were weak in their performance and no energy or power came from them, I think with so more added comedy and a strong lead the show could have done way better

Ayrshire
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Didn't Work”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

When my friends and I heard the news that this show was closing due to poor ticket sales, we rushed out to see it on a Lastminute.com meal-and-show package. Although I am glad to have been given the opportunity to see 'Viva Forever' (as I believe it will never resurface in any shape or form again), I was shocked at just how bad it was.

I was a huge Spice Girls fan back in the day but the poor renditions of their songs in this so-called musical left me feeling cold rather than nostalgic. The dialogue and acting were wooden. Other audience members appeared to be entertained but the only time my friend and I laughed were at 'sentimental' scenes including an awful mash-up of the Spice Girls hits 'Mama', 'Goodbye' and flop comeback single 'Headlines'.

I hope 'Dirty Dancing' (which is replacing 'Viva Forever' and opens today) restores the reputation of the Piccadilly Theatre and allows us to forget about this sorry episode.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Barco84
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“alot of fun”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Don't know why it closed, lots of laughs and fun, so glad we went to see it, some very very funny moments :-)

London
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Dreadful”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We purchased these tickets on a deal where you had dinner included so we had a very good deal for the price we paid. However this was so awful I'm shocked it made it to stage. The story is to awful that if it didn't have some spice girls songs to sing along to and reminisce with the girls then we would have walked out. Not the greatest singers either. We thought it was going to be a story of the spice girls not some rip off x-factor / ab fab production. Even though we all heard bad things we went not expecting allot.. but it was even worse than what we thought it was going to be like.

1 Thank EllieLeeLondon